“Not quite what we expected”

Nina Kochhar Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #75 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Not quite what we expected”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The photos on Nina's website give the impression of space, which is not quite the case when you arrive. The accommodation comprises of a two bedroom flat, with the bedrooms and kitchen leading off the living room. Our first impression was that we were in the middle of a council estate.

That said the proximity of the metro gave us an easy journey into the centre of Delhi.

Nina is charming and was able to offer us advice as to what we should visit in Delhi. Unfortunately our first impression persisted and we spent the minimum time possible in the B&B.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NFribbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The room is clean so as the bathroom. The wi fi was broken but Nina allowed us as much as we wanted to use here privat computer :)
We could order food when ever wich was very good!
Location is very nice. Next to kashmir gate metro.
We'll be back.. :D

• Stayed October 2012
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at Nina's place for two days. My first trip to India and it was a very good choice for me. Nina helped me a lot with all my questions I had about my trip through India. She patiently answered all my questions I fired at her in the time before my stay.

To me it was a very pleasant experience to be part of an Indian house environment. Her house is safely situated very close to Kashmere metro station. As soon as I found out about this metro system it was very easy, and cheap, to explore my way around Delhi.

The food which was served was very delicous and with care prepared. I loved sitting on the rooftop and drink my tea. Just be in Delhi and listen to the honking horns in the background and watch the birds in the sky.

This is your place to enter into Delhi in a very comfortable and homely atmosphere.

<in Dutch>

Een heerlijke plek om aan te komen in Delhi. Ik voelde me erg thuis bij Nina en voor mij was dit fijn om wat te wennen aan het Indiaanse leven. Nina weet veel van India en de toeristische trekpleisters en ik had mooie gesprekken met haar over het leven in India.

Namaste,
René

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was looking for a hassle-free stay in Delhi and was not disappointed with my 3 nights at Nina's place. The location is very central, 5 min walk to the metro station, though the neighbourhood might not have a lot to offer in itself, but I was there too short to really appreciate it. As said in all the reviews, Nina is very kind and helpfull, trying her best to make her hosts confortable at home and happy about their stay in Delhi.
One drawback though : the place might lack of privacy for some travellers, it's really a homestay where you'll share the life of your hosts, which was fine for me, but you need to be aware about that. And considering that point and the Delhi market, it is probably a bit overpriced, but I'll still recommand it to any person who looks for a genuine experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank murielofparis
Reutlingen, Germany
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I spent one week at Nina’s lovely place and felt at home from the first moment. As young women I was a little concerned about travelling to Delhi on my own but the great hospitality of Nina and her wonderful flat allayed my fears quickly. Nina’s B&B is situated in a nice, green and quiet apartment complex. The flat is cozy and furnished with a lot of love and with attention to every detail. While having a cup of tea on the amazingly green roof terrace it is hard to believe one currently is in a large and busy capital city. The breakfast every morning was delicious and provided a perfect start for a busy sightseeing day. Nina was, with all her hints and advises, such a great help for getting around in Delhi. I can really recommend staying at Nina’s home when discovering Delhi; it is a unique place with such a friendly and warm-hearted host.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
harrogate
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We are two old friends who love an adventure and hotels were off the agenda and having researched homestays decided to stay at Nina's lovely apartment in the heart of Old Delhi

We were not disappointed as our host was a source of great information and went far beyond our expectations and organised our trips to Agra and Shimla down to the finest details

We would not hesitate in recommending this quirky homestay to those who want to discover the real Delhi coupled with the pleasure of staying with a great hostess

We can't wait to return as our only complaint was that our 6 day trip was not long enough

Room Tip: Nina only has one room so make sure you get on with your travel companion!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Nina is an absolute charm and provides warmth and hospitality that is very hard to find. The feeling you have staying in Ninas home is like visiting an old friend. Nina has a wealth of advice and knowledge of all things Delhi, and is also able to give advice on travelling throughout greater India.
The breakfast is fantastic and personalised (we were very well looked after as vegetarians).
The room is very clean, spacious and comfortable.
Thanks Nina and Dinesh,
we look forward to our next visit to civil lines!
Jordan and Brett