“supper”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Leela Palace in delhi bet condition rooms & bet service in india.. i stayed on this December. supper workers & experience server have it. my friend also talk about your hotel. very nice & very clean hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi. We are very grateful for your appreciation of our guest rooms and your kind endorsement on our staff services.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,
Louis Sailer

Write a ReviewReviews (3,032)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just returned home from a 7 night stay at the leela palace in delhi. Visited with my wife, mother and daughter and had a junior suite interconnected with a grand deluxe room.

The hotel itself is beautiful and located in the best area of delhi near to all the embassies and 30 mins drive from the airport. Facilities are world class with 3 great restaurants (international, Japanese/lounge bar and indian food), a real "days of the raj" library bar, an ESPA spa, fantastic gym with personal trainer on site and an amazing infinity pool on the 11th floor looking over the whole of the city yet feeling a world away from the noise and pollution that are unfortunate realities of 21st century India.

The rooms themselves are very good without being amazing in terms of decor but the bathrooms/shower and the beds are first class.

Having stayed at many luxury hotels around the world the thing I feel that sets the leela apart from most is the service. Not only is it utterly professional it is also personal. The staff go that extra mile to make you feel that they care. Previously I have only seen similar standards at the Bristol in Paris and the four seasons in New York (and possibly the trump tower in Chicago). Every 5 star hotel will do things if you ask but very few go to the next level to actually anticipate what you may want and ask you before you ask them. The leela is one of these.

If I had any negatives they would be;

1. The room square footage descriptions on the website are slightly flattering. The grand deluxe room is quoted at 500 odd sq foot and it more like high 300's/low 400 sq foot. Again the junior suite is quoted at around 700-800 sq foot and is probably 100 sq foot shy of this.

2. If the hotel does make an error (they didn't give me interconnecting rooms on the first day even though it was all confirmed a month previously and again 2 days before we arrived) they are not forthcoming to offer some some sort of compensation - ie complimentary lunch or dinner or airport transfer - unless you ask for it. To be fair when I did ask for something they gave it to me but in my opinion a hotel of this class shouldn't be that cheap when they are at fault.

3. None of the rooms have a balcony. To be fair delhi isn't a particularly picturesque landscape and the traffic noise is terrible so I can understand this decision but as a smoker who doesn't want to stay in a smelly smoking room it was a pain to have to go down to the ground floor every time I wanted a smoke!

4. There are no grounds to speak of. Other hotels in delhi have a good amount of outside space if you want to go for a stroll etc...the leela has none apart from a small manicured garden at the rear of the property (you can't walk on the grass though!). But having said that Nehru park is just next to the hotel and is very popular with well to do locals for a morning jog or an evening stroll.

But I am really being fussy with these complaints in an effort to appear balanced. In reality I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know and I for one will not stay anywhere else when I visit delhi again. The imperial, the Oberon and the taj have nothing on this place!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yannis20
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you very much for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and for sharing the review of your visit. I am delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed the experience with us and we thank you for recognizing the service efforts of our staff. Reading your review in detail, I am sorry that we didn’t manage to assign the interconnecting rooms as per your pre-booked request. Please be assured that we are reviewing what could have gone wrong and will make immediate corrections. Your kind appreciation of the hotel is greatly appreciated and we would like to thank you for your kind endorsement of our spa, gymnasium, F&B outlets and the rooftop temperature-controlled swimming pool.

We sincerely hope to welcome you and your family back to The Leela Palace New Delhi in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

What a lovely stay at the Leela. By far one of the most beautiful and luxurious hotels we ever stayed at. Very good service overall although the breakfast service could be improved. Immaculately clean and comfortable rooms. We liked the fact that it was children friendly and the food was just amazing! Really a great place to stay for a city trip. Truly a piece of heaven!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank azraa14

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments on The Leela Palace New Delhi. I am delighted to know that you & your family enjoyed the stay with us. We are grateful for your kind recognition of the overall design & décor of the hotel and guest service. It is our constant endeavor to deliver the highest standards of guest experience and we certainly have taken your comments about breakfast very seriously.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to us soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed @ Leela recently on a business trip. This was my repeat stay. While Leela retained its hallowed overall charm, I felt there were some slips here and there especially in terms of nuanced quality of service ( anticipating your need vs responding to it ). My experience in Jamavar ( Indian restaurant ) was below average. Leela charges an arm and a leg for its food and they better live upto their price tag. Megu still has its old charm and impreses. Service in Qube was iffy and varied between being good to indifferent. I think its time Leela sends its staffers for a refresher course in service management !

Room Tip: Rooms towards the front of the hotel have a nicer view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
SailerLouis, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and comments. While I am happy that you enjoyed your dining experience at MEGU, I am very sorry that the services at The Qube and Jamavar did not live up to your expectations. You may be pleased to know that I have been recently appointed to helm the team at The Leela Palace New Delhi and the continuous service improvement is very high on our agenda. I hope to get a chance to meet you on your next visit to our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel has it all. Extremely well appointed with everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel; great staff, the biggest spread at breakfast I think I've ever seen, fantastic room with luxurious bathroom, decor fantastic. The Qube restaurant is also very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at The Leela Palace New Delhi and your kind appreciation of the hotel and guestrooms. We highly appreciate your kind comments on breakfast and the service at The Qube thank you for that.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace New Delhi soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

What can I say? It IS truly a 5 star hotel. The rooms were gorgeous and spacious: we stayed in the single lady wing, myself and my 2 daughters. Completely safe, guards everywhere. Decor- wow, just wow. Our bathroom... the kids still talk about it. Morning breakfast was plentiful with an incredible variety.
The whole place is just perfect. Try the spa- you will not forget the experience! It's not that expensive but absolutely wonderful and luxurious.
Anyway, if you want luxury, opulence and impeccable service, stay at the Leela!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank OlgaKNj

Thank you for choosing The Leela Palace New Delhi and we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us. I was so pleased to read your appreciation for the hotel design & décor, from the guestrooms to the public areas, cuisine at The Qube and especially your experience at our spa by ESPA, London, that has recently been voted as the best hotel spa in India by the readers of Condé Nast Traveller India, 2013. We are grateful for your kind endorsement and hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Leela New Delhi is an extremely luxurious property with fantastic amenities. The rooms are beautiful with a very luscious bathroom with a TV in the wall. You arrive in sheer style as you are offered your rose petal and beads wear round your neck. You definitely know you are in India!!!

The breakfast was very good with a wide selection and the food i ate at the Qube restaurant was appetising. The Spa was fantastic however, the hotel needed a hairdresser.

On the other side of the coin the service and the efficiency of the concierge and reception were a lot to be desired and better training and communication is certainly needed. You may be in a palace but at least be served like a King!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind review and comments. We are grateful for your appreciation on the overall quality and facilities including our traditional Indian welcome on arrival. My apologies for your less than perfect experience at the concierge and reception, I would like to assure that our team is disheartened for not fully living up to our service promise and will do their utmost to improve upon any imperfections we may have. You may be pleased to know that a beautiful space for the hairdressing saloon has been already identified and is planned for next year. Thank you for choosing to stay at The Leela Palace New Delhi and we certainly hope to welcoming you again.