“Very comfortable”

Ranked #22 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here one night and I have to say everything was immaculate and up to standards.

I found the food the best :) We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and both were amazing!

Clean, comfortable, good value for money!

Our room was very nice with a bath and shower...

Would definitely recommend to friends and family and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaDelhi_NCR, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear SaranSingh,

We are delighted to know you had a comfortable stay with us and that our service standards met your expectations. Thank you for the wonderful words you have for our food and beverage offering, specially the breakfast an dinner spread. We are happy to learn you found us value for money and enjoyed our bath experience.

Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends. We look forward to having you back.

Plot No.1, Community Centre, Okhla Phase - l, New Delhi – 110020

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I went here for new year celebrations. Superb ambience, courteous staff and good food. Though Place was crowded we were treated well... Property is nice and well maintained. Will like to go here again..!! I brought a deal from groupon!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank APandey
CrownePlazaDelhi_NCR, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear APandey,

Thank you for choosing to spend the New Year’s Eve at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla. We are happy to know you liked the hotel ambiance, staff courtesy, food & beverage offerings and had an amazing experience.

We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed 1 night after arriving from the US, and before traveling to the Golden Triangle. It was a beautiful hotel with terrific staff. The rooms are very attractive with a large bathtub and a separate shower. The included breakfast was delicious and well presented. Breakfast included a large buffet, plus some cooked to order items.
I ordered pizza for room service. It was served with 2 jars of Ketchup, and 1 bowl of herbs. I poured all of the herbs on the pizza, and it was excellent. Interesting how they thought I needed Ketchup!
Staying at a very nice hotel in India provides a much needed sanctuary from all of the sights and sounds of India. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank J E

Dear J E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent stay experience at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla. We are delighted to know you liked the well appointed guest rooms, specially the bathtub and shower experience. Thank you for the kind words you have for our food and beverage offerings, specially the large breakfast spread at Edesia. We are pleased to know our staff was One Step Ahead and delivered seamless service.

We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed 17 Jan- 19th Jan 2014

If your travelling to Delhi, it's better to pay for something upmarket like the Crowne Plaza, as Delhi, as a city isn't the best of places to be walking around, whether your by yourself or as a couple.

However, the hotel was amazing!
As soon as we arrived at the hotel, staff were extremely friendly and very quick checking us in. The receptionist explained all the essential information fully (what time breakfast starts/finishes, check out time etc.)
The hotel was very clean and the rooms were quite amazing. The maintenance ensured every room was spotless.

A big thank you to Marcus Cordozo (Chief Concierge) and Sandeep Sukhija (Concierge) ensuring our stay was excellent.

The location isn't the best in the world, but it's what inside that matters.

4  Thank darrenb857
CrownePlaza_Okhla, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear darrenb857,

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla amongst many options available to you in New Delhi. We are delighted to know that you found us amazing and specially our staff which delivered friendly service. Thank you for the encouraging words you have for Marcus and Sandeep from concierge, we are pleased to learn they enhanced your guest experience.

We hope either your work or a holiday brings you back to New Delhi soon and we get the privilege to serve you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Having stayed at a number of Crowne Plaza hotels with work I arrived at this hotel without high expectations. This is a fabulous hotel to relax after a busy time if travelling around so clean!!

We stayed here on 18th jan 2014 for one night prior to a tour of the "Golden Triangle" and again at the end of the tour on the 22nd jan. I must say this hotel is amazing and the staff at reception and bar/restaurant were first class. I note comments by other reviewers and must say this has not been the case for us. We left something in the room after the first night although it wasn't found the staff have gone over and above the call of duty to rectify the problem. (I'm afraid I do nit recall the lady's name from reception that came to our room) but she was so professional and wanted so much to rectify the problem for us.

The rooms at the hotel are spacious and spotless.

The food at the hotel has been for us amazing we ate in the Italian/Chinese restaurant and chose from the Asian menu the food was simply divine!!! The barman on our second night there I think it was "Ashrad?" (My apologies for not remembering his name exactly) was so helpful and informative.

At breakfast there is wide choice of items to choose from. There is something for everyone. Staff very attentive.

For us it was a truly amazing stay and cannot wait to go back for our last night in Delhi on the 2nd Feb before we unfortunately fly home.

4  Thank 734Anna

Dear 734Anna,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your fabulous and relaxing stay experience at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla. Thank you for all the encouraging words you have for our team members specially reception and food & beverage, which motivates us to continue to perform at the high standards that are expected of us. We are delighted to learn our staff was One Step Ahead during your stay and delivered seamless service. Thank you for the kind words you have for our well appointed, spacious guest rooms, wide breakfast spread and specially the food and beverage offerings at our multiple awards winning restaurant – ChaoBella.

We look forward to having you back with us soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza in New Delhi for three nights in January, 2014. The hotel is exactly what you would expect: large, clean, and well-located. Our room was well-appointed and clean, and the windows kept out the noise of the city. The main restaurant offered a good selection of western and Indian dishes. There are probably quainter boutique hotels in New Delhi, but this served our purposes well.

6  Thank Becky M
CrownePlaza_Okhla, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Becky M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Crowne Plaza Today New Delhi Okhla amongst many options available to you. We are delighted to know we met your expectations and that you liked our well appointed guest rooms, location and ambiance. We are pleased to learn that you liked our large selection of western and Indian dishes.

We look forward to having you back with us.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Here's an email I wrote to the hotel today:

Dear Mr Ashwani/Mr. Barun,

I had a chance to stay at your hotel “Crowne Plaza Today Okhla, New Delhi, India” on 28 December 2013, through a grouop voucher that I purchased for a 5-star mystery hotel deal. The hotel deal included a room, breakfast, sinner and a couple spa.
My experience with the hotel was utterly disappointing and a complete waste of time and money, to say the least. I would like to bring to your notice the challenges I faced during my stay:
• At the time of the check-in I requested Ms Megha (if I remember the name correctly, you can check in your duty roaster) to provide me a “good room” and I will not be able to make a choice since this is my first time at the hotel. Promptly she offers me room on 4th floor. Having read some reviews on Tripadvisor I asked to give me a room on 7th floor as that was a suggestion from trip advisor. She told me that no rooms are available above 4th floor. That was quite surprising for me and I said as much to her. She said that all the rooms above 4th floor are either occupied or under renovation. When I insisted on getting a room on 7th floor, and with a good view, she offered me room on 7th floor but the one facing the industrial set-up of okhla. I again called her and insisted on getting a better room and then she finally offered me a room on the other side which had a more decent view. Essentially she had at least 2 rooms available on 7th floor, yet I had to insist time and and again to get them. I would wonder wonder why? Or is it a standard deflection technique at the hotel!!!
• Towards the evening we wanted to have a cup of tea from the room. The room offered only earl grey and English breakfast tea options. I prefer more “indian” flavours such as a masala tea etc. I called up the house keeping and they informed me that they have only these options. (Hmmm… quite british, I must say), I have got masal tea or stronger tea options in EVERY 5-star hotel that I have stayed in ACROSS india, but not at the crowne. However, I thought that the person who had taken the call understood my request, but at least half an hour later I get a call from house keeping, asking me as to what I wanted because the person who had taken the call did not understand what I had requested for. WHAT!!!!
• At the reception while checking in, we were told that the spa runs a tight schedule so we must book it well in advance, since a half-hour couple spa was complimentary with the deal we bought. The spa, we were told, operates from 8am to 8pm only. At around 6pm we went to the spa to book a session, we were told that they are running on lean staff and they can not book a spa beyond 7pm for that day, which was already taken. For Sunday they are booked from 9:30am to 11:30am. So the next session really available is at 12:00pm, that too will not be a “couple spa” but a head message session, one person at a time. On enquiring about the time slot from 8:00am to 9:30am, we were promptly told that the therapist does not come before 9:30am. WOW!!! And we blame government departments of no accountability. We told the spa manager that we have to check out at 12:00 so how will we manage. The spa manager was quite nice and suggested that we check out from the room and get our luggage at the spa and then take the session. WHAT!!! Is he suggesting that we go out of the hotel with our hair well oiled. BRIGHT IDEA I must say. We therefore did not take the spa session, and in effect I lost some bit of my money in the deal.
• Well things were really not going great so far, but we were looking forward to a lavish dinner, that all 5-star hotels are supposed to offer. But we were out of luck here as well. The food was average at best, the rice that we took was burnt and hard, we informed as much to one of the waiters. When I went for my second helping, the tables were not cleared and I had to request a waiter and wait for the tables to be cleaned… quite a dhaba like feeling. Then there were no bowls for the dal. We requested th waiter to get us a bowl for the dal and a few roti’s and we waited for 10 minutes, nothing came and then I realized that the bowls have been placed newxt to the dal container so I went there myself and got all the things that I needed. The waiter never came back with these two things. That’s called service, the pride of all upmarket hotels and where the price premium comes from. We being vegetarians had only two options for a dessert, which is ok, but then we asked the waiter if they also have ice-cream on the menu and he told us that it indeed was on the menu, we requested for two scoops, and waited for another 10 minutes. No one came back and we decided to move back to the room, but thought of giving a feedback to the manager on duty. He was apologetic, as should be expected, and offered to send us a scoop in our room. Hmmm, so its all about having a scoop of ice cream and not about the overall feel and experience!!! Also wanted to mention here that the dinner area was not even half occupied, so there can not be an excuse that these guys were overworked.
• Not to mention here that the spread was quite confused (according to me) – 2-3 indian main course (on which 1 was a south indian flavor), 2-3 japanese dishes and another 2-3 continental dishes. Variety yes, but confused. However, that is not my concern area.
• By this time our stay was ruined and money and time completely wasted. We decided to have no expectations from the hotel. In the morning I went to the nearby petrol pump, got myself a good cappuccino coffee (from the in&out store) and as a hotel this should be insulting and embarrassing for you.
• At the time of the check-out I told this entire story (as it is, as typed above) to Ms Priya and Mr Om Deep Sharma, who were quite apologetic. Ms Priya organized a call back for me the next day (I don’t know from whom). This lady enquired how I was and requested me to meet her whenever next I visited their hotel. No apologies, no explanations, no offers to make up for the lost time and money. A simple “Mr Rai please meet me whenever you visit our property next” WHAT!!! Is she out of her mind, why will I visit again.
• By the way I forgot to mention, through out my stay I was referred to as Mr. Gupta, on check out when I asked Mr Om to confirm in whose name the room was booked, he told me two names, none of them being a Mr. Gupta!!!

I am not sure, if this lengthy email was worth the effort, and whether you would care, but still I thought of bringing this to your notice. I definitely felt like The V.U.P in the movie Oceans Thriteen, if you know what I mean.

Regards,
Nitin rai

Room Tip: avoid the hotel, but if u must stay or life will come to an end, stay on higher floors, with even nu...