“Service, ambience, spa!”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and really enjoyed the reception of being garlanded and offered a house drink after our travels to get there. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet had unique dishes that I hadn't experienced before and the layout was generous. The restaurant was also good. We also really enjoyed our massages with gorgeous sanctuary like rooms. We are looking forward to staying again soon sometime.

• Stayed: February 2013
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi. We are glad to know that your experience from the flower welcome upon arrival to the service and offerings in our restaurant were to your liking. Our team at our award-winning spa by ESPA thank you for being our guests and we look very much forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Louis Sailer

Write a ReviewReviews (3,050)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel 4 days. We had requested pickup from the airport. From the pickup until we were delivered to the airport 4 days later, each interface with the employees at Leela Palace was a pleasure.

Attention to details is part of their DNA. Very friendly employees that made our stay very comfortable.

Security is very high in India these days. You get that feeling as soon as you get to the hotel. The car is checked (open motor lock, check with mirrors under the car and check baggage room) before letting us enter the hotel. But all is done with a smile.

You get helped out of the car and all your bags are carried for you as you pass the security check before entering into the hotel lobby where you are greeted and shown to your room where our host did the check-in. Very painless.

The room was large and very comfortable. A large window gave lots of light into the room. The bed was a king size bed with very good madras and pillows. I was very happy for this since I had recently cracked some ribs and needed a good bed to enjoy my vacation.

The bathroom had a bad tub, a large shower with 3 shower heads (pick your combination :->) and two sinks. Great water pressure. A bottle of water for each of us available every day, essential to brush your teeth and what not.

Spacious room. Plenty of closet space.

Internet available in the room, but if I have to give a negative statement to our stay is that Internet is not for free. Strange that such a high priced hotel will not offer internet for free. You can buy 1,2,3 hour, 12 hour, or per day, two days, or five. It means continuous time, not like you can logout after 15 minutes and reconnect again few hours later to use the rest. I hope in the future they realize that such service should be included as part of the room cost.

We had access to their royal club lounge. We ate breakfast there and had a couple of cocktails. Breakfast there has a limited choice of food, but you can order warm breakfast like eggs or pancakes in addition. Good service, but I cannot compare to the breakfast available in the ground floor since we never ate there.

We ordered room service. It was very good and quick delivery. Food was at our door under 30 minutes from the time we ordered.

It was a welcomed oasis to return after our tours into town or around the area. We were always received with a great smile.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cuso1960

Thank you very much for endorsing The Leela Palace as the oasis in New Delhi.We are delighted that you’d stayed with us and to read your kind feedback on our services and products.

I am pleased to know your appreciation about the décor, rooms and our beautiful Royal Club Lounge and I am happy to know that no detail was missed in the airport transfers and services from our private dining staff.

We note of your concern about the internet charges and will certainly work on better ways to make it fully accessibly in due time.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Place New Delhi again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My expectation were high as The Leela was the last hotel I would be staying in at during a 4 week visit to Asia.

We booked an airport pick up and were pleased to greeted as soon as we cleared customs by a friendly and welcoming hotel rep in a suit and a driver. We followed as they took our bags to a nearby white BMW 5-series that the hotel owns and whisked us away for a comfortable 20-30 minute drive into New Delhi. (Transfers are complimentary if you book a three night stay in a club room - more about that later.)

The Leela is in the "Diplomatic Enclave" which means the area is packed with embassies and other VIP type establishments like the GymKhana Club etc. As you would expect this diplomatic area has tons of security everywhere. In addition, the car is checked at the hotel gates by armed security, and one walks through an X-Ray machine at the hotel entrance. I always set off all the alarms every place I go since I do carry metal on and inside me. But, no one seemed bothered at this check point. Being white/western may have has its privileges here since I only ever saw non-white folks being patted down. I am not complaining, but that was the only discordant note in the entire Leela Palace experience. However, for those who are nervous about State Dept warnings re terrorism etc in India generally, this location will make you feel VERY safe.

I have to hastily add that once past security, entering the hotel doors was a very welcoming experience. As you'd expect, the hotel boasts a massive marble entrance hall with soaring ceilings. But, instead of being cold and "hard", the entire interior of Leela has been exquisitely decorated to provide a very warm and comfortable "soft" experience. All through our stay, everywhere we went, the well-trained friendly staff would greet us and enquire about helping us.

We were glad we booked a room on the (two) beautifully decorated club floors. As I mentioned, not only does that include transfers but one club floor offers a reception area, a private dining area a few steps from the room with excellent snacks served all day as well as a full breakfast (all complimemtary). There are also a couple of large and very comfortable sitting rooms which are great for lounging in, or impressing associates if you have meetings, as the staff will serve your party complimentary drinks and snacks.

The room/suite itself was large with very comfortable King bed and a lovely bathroom both exquisitely decorated/furnished/appointed (as was the rest of the hotel). Everything seems to have been thought of, from the positions of overhead lights for comfortable reading in bed, to chocolates, fruit, dressing gowns and slippers...

The (heated) rooftop swimming pool was large, great for lap swimming or lying on the loungers. Again, the surroundings were beautifully designed with a massive hanging gardens on one end. Water and towels brought over by the staff. Fabulous. It was great to go for a swim on a December night and afterwards shower in the luxuriant bathrooms next to the pool before returning to ones room wrapped in a plush dressing gown.

Had a few meetings in Delhi and the hotel usually fixed us up with one of their 7-series BMW's with driver. Getting a larger car was good as traffic in New Delhi is the worst that I have ever seen anywhere, including central London, Los Angeles, New York, or Kathmandu for that matter. It would take us 30-45 minutes to drive 5 miles at bad times of the day, other drivers get within an inch or two, and it was common to get accosted by very persistent beggars who will bang on the windows etc. So, it was wise to get a hotel car with their very good chauffeurs to drive us everywhere.

We hosted a party at the top floor Italian restaurant Le Cirque one night. Servings were not overly generous considering the price. The food was good, but certainly not the best I have had. Service was also good but not as good as in the rest of the hotel. So, I wonder if this (or the other 2 or 3 in the hotel) resturants are not actually owned/operated by the hotel itself.

The rest of the time, we would eat in the lovely club floor dining room - it only has three tables and most times we were alone. A full breakfast and snacks during the rest of the day was quite enough, and all complimentary.

The other advantage of the Club Floor rooms are the extremely helpful concierge staff. They spent literally more than half a day helping set up meetings for us when our schedules got scrambled. They also arranged a splendid trip to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal.

We met the charming and sophisticated new hotel manager Louis Sailer a couple of times. Apparently, he had just arrived from opening a boutique Leela Hotel in London on Regents Street, just off Piccadilly Circus. Given that our whole Leela Palace experience was just about faultless and immaculate, we will definitely look to stay in a Leela hotel anywhere else we travel.

Room Tip: One of the two Club Floors... Ideally a room on the same floor as the concierge desk, sitting and di...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank T S
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

It was a pleasure to meet with you during your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi. My team joins me in thanking you for the glowing compliments on our facilities and staff services.
I am delighted to read your appreciation of every detail from the airport transfers through our BMWs, the security surveillance, the Royal Club accommodations and the food & beverage presentations at the Club lounge as well as our heated rooftop swimming pool.

All our restaurants across the hotel are managed by us and I am sorry to read that we haven’t been able to deliver our service promise at all levels. Your comments will certainly be studied upon and I will work closely with the team to ensure we achieve high marks all the time.

My colleagues from our sister Leela hotel properties and I,are looking very much forward to welcoming you back to Leela soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My fiance and I stayed for 4 nights between January 1st to 4th 2014. We arrived from Agra in the late evening. There was a foreign President staying at the Hotel hence security was very tight. However, we were garland on arrival and seated in the lounge while the check in was being done by the staff. The hotel lobby and the flowers on the various counters around the lobby area and the corridors were simply so pretty..the attention to details caught our eye.. We were impressed.

The rooms are well laid out, spacious and alot of details have gone into the design of the interior. The lightings were perfect, amenities were excellent. Room Service and housekeeping is outstanding. The bed was very comfortable and of course the pillow menu is astounding. The staff at the hotel were very courteous and helpful. Breakfast is great, but a little too busy in the morning hence our Bru coffees come late.. otherwise, its great food. We enjoyed our stay very much and immersed ourself with the beauty and landscape of the hotel during out stay. The SPA was awesome too. We enjoyed the massages and service.

Outstanding... that's the best description I can think of

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the The Leela Palace New Delhi for your recent stay with us. We are very happy to read your kind feedback and delighted to know that you were able to experience most of our services and features.While we are delighted that you experienced our award winning ESPA and treatments, we are sorry for the delay in our coffee service during breakfast.

Please be assured that this will be addressed promptly.

We look forward to welcome you both back to The Leela Palace New Delhi in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had the pleasure at staying at the Leela palace for 2 nights.. and it was nothing short of excellence. The hotel from the main entrance to the room makes you feel just like a king or queen.. with a smiling face meeting and greeting you at every step of the way.

The rooms are the biggest that i have ever stayed in and i enjoyed my stay there with my sister. With room service sending us fresh and warm food as and when offered.. The ipod docking station made me and my sister kids again... toying around and experiencing this new technology (for us). at the end of our stay.. we just dint feel like checking out and going back to our regular routine, since we felt sooo comfortable at Leela.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PC5385

It is a pleasure to note that you and your family had such a pleasant time at The Leela Palace New Delhi.

Glowing feedback such as yours is the true testamentof our efforts and we are glad that you got the chance to experience our in-room technology. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you and your family back for a prolonged stay soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently stayed in the Leela Palace Hotel : absolutely amazing and in my view the best hotel where I ever had stayed in New Delhi. The concierge was so helpful and I had very nice drivers during my stay ! I loved very much the restaurants Le Cirque and Megu : great food and great service especially by Sanjay , my favorite waiter in Megu restaurant. He took so well care of me that I will always remember my great lunches and dinners in New Delhi. And thank you so much for the wonderful chocolate cake the day I had to leave ! I was very touched and I will return next Year.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your glowing comments on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read the kind review and thank you for commending our Concierge service, the chauffeurs and your experience at Le Cirque and MEGU, especially Sanjay.

We look forward to see you soon again.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at the leela palace from Jan 5th to Jan 10th.
We originally had booked for ITC Maurya but the suit ( ITC one ) failed to impress us. The management over there was gracious enough to let us walk out without penalty.
I called The Leela palace and explained our situation. They invited us to check out their property
Upon entering the hotel, we were warmly greeted by Varsha. She showed us various options regarding all available suits.
We choose to to go with a family suit.
The hotel is just fabulous. We have stayed in many 5 stars in many parts of the world, including Taj Palace in Mumbai but we found the details over at The Leela just unmatched.
The suit came with lounge excess. This lounge is not ordinary one. You actually can order almost any kind of drink and snack at any time ( alcohol served only between 6 to 8 PM ) and they will make it for you.
The best part of the stay was the staff. I am not sure how they train them but they sure are doing outstanding job. Word " no " is not in their dictionary. We had breakfast all 5 days at " the cube ". Again beyond your expectation.
Even though we have not stayed in Taj at Delhi, I would say it would be very difficult to beat the standards of The Leela. Please do not get confused between ITC Maurya and The Leela( as we did ). The Leela beats ITC by far, especially regarding the room choices.
At the end of our stay, they let us check out late ( 8 PM ) without extra charge and provided 7 series BMW for air port.
Will surely be back some day if we visit Delhi again in future but certainly will be exploring other Leela facilities in India for sure meanwhile.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and the very kind endorsement of our features and accommodations. I am pleased to read your appreciation of our menu offerings and that you got a chance to experience our exclusive BMW transfer.

We are delighted to read that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you and your family at the many other beautifully appointed Leela properties we have and look forward to welcoming you and your family as our guests soon again.