“Opulent and Luxury in all means”

The Leela Palace New Delhi
Ranked #1 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed at the Leela during their soft launch in April for 2 nights and I absolutely fell in love with this property straight away.

Airport pick up went smoothly and we were at the hotel in around 40 mins and we were given room check in and were wisked away straight to our room.

The first thing that stands out is the opulence in the hotel and they have not left anything for granted. All the way from the grand foyeur to the details they have shown all the way through the corridor and the rest of the area within the hotel is astonishing. The painting lined up all along in the hotel itself gives it a big lift.

We stayed at the standard room which is probably one of the biggest I seen in a city hotel. It was spacious with a good king sized bed, good sized/well equiped work desk and all the new gadgets you would expect in a new hotel. The iPhone remote that covers all the tv controls was a brilliant gadget and a very handy one as well.

The main feature of the room that I really liked was the bathroom, again very opulent bathroom with his/her side, seperate shower/bathroom and a big sized bath.

Service at the hotel was brilliant from the personal butler to the staff around the hotel. We tried the hotel restaurant/bar and the staff was friendly and always there when you need them. When we stayed the hotel was in still in soft launch and you can still see some of the works being completed, but that didnt hinder our stay much.

We tried the spa and it was probably one of the best city hotel spa's I have visited, very spacious with a good mixture of treatments and the maseurs were very well trained. Overall had a brilliant 2 hr treatment.

Overall our stay at the Leela was brilliant, great new hotel that is quiet brilliant and makes it a great Leela addition.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank global_traveller112

Reviewed June 26, 2011

The hotel is truly built in a Grand style, lovely decorations, flower arrangenments, candle set ups, lawn and the statue. I tried the Inida restaurant and the Food and Service were just perfect. Very well done. It looks like you are in a palace eating like a King. Expensive considering India standards but worth a visit for sure. The Bar has very nice ed colour in the style and is a very cozy bar with a elegant set up.

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the back gardern
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GeorgeMail
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This is without doubt one of the finest hotels I have stayed in, I'm really struggling to think of any faults. The twin room we booked was huge, tasetefully designed and well equipped with all the latest technology (ipod touch, TV in the bath etc.). The bathroom could have easily housed a family of 4. Very impressive for what is an 'entry level' room. A few of the restaurants are not open yet, but the breakfasts and lunch I had at Qube were of high quality. If you stay make sure you book into the spa, it really is something else. The quality of the hotel is reflected in the staff, everyone I encountered were extremely helpful and polite and they seem genuinely happy to be there. I also stayed at the Taj Palace in Mumbai during this trip and it really doesn't compare to the Leela. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Delhi

Room Tip: There aren't any bad rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank momo82
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed at the spanking new Leela Palace hotel in the capitals diplomatic enclave. Being a new hotel, the facilities, fixtures and decor are very very good. The over all ambiance is royal, consistent with that of the Leela Bangalore.

However, the hotel needs to spruce up its services. When I checked in, the bellde sk department took considerable time in locating their trolley. ANyway, I was okay as long as I wasnt asked to drag it myself. The receptionist was charming, courtous and professional but fumbled while taking the check-in and looked dis-organized. Once the check-in got over, I was escorted to my room, but no features were explained. Anyway, its not difficult for a business traveller to figure out a hotel room.

During the dinner in the hotel's coffee shop, the waiter fumbled disastrously with the wine menu. Even the basics were not clear. Someone intelligent had him removed from my table, but the supervisor wasn't of too much help either. I was finally rescued by the in-house sommelier who did a fab job and put me in comfort. One reason why I chose to dine at the coffee shop were the exhorbitant prices in the Indian restaurant. I wonder why it isnt called Jamavar 1200, since most of the dishes had this crazy figure in front of them.

Regardless, when I asked the server for the ice cream flavours available, he quipped ' let me check sir... and I'll come back to you'..... and it took him a while to come back. It could have been my imagination, but I scratched myself when I noticed a food tit bits on the corner of his mouth when he came back. The restaurant was busy, and to be able to have a small bite in a busy restaurant seemed laudable for him!!.. the food however, was good and very filling and appetizing.

Overall experience was decent but the services definitely need to be improved.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank CandiceJohanssen
Tamir_Kobrin, General Manager at The Leela Palace New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. It is most unfortunate that you have had such experiences, particularly, as we pride ourselves in the excellence and consistent service that we offer to our guests. We truly hope you will visit us again and provide us with the opportunity to improve in those areas you indicated. The team will learn from your feedback and ensure improved performance in the weeks and months to come.

Tamir Kobrin

Reviewed June 3, 2011

If your budget permits, the new Leela Palace is the place to stay in Delhi. I paid about $367 per night for four nights for a "business package" that included airport transfers (in a new BMW 5 series), daily breakfast, and Wi-Fi internet. The hotel is located in the diplomatic quarter, and, because it is so new, one has to be careful in telling taxi drivers to go to this one and not the Leela in Gurgaon. There didn't seem to be much in the way of sights right around the hotel, but it is close to the airport and only Rs. 100 by motorized rickshaw to Connaught Place in the center of Delhi. Hotel taxis are available, but they are far too expensive unless you insist on traveling in luxury everywhere. The room was well-light with logical light switches and enough electrical outlets, and a great bathroom with separate tub and shower. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, and the large, flat-screen TV was easy to operate. Wi-Fi internet was fast and reliable. Staff went out of their way to be helpful, although the newness of the staff was evident on a few occasions when some were hesitant in their giving of information. The pool was closed during my stay, but the gym, spa, sauna, steam, etc. were open and all excellent. Breakfast was outstanding, in a glassy, high-ceilinged breakfast room and the option of eating outside. The bar was also lovely with a good selection of drinks (but not of food). It's convenient to the airport, too. Overall, first class all the way around.

Room Tip: all rooms r good but Executive Suite is wat i like
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Middle_East_Explorer
Reviewed May 25, 2011

A truly magestic hotel. The beautiful intricate artifacts shipped in from Jaipur positioned beautifully around the hotel grounds took your breath away. The countless fresh exotic flowers framing the vases about the hotel made you feel as if you were in a paradise oasis. Every attention to detail has been thought out with consideration in this exclusive palace. Having stayed in some of the best hotels in London and around the world. This is hard to beat. The rooms were opulent. Our room overlooked Delhi city. What more could we ask for. Comfortable beds. Ornate furniture, and spectacular bathroom. The staff were very attentive. Welcoming and friendly. Our driver Mr Sidju who was a wealth of knowledge. Who conquered Delhi streets with all the expertise of a Rolls Royce chauffer. The concierge Mr Karan made sure our every request was met with the minimum of fuss. Our two young daughters enjoyed the solitary budda head in the vicinity of the gardens. Many a morning was spent running around it. The key to every success is constituency and maintaining the highest level of service to your guest. You managed this when we were there. Just keep it up. We no doubt will be back next year.
Mrs Sheila Voralia