“Ok for a night stay over”
Review of Hotel AirportCity

Hotel AirportCity
Ranked #607 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I took a deluxe room for a night.

Rooms - 3/5, small rooms but found clean.
Food - 3/5, just had breakfast.
Hot water/ bathroom- 2.5, small geysers.
Internet - 3.5/5, free fast wifi.
Service and people - 3.5/5, was cooperative.

Close to the airport, low budget hotel. Was worth the money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Airport City Hotel is an average hotel situated at the backlanes off the main highway. I wanted a night-stay at a hotel near the airport as we were to catch a domestic flight to Amritsar the next afternoon. I booked the hotel via hotels.com and the customer service agent quoted me a very reasonable price. She also told me it was a worth-a-while hotel with breakfast included and I should go ahead with the booking as I will not regret the stay and the price that I was paying.

I was a little anxious as we were heading to the hotel at about 9.30 pm on an airport taxi which charged us about 240 rupees. The driver did a U-turn and headed towards one of the back lanes. The road was bad and bumpy. Luckily it was a short road and we arrived at our destination. Though it was almost 10.00 pm, when we reached the hotel, there was a staff member at the counter to greet us and told us that he was expecting us. We checked in with no hassle.

We checked in and were sent to our room on the first floor. We got the room facing the lane but it was facing the room of another hotel which was situated on the main road. I had requested for a triple room and we had one double and one single comfortable beds. The room was spacious, neat with linens white and clean. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The bathroom was average but perfectly fine – no complaints. Since it was quite a cold nite in February, we requested for a heater which was provided free of charge. The WIFI is also free.

The next morning, when we got up, and looked out of the window, there were rows of shops and it was quite a hustle and bustle outside. We went down for breakfast, the staff was very welcoming and showed us the local and western spread. He then asked what drink we would like to have. We requested for tea, to our surprise that was one of the best tea I have ever tasted. Though it was from their vending machine, the taste was just perfect with the correct blend of spices and cardamons. It was out of the world. We had two cups each coz we knew we may never get this tea again for a long time. As we had our breakfast, we could see the world go by through the class panes facing the lane.

I have read some of the reviews for this hotel and am wondering why some people have written so bad reviews. But as for me and my family, I would say that overall, the hotel, though with a 3-star rating, is a fantastic night-stay for anyone looking for a place to stay near the airport. The staff members are helpful, polite and hospitality is superb. So it is highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the front to view the hustle and bustle down the road
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Satwant B
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were shipped to another hotel the room was nothing like the picture it was dirty and smelled , no kettle etc and no window view no curtains noisy dismissive staff no hot water manager in the morning was the only one who cared I would not send my dog there

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank IndiaKate
HotelAirportCity, Front Office Manager at Hotel AirportCity, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

please don`t display selected guest review because they didn`t stay here.if they want to write about that property where she stayed then she should choose that hotel on trip advisior.
please remove this guest review because this is not actual thought for our property where she didn`t use our room.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel staff was not friendly and welcoming. Rooms were not maintained properly. I checked in late in the night, the room offered was terrible. I checked out within 15 mins but had to pay for one day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MayankBhutoria
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Always double-check with the hotel reception through telephone after 2-3 days after online booking with agencies. All the positive reviews about the hotel is true. Good proximity to Airport and free transport to Airport is plus point.

Room Tip: Best hotel at the rate. I double-checked with the hotel after booking through Cleartrip, as I experi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank dede12345233
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The only reason I haven't given this hotel a lower rating is due to how close it is to the airport. We stayed for one night whilst waiting for a flight and that was more than enough. The room looked ok at first glance but we then realised that the bathroom was really dirty and the pillows and bed sheets were damp with mildew! As we were only staying the room for a few hours over night we decided to sleep in our sleeping bags, but as the heater didn't work this meant we were freezing.
We also asked for airport pick up and were told it would cost 560 rupees. No car arrived so instead we took a taxi - for 310 rupees. This hotel is filthy, uncomfortable and a rip off, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: You want a helpful room tip? Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We arrived at the international airport at midnight and were going further on to Nagpur the next morning.The best way to have a good night's sleep and a shower in the morning is to book a night at Hotel AirportCity. It is only a short taxi-drive from the airport to the hotel. It was a peaceful place, located so close to the airport and the main road. The staff was friendly and helpful. Even the transfer to the airport in the morning was included. Our best recommendations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple