“An okay hotel...”

Ranked #31 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“An okay hotel...”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a night with my family in September 2011. We were given rooms on the ground floor which was good because we had elderly people amongst us. The hotel is clean. The rooms are big, the air-conditioning was good, the toilets were also pretty good. The only concern we had was that we had requested for two double rooms and asked for an extra bed in one of the rooms. This was requested at the time of making the reservation (with our travel coordinator). They provided us a mattress which was placed on the ground!! Not something we really expected, because when we generally ask for an extra bed, it is exactly that - an extra bed! The staff were also kinda okay... they could be a little more courteous and pay attention to their guests! In all, this is a place I would recommend to others, and probably stay in, if I am to visit Delhi again!

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor have instant access to the stand-alone computer in the lobby that serv...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jovit250680

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my family last May 2011. The first night we were booked in 2 separate rooms on the groundfloor. Rooms are big, functioning A/C, hot showers with toiletries (wonder what;s wrong with the water: the provided shampoos didnt quite work well with our hairs! don;t know also if they cleaned the bathrooms before we occupy cause there were clumps of hairs in the drain, soggy bath mats,etc), cable TV. We experienced short moments of brownouts and the noisy (incoming/outgoing) guests in the lobby. The 2nd night (coming from Jaipur) we slept on the 3rd floor. Same observations from the above except that we were no longer disturb by the noise.
Breakfast was okay, though the cups are yellowed or not washed well.
Helpful and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: opt to stay to any rooms above the groundfloor to escape the guests noise in the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tooray
Port Louis
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for some 13 days in company of my wife. The staff were very helpful and polite.The hotel was very clean and tidy.We got hot and cold water all day .The room was fitted with AC , fan, Lcd Tv . Daily buffet breakfast was served and we enjoy it. Definitely i will again booked Rockwell plaza for my next Trip to India.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rahid1763
Sylhet
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We enjoyed enjoyed our stay in Rockwell Plaza very much.The staff were very friendly and helpful.One of the staff was able to speak Bangoli,n he helped us a lot.We highly recommend this hotel would stay here again if we come to New Delhi........

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank shahnewazazam
leeds
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I had arranged to stay three nights at the Rockwell Plaza arriving on the 14th August 2011 I had booked two rooms as there was four of us staying we had pre arranged to be picked up from the airport four adults with four cases at 550 rupees plus parking. The driver first was late by forty minutes when he arrived he looked puzzled he said we are not going to get the cases in the car. To which I replied it was all arranged the Hotel knew there was four people arriving with four cases they had sent a car no bigger then a small family saloon with no roof rack. The driver managed to flag another taxi which meant we all got split up two of the party had never visited India before so this came as a bit strange to them. When we arrived at the Hotel the first thing the staff said to me was I owe them 1100 rupees plus parking as it took two taxis to get us to the Hotels. I could not believe what I was hearing I tried everything but the chap I had arranged the whole thing with over the net just smiled and said its was 1100 (Manni) I was disgusted not to create a fuss I paid for one cab and said add the other one to the room. I also explained this was a massive error by the Hotel as I was waiting forty minutes at the Airport I spoke to the taxi rank at the airport they were happy to bring us to the Hotel for 500 rupees in a bigger taxi but I waited for the arranged Hotel car what a disaster.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank 2010Sabs
SKhandelwal, Owner at Treebo Rockwell Plaza, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Respected Guest,

We have noted the complaint for extra charge for Taxi & would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused . Rockwell family is very concerned for the comfortable & enjoyable stay of our clients & would take this opputunity to offer a free one day stay for your next visit .

Please note that all pick ups are outsourced & we have taken strict action against the agency concerned.

Thanks & regards
Shailendra Khandelwal
Director +91 9810119280
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed at the Rockwell Plaza at the weekend and really recommend it. My room was clean and comfortable, the bathroom very modern and clean. Breakfast is served as a buffet, but there's only so much you can eat in the morning! - very generously laid out, though. The staff are really helpful. There is an extensive market just outside the hotel, and the Karol Bagh metro station is a short walk away. The Rockwell Plaza is a good place to stay for engagement with Indian life while having western comfort!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Diane S
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Situated right in the middle of a not-so-luxurious shopping area, one can only dread how will the state of this hotel be by judging its surrounding.

But, to our surprise, its exterior is modern, the lobby is clean spacious and staff greeted us in a very friendly and warm manner.

Rooms are a little small, but enough. Tv is good, AC works but is noisy. shower is good but the water supply feels 'funny'. We recommend rinsing yourself with bottled water after a shower.

A good value for a B&B.

#196 of 716 in New Delhi
Treebo Conclave Riviera
#132 of 716 in New Delhi
Treebo Zion Residency
#91 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Treebo Rockwell Plaza? Share your experiences!