“Excellent and Inspiring”

Ranked #1 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Sydney
“Excellent and Inspiring”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend the weekend at the Leela after a busy conference in Hyderabad. From the moment you're greeted at the tour, you know that this place is special. The decor, the courtesy and friendliness of the staff and the quality of everything in the place is first class.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just got back after staying here for 10 days and this is the best place I have been lucky to stay at . Outstanding service , beds were heaven, bathrooms out of this world . Would never go on a budget in India again . Great place to ce back to after seeing all the sites and partying at night . Will be back

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank liverbird69
CT
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I won't stress much the fact that Leela Palace is opulent on every single detail, from the facade to the lobby to the corridors of the club-floor. I'll take that for granted. What really impressed me was the warmth of the staff, that consistently (and apparently genuinely) goes the extra mile to help you. Take these few examples. I arrived at 3 A.M. but had a booking only for the following night (that is, I should be checking-in at 2 P.M. later that day). Seamlessly they were able to accommodate me and I was in the room about 5 minutes after I entered the lobby. In fact, I signed the check-in papers already in my room. On that same day at lunch my waiter went himself to the buffet and filled my plate with portions of different Indian dishes, then patiently explained me the etiquette on eating them. That was the same with desert! Mind you that being 39, from Brazil, wearing jeans and sneakers, I probably don't look like at all the typical habitué of a 5-star hotel...
And yes, the food was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CJ0518
Gypsum, Colorado
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My partner and I have just spent three nights at the Leela Palace, and I certainly can wholeheartedly recommend it as the Super Five Star property they aspire to be! Check in is quick and very courteous, featuring an introduction to the floor butler and a complete explanation of the room's many amenities. Breakfast, included in the room rate, is a superb mix of buffet and food cooked to order. The rooms themselves are spacious, immaculate, very comfortable, and quiet. The concierge team, led by Mr. Varun Mehta, goes way out of its way to be helpful and informative - they provide great service, on a par or better than any other five star hotel we have ever stayed at, anywhere! The rooftop infinity swimming pool, with a wonderful view of most of New Delhi, is a great sanctuary from a very busy and often noisy city. What a wonderful home base from which to experience New Delhi!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulesLandsman
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second visit to the Leela in Delhi and the first hotel I stayed at in a string of 10 on a recent business trip. After staying here it's all down hill as Leela sets the bar very high when it comes to luxury hotels. It is extremely hard to fault anything about the service, food or environment, unless you're not a lover of opulence, which Leela has in spades. I particularly love the flowers, where no expense is spared. As I was travelling alone, I appreciated the service and pleasant conversation offered by the team at Le Cirque, the 10th floor Italian restaurant. The food here is also excellent, and I will remember an amazing carrot and cardammon souffle for a long time to come.

During my stay there appeared to be a political summit happening with a Head of State staying at the hotel. This did cause an increase in security and involved guests having to use an alternative entrance. The staff handled this with their normal good grace, but the only drawback was the security guards in the hotel corridors who continued nosiy conversations through the night. As this was clearly a one-off I did not complain and managed to sleep through.

The hotel's location is reasonable for visiting most of the sights, and the Lodi gardens are very near by taxi. I'd also recommend the shopping in Hauz Khas village.

Despite the minor hiccup it would take a lot to disuade me from staying here again and again. Highly recommended for business or for pleasure - It really would be hard to go wrong with the Leela.

Room Tip: Even the standard rooms at the Leela are large, brilliantly appointed and fit for a king, so you can...
1 Thank DanBCooper
Virginia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just got back from a week in Delhi. We stayed on the Royal Club level at the Leela Palace, and we can't say enough good things about the experience. The hotel staff consistently exceeded our expectations, and treated us like family the entire week. The room was great, the food excellent, staff was always ready to assist us. The Royal Club benefits gave excellent value. Every detail was executed in a superb fashion, from an early morning welcome to the surprise birthday cake, card, and champagne from the staff for our daughter. The staff was happy to recommend things to see and places to eat across the city. There was no heavy sell for the hotel restaurants, however we found them to be very good, if a bit pricey. All in all, we had an fantastic stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the Royal Club level rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've stayed in 5 stars in many parts of the world but this had the best service I've ever experienced. Truly top class, nothing overlooked, every need fulfilled. I've never been treated so well. Each floor has a butler there to help with your every request. I was at the rooftop pool reading emails on my phone while lying down, slightly lifting my head, and the pool guy comes over and puts a rolled-up towel behind my neck without asking. Ridiculous. So nice. I also had a good bottle of wine to take back with me and asked for bubble wrap. After returning from a meeting the bottle was perfectly wrapped and ready to go. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank TravelingMahesh