“International Luxury”

Ranked #1 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Winchester, United Kingdom
“International Luxury”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is a modern hotel that meets every expectation of an international luxury property. It is situated in a relatively quiet area so a taxi is necessary to get out to other parts of Delhi.

On arrival we were greated warmly and taken to our room to check in. The public areas of the hotel are truly stunning with mirrors, flowers and sumptuous furnishings creating a sense of total luxury. Our room was extremely well furnished and very comfortable: the overall standard of finishing was much higher than anything we had experienced anywhere else in India.

The hotel grounds are small so the roof top swimming pool and surrounding deck provides a much needed feeling of space. Service was to a very high standard throughout the hotel.

We were busy touring so only managed to eat in the coffee shop however the food and servcie were of a very high standard.

This hotel delivers everything one would expect from a deluxe international luxury hotel. Why therefore do they need to charge an inconsequential fee for Wi-Fi access!

Room Tip: Even the basic rooms are extremely good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi. It is heartening to see your appreciation for the hotel’s design & décor and I am glad you got the time to enjoy the panoramic views over New Delhi from our rooftop pool. Thank you for the highly motivating feedback on our services and I truly hope you get a chance to enjoy our award-winning spa and the other stellar outdoor terraces of The Library bar and Japanese restaurant, MEGU on your next visit. You may also be pleased to know that we are in the midst of launching a new Wi Fi plan soon. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

With warmest regards,
Louis Sailer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dehradun, India
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The moment you enter the hotel you knowyou hv arrived.Truly affectionate and warm welcome.the rooms are simply awesume and fully loaded.The location is the added advantage...The restaurant s are amazing with wide variety of food.Early breakfast was arranged on special request as we had to catch a morning flight.staff is very helpful and friendly. ..must stay if u want to be pampered and feel special.

• Stayed April 2013
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi. I am so pleased to know that our centralised location & services met with your expectations. I am grateful for your wonderful compliments on our hotel features and the team and that the early breakfast was well received. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This place did not disappoint! Truly exceptional! The service was first rate, the room was stunning, the treatments at the spa were fantastic, and, best of all was the food! Amazing breakfast of anything you can imagine was included. The Japanese restaurant was worthy of all it's awards as it was phenomenal, I wanted to eat everything! The Indian restaurant set a new high in standards and was the best Indian food I have had in 2 trips to India.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review and comments. I am delighted to know that your experience at MEGU and Jamavar was to your expectations. You will be pleased to know that our spa has recently been awarded as the Favorite spa in India by Condé Nast India Readers’ Travel Awards 2013 and I hope to welcome yo back for many more visits to The Leela Palace New Delhi.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in New Delhi and my stay at Leela Palace was nearly the best. Smooth airport pickup, lobby filled with gorgeous and fragrant flower arrangements, check-in in my room, absolutely "old world charm" in a hotel that is just a few years old. Had a midnight salad and pizza in the Cube and I must admit that the pizza was so good that I was surprised. Morning breakfast was very sumptuous and very tasty. I had morning meetings and returned at noon. As I had not worked out in the morning I was told that they would give me a late checkout. The Fitness and Spa is absolutely wonderful. In all it was well worth staying at the Leela Palace and I will stay there again. The cordial smiles and relaxed posh nature was welcome. Also, my bathroom was a palace in it's self .. and all the lighting in the rooms are all "touch sensor control."

Room Tip: Can't give a tip ... I'd think they would all be excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sean1951
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to look after you during you recent stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi. I am so pleased to read your glowing review and will be happy to share your kind appreciation with our team and our pizza chef, who takes great pride in his work. Thank you for your comments regarding the Food & Beverage service at The Qube and your experience at our Spa. We look very much forward to welcoming you back at The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I've never been to any hotel that made me feel so classy and like a sir. Breakfast spread was super awesome and room was well kept with high tech stuff which made me want to be a perm guest there. Great job guys. I will definitely come and visit whenever I go to New Delhi. Just that it's a bit on the pricier side but other that that I felt pretty awesome staying there.

Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review of The Leela Palace New Delhi and I am very pleased to know that your experience of our services met with your expectations. We hope to welcome you soon again and please visit The Leela website, where you can always find a wide selection of great offers and special packages.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

This Leela in Dehli is a nice and safe place to stay. Perfect service/ rooms and good restaurants. The breakfast buffet at Cube is rich and tasty. Only the coffee need some improvements... Unfortunately the hotel is quite far away from everything interesting but so and a driver/ guide is required to go around. I can recommend this hotel!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sebaksebak
Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and your kind comments. It is very encouraging to see your appreciation of our breakfast selection at The Qube and please be assured that we seek continuous improvement in our services and products. Our dedicated team of concierges and drivers will be more than happy to assist with any guided tours of Delhi and beyond. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you soon again.

General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Anyone traveling through India knows there is a huge difference between 4 star and 5 star hotels, let alone the other stars. This hotel could be rated 6 stars. The hotel is of course beautiful and run exceptionally well but it's the feeling you get when you are there that made it for us. The staff made one mistake the whole time we were there and they corrected it well beyond what any other hotel would have done. We travel internationally a lot for both business and pleasure and we have to tell everyone this is the hotel you want to stay at in Delhi, period.

Room Tip: Every room that we and our friends had were great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank STEVEFROMCHICAGO-82
My team and I are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience at The Leela Palace New Delhi and thank you for your kind endorsement on our facilities and services. I am glad we could correct our mistake in a satisfactory manner and hope to welcome you back soon.