“Trendy”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vasant Kunj/Vasant Vihar
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a yummy breakfast of eggs and coffee here. The atmosphere is smartly designed, the staff well trained and it's pleasant to sit here for a bit. Not cheap but the food was good.

1  Thank Michelle G
Smoke House D, Manager at Smoke House Deli, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Cheer_Midge,

Glad that you had a great time at Smoke House Deli. Happy to serve you again :) Please share your contact details at drishty@impresario.in as we something special in store for you.

Thanks,

Team Smoke House Deli

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I visited this place recently with my colleagues and had a good time.
It's a great place to chill out food is average but some dishes are very tasty, I particularly enjoyed the chicken skewers and minced meat patty. Veg dishes are average.
The ambience is great for Dinner and the outdoor seating is chic.
Go there with your friends to have a cool get together.

Dear Oliver19S,

Thanks for the great feedback . We always try to give our customers the best dining experience and we're glad you and your colleagues had a good time. It will be great if you could share your contact details at drishty@impresario.in as we would like to send you something special.

Thanks,

Team Smoke House Deli

Reviewed January 16, 2014

A birthday dinner on a typical Delhi winter evening took us to DLF Promenade and landed us in front of this restaurant. The décor was soft and delicate, quite contrary to the usual loud, bold and prominent renderings. We were swept indoors, drawn by the large, well lit spaces and simple, very basic colour scheme. Being surrounded by the doodle like free hand wall detailing was a joyful experience indeed!
There was outdoor as well as indoor seating, though the cosy indoors were surely more welcoming on a winter evening. We sat down to pore over the menu and finally opted for two servings of baby fennel, smoked chicken & thyme soup, shared by four. The soup was appreciated by all of us for its heartwarming aroma and taste. Encouraged to experiment, we went for more variety in the main course, ordering one each of ras-el hanout grilled chicken, house spiced smoked chicken and peri peri grilled chicken. The fresh breads served on the side were a delight we partook of unhesitatingly. Each of the main dishes was well balanced, wholesome and filling treat. The presentation was simple and portions adequate. A single dessert serving of Tiramisu for the birthday girl was enough to round off a hearty Continental meal for a family of four.
The interiors is inviting, the service smart and efficient and the food delectable! What more can one hope for? Repeat visits for sure!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

For a dinner to celebrate our daughter's birthday, we ambled into Promenade Mall, Vasant Kunj and landed at Big Chill. But that was a Friday evening rush hour and we were told to hang around for 20-25 minutes before they could accommodate four of us. As we were idling around the mall, we located Smoke House Deli and on noting that they had empty tables, we decided to walk in.

I remembered Smoke House Deli from the rave reviews in an eatery rating with strong recommendations. We liked the muted ambiance and rightly illuminated interiors. To start with, we went for two portions of baby fennel, smoked chicken & thyme soup (Rs.225/- per portion) to be shared by four of us. The soup was well prepared and redolent with aroma of herbs. In the main course, we asked for a portion each of 'house spiced smoked chicken' (Rs.450/-), 'peri peri grilled chicken' (Rs.510/-) and 'Ras-el Hanout grilled chicken' (Rs.510/-). While the first two dishes came with a generous supply of garlic breads, the last dish was served with rice. The dishes tasted very well and were of sufficient quantities for four of us. My daughter ended her dinner with the dessert, Tiramisu (Rs.150/-).

On the overall, we were happy with our tryst with the continental food at Smoke House Deli and we would surely consider a return visit.

1  Thank Travel-travail
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Occasion - Casual dinner with friends

Food- We ordered one vegetarial pizza, pasta, a portion of scrambled eggs and a lamb burger among 3 of us. The presentation and taste of the food was quite alright however, it was less than lukewarm when it was served. The potato hash that accompanoied the eggs was cold!!! I was feeling a little under the weather and had requested for a glass of warm water which was not served almost till the end of the meal (that too after a reminder).

Service- The service was a major disappointment. The gentlemand who asissted us looked hassled. When I asked for his "opinion" about the chicken and mushroom strata as the dish sounded interesting though didn't know what it would look/ taste like; the gentleman just shrugged and said that it is what is mentioned on the menu! I was really hoping to get something more than that out of him, but failed after threee attempts. I decided to settle for scrambled eggs with sausage. Now, I requested our good ol' man to "not add bacon" and I get a quizzical look in return...I explained that I wanted the scrambled eggs only with sausage. He seemed hesitant to accommodate my request,,,therefore, I asked him if he could check with the chef and if not I would order something else. He finally conceded...yayyy one mini-victory, I say!

Overall Experience- The service really ruined the experience for me. I have visited this restaurant before and have pleasant memories of the occaions I have celebrated here. I had established my expectations based on my previous visits...when the restaurant was a lot more buzzing and busier. I don't know if this less than average service was due to turnover or the holiday spirit setting in :)

Go/ No go? - I would still give the restaurant another chance simply because I know the chefs are capable of dishing out some really good food. However, if the less than average service/ attention to detail does not improve, I would have to find a substitute...even unwillingly so :(