“Polished to perfection”

Ranked #1 of 707 Hotels in New Delhi
Timmins, Canada
“Polished to perfection”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We recently came back from a two-week trip to India with our two young children - ages 3 and 8. This was our first trip to India, and we visited Mumbai (we stayed at the The Oberoi Mumbai), Hyderabad (Le Taj Falaknuma), Agra (The Oberoi Amarvilas), Jaipur (The Fairmont), Jodhpur (Raas Haveli) and Delhi (The Leela Palace).

Of all the hotels we stayed at, I must say The Leela in Delhi was definitely the most polished and luxurious. Every single detail seems to be taken care of, it is really very difficult to explain why this place feels so sleek, but it most certainly does. The rooms are just as beautiful and perfect as the lobby, with chocolates and cookies being left as part of the turndown service, a spectacular bathroom, and enough room to accommodate both our kids in the room with us.

The rooftop pool is heated and as impressive as everything else at the Leela.

Unfortunately, travelling with kids, we were not able to enjoy the different restaurants. We only dined at the Qube, which was good, but not really mind blowing. The service seemed to be lacking, with our waiter constantly forgetting to bring things we asked for (extra bread, more juice, etc). Of our whole experience at the Leela, the Qube seems to be the least memorable.

The hotel arranged all our sight seeing and shopping; their recommendations, drivers and car fleet were impeccable.

Overall, we have nothing bad to say about the Leela- it is absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bringing_the_kids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Arrived here from 3 nights at their sister property in Udaipur which was breathtaking therefore had very very high expectations, especially considering that the prices are by far the highest in Delhi. From the moment you walk into the gorgeous and classy lobby, you know you are in for a treat. The beautiful flowers, the amazing musicians on the second floor playing romantic and melodious music, the smile on every staffs face..

check in was done in the room very smoothly (more top hotels should do this). Room wasn't as AMAZING as I expected it to be but it had everything needed, it was still absolutely gorgeous, very classy furnishing with all the modern equipments you'd expect at the same time including super fast wifi. Great bathroom, great shower too. We were on the royal club and their lounge was also fantastic. Good selection of food and snacks served throughout the day (Have had better experiences elsewhere foodwise) with the greatest possible service in the world.

Food in general in this hotel is fantastic. We ate at all the restaurants, Megu was as good if not better than the one in downtown NYC, possibly the best japanese food I'd ever eaten however the prices are quite shocking, you're paying possibly 30 percent more than what you pay in new york in DELHI! still worth visiting once, Le Cirque was also fantastic, the tableside pasta is incredible make sure you go and try it. Breakfast downstairs was also one of the best I'd ever seen having travelled all around the world, fantastic spa as well, huge and good treatments but what really seperates this property from the rest is the service. As good as what we had in Udaipur. Hats off to the GM and the Chairman who've done a brilliant job. Thank you Leela!

Room Tip: Royal club, worth the price difference.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank salarvafa
Ludhiana
Reviewed March 12, 2013

There are glorious arrangements of exotic flowers in striking colors, nestled in glass vases sitting atop beveled mirror boxes, which in turn are placed on majestic stone and glass consoles. The ambiance in the lobby screams opulence in a feel good way!

And our room overlooked the lovely landscaped gardens, which were a riot of colors as it is spring time now. And as night rolled in, the gigantic marble Buddha statue in the garden was illuminated and added greatly to the general atmosphere. I especially found the washroom to be very luxurious, with its spa tub, separate shower area and an in-built TV screen on the mirror facing the tub. A nice bubble-bath, a bubbly in your hand, and your favorite movie! Pure fun!

Breakfast buffet was also up to the mark, as good as any you'll have.

And I loved the fact that there was free Wi-Fi access for hotel guests at all times during their stay!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NomitaKhanna
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

What can I say? If you want luxury and unequalled service then this is the place. I could not find a single fault with this hotel. The food in The Qube and Jamavar was excellent. I didn't sample the other restaurants but I'm sure they are just as good. Every single member of staff made me feel like royalty and could not do enough for me. I will definitely be staying at The Leela chain again. Thanks Leela for a fantastic stay in Delhi.

Room Tip: I would imagine that any room you stay at here will be fabulous.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank holmesjames
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We checked into the Leela Palace for a few days during a recent relocation trip to New Delhi. It was the perfect respite in the midst of a really busy, overwhelming week. From the minute we checked in we felt pampered. Staff were lovely, friendly, and eager to help in any way possible. The infinity pool on the rooftop was heated and so relaxing; we had the place practically to ourselves. Expensive but price reflects the high quality as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MamaRTW
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We probably had one of the best holidays in India at the Leela Palace last year in June. It was a great week for us to unwind ourselves. Excellent service and very courteous staff. We would definitely be looking to return back to the hotel sometime soon to have the experience again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RibuKurien
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recently stayed at the Leela Palace for 4 nights. The service was impeccable, the ambiance of the hotel reeks luxury and the staff were polite, intuitive and extremely helpful every step of the way. I lost my wallet during my trip there and the staff scoured and uprooted the hotel in order to find it, and when they did, they placed in my safe and made sure I was made aware asap. The floor butler Gourav and the housekeeper Hitesh made the stay very comfortable.

Although, I have one complain. "Extreme service" - During my meal at The Qube, I felt as though I was being stalked; a member of the service staff approached every 3 minutes. Furthermore, the housekeeping staff relentlessly rang the doorbell at least 5-6 times in a day to see if I need anything, if they can turn down the room etc. etc. I know I should turn on the DND sign, but I suffered the service wrath of not doing so.

Note: Unnecessarily expensive.