“The stay was excellent and we will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sunder

The Sunder
Ranked #325 of 1,054 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Sambalpur, India
“The stay was excellent and we will be back”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We went there on 2/06/11.......The stay there was very comfortable........staff were very cooperative...planning to go to delhi on 7 august and will be booking the same hotel.....worth for money...
Bhavesh

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bhavesh79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I can say this place too bad but not very good too.
Positive:
- the rooms quite big and confortable;
- pretty clean, especially for India;
- helpfull staff;
- free airpost pick-up.
Negative:
- surrounding: there is big smelly pool right opposite hotel door because of road or communications reconstructions;
- I had a permanent problem with a taking shower;
- there is no Wi-Fi as declared.

Room Tip: There is no window in standart rooms but in deluxe rooms only. Taking deluxe room make sre that wind...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Olastr
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I met my friend in Delhi to start our trip, and we stayed at The Sunder for the first nights. The room was fine, maybe a bit expensive, but I guess that might be expected from AC rooms in Delhi. But the staff were very helpful, and we actually rented a car and driver from this hotel for 18 days. We were very happy with the arrangement, our driver was great, he made us feel safe on the haphazard roads of Rajasthan and never inconvencienced us in any way (we heard from other tourists about drivers that took too many chai-breaks or was drinking every night). On the trip, though we wanted to choose our own hotels, for the comfort of both us and the driver it turned out to be better to go with the options recommended to us by the driver, as we could then be sure that he had a place to sleep (not just in his car). Those places were also very nice and mostly quite cheap. When we returned to Delhi on our last day, The Sunder hotel was very helpful in letting us store our luggage here and use their shower, free of charge, even if we were not staying the night as our flight was due at night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Fjine
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Me and my friend stayed at the Sunder for two nights after she'd just gotten to Delhi. We wanted to stay somewhere central and comfortable, while acclimatising to the Indian summer. The Sunder has a great, central location, nice rooms with fresh colours and a very friendly and helpful staff. We really didn't have much of an idea for where we were going to go after Delhi, but the hotel's travel desk helped us arrange a very successful trip to Rajasthan. Thank you so much for great service!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ingebjorg88
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 24, 2011

The cheap price for this hotel might get you doubtful about its quality, but i was so happily surprised when i first stepped in this beautiful ,clean and peaceful place.
The way it is built keeps it from the outside noise ,with the convinience of an elevator.
The very nicely nicely decorated with a good air condition,quality bed,big and clean bathroom; and all the needed accessories make its confort.
The way this people welcomes you , and the way the hotel is designed gives you peace of mind, makes you feel safe and confortable.
At the difference of any other hotel i stayed in in Indai,this people offers you excellent quality service without bothering you about tips.
This team is just so friendly professional,and helpful. They just got the sense of moral and humanity. They would even go futher , helping you manage and organize your tour in or outside Delhi.
Ooh the food ! Congrats chef !
Respect to you guys, keep it up,and thanks again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Memphian72
Agra, India
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The moment you step into the Lobby you find your self being complimented by the most efficient and beautiful members of the hotel family
The warmth is felt in the greetings and you settle in the lap of confidence and feel at home with the best of the luxury waiting your arrival in the room, the beautifully arranged luxurious washrooms and the elegantly placed stuff with the minutest of the details are the standard features of this hotel room.
The coffee shop is vibrating with activities and the health club always ready to make you feel more energetic and the spa experience is unforgettable.
The business center provides you with an office away from your work place
The food is awesome may be in any of the restaurants spread over levels
The best hotel in India I ever visited it crosses all the standard in the industry....
The G.M. of the hotel is seen in the morning and you cant miss her even while you are off to your room after a long day.....always at the guests call....which you wont need as the members of the hotel family are always attentive and ready to serve....

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I came to delhi for the second time. I was aware of the behaviour of delhites (i.e charging too much prices). As I came out of new delhi station and asked the auto driver to take me to the hotel, the sunder. The driver asked me to pay Rs 200.I called at the hotel and the hotel manager said that hotel, the sunder is nearby the station (approx 1.5km)and would not take more than 15 minutes to reach and the driver should charge upto Rs 50 (max.).It was late night and had to attend business meeting in early morning, so i paid Rs100 to the auto driver and somehow reached the hotel, the sunder. The hotel, the sunder was on the main road.The manager (Mr. Deepak, young boy) welcomed me with the smile. The check in was too quick .Then I was taken to my room by the staff.The room was neat and clean,wll-furnished,tidy bedsheets with the plasma tv.The bathrrom was also clean. I was Hungry,so i ordered my dinner and was served within 20 min. The food was tasty and the staff was great in their performance. Next morning I had to attend meeting , so i asked them to arrange the taxi for me and they arranged it. For two days , the meeting went on and when i was completed with my work, i had 2 more days to stay so i planned for Delhi sightseen. After delhi sight seen, i went to agra . The tour was fanatastic and the prices charged were too reasonable. i had wonderful stay at hotel, the sunder and whenever I visit Delhi again , I would stay in the same hotel. They value their customer , the staff is polite and is quick in their services. I would say hats off to their staff for making my stay in delhi comfortable. I would recommend to others too. keep going ,hotel, the sunder

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business