“Great Hotel”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our initial experience/interaction with the Leela was their central reservations department, who I have to say thoroughly let down a deserved 5 star hotel. They were slow to respond and when they did made several mistakes, including charging the wrong amount to my credit card (I paid up front), this was subsequently resolved and offered as a credit on the room. When we then arrived at the hotel we were told the room hadn't been paid for let alone had a credit against it. At this point the great service that we saw throughout our stay kicked in, the duty Manager came to see us personally in our room, everything was resolved and she was incredibly apologetic, we later received a card and some cakes as a gift, which was lovely.

The hotel is stunning, with an incredible infinity pool on the roof (which we had to ourselves) a lovely bar with great bartender Jerusa and when we stayed the most amazing life size gingerbread house (it took 2 days to construct). Even the basic rooms at the Leela Palace are stunning, incredibly ornate, TV in the bath, masses of wardrobe space, wonderful chocolates replenished daily.

My only slight criticism was the cost of food and drink, I appreciate this is a 5* star hotel, but we found the drinks and food expensive in comparison to similar standard hotels such as the Amarvilas in Agra or the Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur. However, on the flip side the room cost in comparison to the quality and size of room was great.

Finally, we were really struggling to decide whether to stay here or at The Imperial (which we did stay at for 1 night at the end of our stay). Without doubt I would recommend the Leela over the Imperial even with Ukrainian President staying at the same time as us the staff at the Leela were incredibly attentive - just make sure you book online not through central reservations!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dentonsdestinations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I was camping around India so imagine when I finish off my trip with a night t the leela, we were celebrating me and my husband a special event, we're newly married and we were greeted at the door with flower bouquet, and a Cake in the room, we loved the room it's elegant antique style which I usually don't like but that was amaaaazing the bathroom heated was amazing, the screen in the mirror of bathroom didn't work though, a problem with remote but even if it did, it was planned for a reaaaaally tall person u can't really see it lying in tub, the breakfast was great, the chocolates in room, I love details, the pillow menu, the international restaurant was great, the japanese though wasn't, the food was good but small small portions and extremely expensive like a steak plate which i craved after having no beef in india is for 150$ and doesn't even have a side dish, but overall the leela was experience was my lovely perfect goodbye from India :)

• Stayed January 2013
london
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Out of the dusty, polluted, noisy roads of Delhi..walk into a grand palatial hotel, where the service is truely 5 star. The rooms are decorated beautifully with modern touches..have a fantastic bath whilst watching footy, or go to the roof top and relax in the waters of the infinity pool overlooking Delhi. The water temperature is perfect and the skyline at night pretty..and plenty of helpful staff.

The chef, innovative.His vegetarian take on modern cuisine was superb, flavoursome and beautifully presented, the staff attentive and informative.

Only stayed for one night but very impressed and would visit again.One of the best hotels Ive stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

recently divorced from the kempenski tie, the leela palace is the hotel to see and to be seen in Delhi. beautifully decorated although slightly too goldenish for my test. rooms are big. all the modern facilities are there with a beautifully fitted tv at the bathroom. foods are really really good. staff are helpful. however, it took me 25 mins to check-in. the room rates are on the higher side. overall great place to stay at Delhi.

• Stayed December 2012
Malibu, California, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great Hotel to start off in India. Beautiful rooms, helpful staff, great food, good location. Anything you need or want is just a phone call away. 5 stars for sure. I recommend this Hotel to anyone going to New Delhi. It is very safe as they do security every time you enter the Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Trinidad
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Leela Palace will not disappoint. Beautiful building with comfortable and luxurious rooms. Bedrooms offer complimentary cookies, chocolates and a wide selection of teas.
The Qube restaurant with its views of the garden was our preferred spot for delicious breakfast and some dinners under the graceful gaze of the beautiful goddess. Le Cirque is a must for cocktails on the terrace and excellent food and service. The rooftop pool is stunning with its views and design. My therapist at ESPA was very good and the massage therapy room well appointed but the physical layout of the Spa was not awesome and did not encourage you to linger.
Exceptional is also the word for all members of staff. They were all extremely professional, warm and very accommodating.
The Leela Palace is highly recommended for a luxurious. relaxing and elegant stay in New Delhi

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sans-S0uci
KSA
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The quality of service and helpfulness of staff cannot be faulted here. The hotel is very stylishly and impressivly decorated. Breakfast was very good. Rooms are very spacious. Hotel is spotless clean. I gave it 4/5 due to problems at check in. I specifically chose a twin room when I booked through booking.com. However, when I arrived I was informed that a twin room was not available. I had to wait in the lobby for very long until I was given my key; only to find that the room has a double bed. We had to wait in the room again until we were offered an upgrade excluding tax. I believe this could have been done alot more efficiently.

All in all, I recommend staying here. You can refer to the uploaded pictures.

• Stayed December 2012