“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #554 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Brisbane, Australia
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

To anyone even considering this hotel- first of all DO NOT STAY HERE!
I am writing this as I am sitting in the room which we got. It is filthy, dirty and smells like a homeless person. Does not matter if the any of the previous reviews after saying it is a good budget hotel- because it is definitely not. It is budget, but honestly I would rather shorten my trip and spend some extra money than stay here. IT IS HORRIBLE. The beds are filthy and although they said they were cleaning our room, when we arrived, it was greasy, beyond unbearable. There is a fine line between 'charming whilst backpacking or traveling' and 'unbearable' and Anoop Hotel is defined by the latter. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS HOTEL!
We have decided to leave, although we have payed for 4 nights, just because it is so noisy from the street, it smells awful and one does not even want to touch anything in the room, let alone sleep or take a shower. Whatever reviews or ranking this place has got- once again- save yourself energy, stress, anxiety and disappointment, because this hotel is located on a unsafe spot and is overall THE worse hotel/room we have ever seen, and we are experienced travelers.

Room Tip: There is not tip to for getting a good room at Anoop Hotel- DO NOT STAY HERE!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anilsi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Mumbai
Reviewed January 12, 2013

It's ok for a short stay in Main Bazar. It has good location and good food even late night. Not far from New Delhi railway station and metro. Rooms are not so tidy, wi-fi is not free, but what can you expect at this price in a city like New Delhi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

uk
Reviewed December 29, 2012

half clean room,filthy bathroom,cold shower,what else is there to say? only positive is that the tour we booked with the hotels mr singh was fantastic,full value for money,the driver called rinkoo was a wealth of knowledge and nothing was too much trouble for him,i would definitely recommend booking a tour from here,we visited jaipur and agra over five days and saw much more than what we would have done if we had gone by ourselves,the hotels that we stayed in on the trip were excellent.oh one last thing,the breakfast at the hotel was revolting and the kitchen was filthy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
amsterdam,netherlands
Reviewed November 29, 2012

we stayed at Anoop in nov '12, do not recommend this place to anybody.
the bathrooms stink, the sheets are filthy, it is very noisy from the street.
We got offered "better" rooms by the sikh owner, but they are all the same .
The rooftop restaurant is also very dirty. As mentioned in other reviews, there as plenty of places in the area to choose from.

Room Tip: just don't go there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank fietsgek

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Chernihiv
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The only advantages of this hotel that I'd point out are its roof-top restaurant (looks scary, but the food is good) and the clock room that is very convenient even if you're staying in a different place.

As for the rooms, they are quite dirty and the room service is aweful. Dirty sheets, dirty bathrooms, etc.

The prices are definitely TOO HIGH for what they offer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Torrevieja, Spain
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hello:
I had a bad experience in this hotel , where I feeled cheated and fooled, although it is recomendeded in several travel gudes as Lonely Planet, so I would like to make aware whoever might have in mind to choose this place to saty in Delhi.
I called to the hotel a couple of days before my arrival to book 2 roms, and I was told , the price was 500pupies per room and there was no problem to book them for the date I arrived in Delhi.
Fine! I thought.... but.....When I arrived in the hotel , the rooms were no booked at all, and I was told They could only give me 2 rooms for 700 rupies each, but they would charge only 1200 rupies for the two of them. I was a little ungry, of course, but , at 05.00 in the morning , after a long bus trip, you don´t feel like having arguments or strolling around searcing for a place to saty, therefor, I agreed, gave my passport deatils and agreed to pay when leaving the hotel, next day.
I went to sleep, and an hour after, my friend, for whom I had booked the second room, arrived also to the hotel, and was told , there was no room for less than 800rupies , and charged at the point !
When we met, next day we went together to talk to the hotel manager to try to clear out the situation.
This absolutely disgusting man, refused to arrange the things at all, so we had to pay one room for 800rupies , and the other one 600 rupies, but the last drop came when I , QUITE FED UP . asked for a taxi to go to the airpòrt next morning at 07.00 .
He explained to me , taht I arrived the day before at 05.00 in the morning, and I inteded to leave next day at 07.00, and he hd to charge me an extra half day for this 2 hours exceding the 24.00 hours stay. At this point I was really ungry, so I told him to ask the taxi for 05.00 in the moring , instead 07.00 , and my friend decided to leve the hotel and go to anothe one next morning also. The price of the taxi was fixed at 300 rupies.
Next morning, the taxi price was increased to 400 rupies.
In one word : DISGUSTING.
The room itself wasn´t bad, and reasonably clean for Paharganj standards ,but the hot water tap didn´t work , for exmple.
After this experience I decided to write a review to advice everybody against this hotel .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We booked for two nights but left as soon as we could after arriving early hours of the morning the room smelt like a toilet and was filthy in fairness the refunded the money for the 2nd night. Do not stay here there are plenty of places to stay much nicer and not that much more expensive

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple