“Bad experience at Anoop Hotel Paharganj, Delhi”
Review of Anoop Hotel

Anoop Hotel
Ranked #571 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hello:
I had a bad experience in this hotel , where I feeled cheated and fooled, although it is recomendeded in several travel gudes as Lonely Planet, so I would like to make aware whoever might have in mind to choose this place to saty in Delhi.
I called to the hotel a couple of days before my arrival to book 2 roms, and I was told , the price was 500pupies per room and there was no problem to book them for the date I arrived in Delhi.
Fine! I thought.... but.....When I arrived in the hotel , the rooms were no booked at all, and I was told They could only give me 2 rooms for 700 rupies each, but they would charge only 1200 rupies for the two of them. I was a little ungry, of course, but , at 05.00 in the morning , after a long bus trip, you don´t feel like having arguments or strolling around searcing for a place to saty, therefor, I agreed, gave my passport deatils and agreed to pay when leaving the hotel, next day.
I went to sleep, and an hour after, my friend, for whom I had booked the second room, arrived also to the hotel, and was told , there was no room for less than 800rupies , and charged at the point !
When we met, next day we went together to talk to the hotel manager to try to clear out the situation.
This absolutely disgusting man, refused to arrange the things at all, so we had to pay one room for 800rupies , and the other one 600 rupies, but the last drop came when I , QUITE FED UP . asked for a taxi to go to the airpòrt next morning at 07.00 .
He explained to me , taht I arrived the day before at 05.00 in the morning, and I inteded to leave next day at 07.00, and he hd to charge me an extra half day for this 2 hours exceding the 24.00 hours stay. At this point I was really ungry, so I told him to ask the taxi for 05.00 in the moring , instead 07.00 , and my friend decided to leve the hotel and go to anothe one next morning also. The price of the taxi was fixed at 300 rupies.
Next morning, the taxi price was increased to 400 rupies.
In one word : DISGUSTING.
The room itself wasn´t bad, and reasonably clean for Paharganj standards ,but the hot water tap didn´t work , for exmple.
After this experience I decided to write a review to advice everybody against this hotel .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked for two nights but left as soon as we could after arriving early hours of the morning the room smelt like a toilet and was filthy in fairness the refunded the money for the 2nd night. Do not stay here there are plenty of places to stay much nicer and not that much more expensive

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I wouldn't recommend booking anywhere in Main Bazaar in Delhi as it's very unsafe. Although the email confirmed complimentary airport pick up no one was there when we arrived and when we called in, they said no one would be coming and it was an extra cost.
While my friend's rooms were clean and had working toilets, A/C, I was not as fortunate. We waited an extra 5 mintues as our room was undergoing toilet maintenance. After the plummer left the toilet still didn't work and the walls were mouldy.
We moved rooms. It looked nice enough - the bathroom looked very clean and the toilet worked well. However, the A/C leaked excessively (filled a small garbage can within 2 hours). While staff were nice and offerred to move us to another room again, at this point we were exhausted and it was late so we just used a larger bucket to catch the leak and turned off the A/C (the staff refused to charge us for a non-AC room). The only redeeming quality was the tourist agent downstairs who arranged a private A/C van and driver to take us around to Agra and Jaipur. The driver was very nice, accomodating to the sites we wanted to see and also stopped at some places he thought we'd like ($80US). My advice would be to get there early and check the rooms thoroughly before unpacking as there are some nice rooms but also some bad rooms. They also had a working TV that played some English movies and TV shows.

Room Tip: Check rooms before unpacking (toilet, linens, A/C, shower). Rooms 105 and 106 were okay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mafer7
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here on the 31st of July waiting a next day flight. When we arrived, the room we booked by e-mail, was not available (it seemed that there was not reservation at all!).
They tryied to give us a room without air conditioning and in very poor condition. After protesting they shown us other two rooms and the 3rd one at the end was decent. The restaurant at the roof floor wasn't too bad with a nice view. For the price we paid probably you can find someting better.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Folk79
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here from the 16th to 19th August. Rooms were big, but sheets were dirty. Bathroom backs on to another rooms bathroom with a metal grille in between (the grille is up high, but if you're tall, you can see in to the other rooms bathroom).

Service at the roof top restaurant is poor.

Wouldn't stay here again for the price (1000 rupees- double room, no ac).

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks while I was getting LASIK eye surgery in Delhi. I was in 3 different rooms, and they were all well-priced (700Rs double) and perfect for what I wanted - A/C, clean, working bathroom, nice tv. The service was good whenever I asked for tp, soap, figuring out the AC, etc. They also had clean, cold, filtered water for free, and an internet cafe downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Rooms can be very good, just make sure you look at a few first. Roof top restaurant has very good food.

• Stayed: August 2011