The Sunder
    • Restaurant
    • Room Service
    Good 3.5/5
    • Restaurant
    All reviewsbudget hotelpahar ganj arearailway stationrecommend this hoteldelhicomfort
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed June 4, 2013

We are 18 members had a trip to Kedarnath and Badrinath via Delhi from our home place Vizag in AP. We booked hotel rooms through cleartrip. The rooms and other amenities are good. Especially the staff at reception counter are so nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
    1  Thank skgembali
    Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed at the sunder on numerous trips through Delhi and always found it great value. The travel desk is awesome for organizing trips through out India we have done three trips Rajasthan,Agra,Jaipur,northern India all the way to Gulmarg and the drivers were great sanjay especially. The hotel has a good restaurant and wi fi is available for a small free .Would have no qualms in recommending this hotel to anyone.and spacial thanx to TINKU

Room Tip: back side room have less noice
    • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed May 20, 2013

The location in Pahar Ganj has character, but the area itself is grimy and feels quite unsafe for a solo traveller.

As mentioned in other reviews, the hot water is so brief it may as well be non-existent, while the sheets were stained and blankets were unwashed.

Avoid Tinku, he charges a premium for very poor quality travel planning - he sold me a day trip to Rishikesh by outlining the major attractions, neglecting to mention it was a 16-hour round trip. (For those who would cry 'caveat emptor', I'd argue that someone who purports to be a travel advisor should be trusted to avoid these... oversights.)

I would not stay here again, and would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
    1  Thank Jared S
    Reviewed April 23, 2013

They didn’t pick me up at the airport and were not even able to prevent me by mail or phone.
    When I called from the airport at 11 pm the guy told me he wasn't going to pick me up because I had not written the flight details when I explained that I was going to be at the airport but I didn't have a flight, I was already in Delhi arranging some things in the airport. I explained them the situation by phone and mail.
    At the end I went to another hotel because they were not serious.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
    1  Thank LUCIA E
    Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hotel is worth full for the amount that they charge, nice staff behavior, having lift facility, geysers, food is also tasty at reasonable price. All in all enjoyed the stay at hotel, will prefer to go again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family