“Recommended for Pathetic and Deplorable Stay”

Red Fox Hotel East Delhi
Ranked #90 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Chandigarh, India
“Recommended for Pathetic and Deplorable Stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I visited RED fox hotel for 2 weeks as company accommodation. The accommodation was very unsatisfactory. This RED FOX is indeed a BAD SPOT on Lemon Tree Hospitality. The staff is very rude. They don't have talking sense, their way of handling customers is totally intolerable.

Hospitality is also not good. 2 times in my stay I was provided with already opened Mineral Water Bottle.The standard of breakfast is also poor. Some examples like cold veges in breakfast, quality of food is not good, Juices has more ice than original juice.

One good facility , they provide you the free Pick and Drop to office. But some times you have to wait for long times in office for cab. The most annoyed thing they will not send you SMS for the cab and driver details. Sometimes drivers also complained , even they don't have the number of whom they came for pickup.

For basic amenities, they have wending machine, which is lacking the basic amenities.

Room freshener which is placed in lobby of the hotel room is unbearable.

if that was not a company accommodation I would have check out on 2nd day. I wish i don't get any chance of their hospitality in future.

R's
Mohit Mehta

Room Tip: Don't even take the single room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel East Delhi, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Red Fox Hotel, East Delhi. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Hotel experience: Red Fox Hotels are economy hotels that primarily follow a self service model but with the same hospitality and friendliness that Lemon Tree is known for. We are sorry the hotel experience did not match your expectations. We have noted your observations and are relooking at our standards to understand your feedback better.
•Staff attitude: our attempt at Red Fox is to engage with all customers in a friendly and caring manner and to ensure all their requests are promptly met. Post your feedback we have re-briefed our team to follow these at all times and ensure our guests are comfortable and looked after.
•Bottled water: we are sorry the fresh mineral water bottles replaced in your room had unsealed caps. This is not our standard. We have re-briefed our housekeeping team to follow all pre-defined procedures and ensure all in-room amenities are thoroughly checked and placed in the rooms. We assure you of a better experience on your next visit.
•Breakfast experience: we are sorry you did not enjoy breakfast at our café. We are continuously working on improving the quality and experimenting with new menus, keeping in mind feedback from guests. Re juices, we assure you on the quality of the juices served, it was the use of ice that made it seem a bit diluted to you. We provide two juice options on the buffet - fresh and packaged. Our staff is careful about ensuring the right quality of fresh juices and the packaged juice offered is from one of the top brands in India.
•Cab facility: we are sorry you were not informed about the pick and drop arrangements made for you. As requested by your company, we had proactively conveyed the cab details to the booking personnel who was coordinating on your behalf. We have noted your inconvenience and are relooking at our standard process to ensure a more coordinated approach in the future.
•Vending machine: you did not find the item you were looking for in the vending machine as most daily use items like dental kits, moisturizers and lotions can be easily procured from our Front Desk by simply making a call. We would have been happy to assist you had we known your requirement.
•Lemon fragrance: we are sorry you thought the lemon fragrance in the hotel to be too strong. We have re-briefed the housekeeping staff to adjust the intensity levels and make it more comfortable for guests.

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Kaduna South, Kaduna, Nigeria
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The only place that feels like home is the comfort zone - REDFOX hotel. Redfox staffs are very friendly and homely always wanting to know how you feel........However, i would like to comment that, provision for a seating platform should be made available for guest in the hotel verander, as this will enable them to have a feel of the environment. The laundry services should be at a considerable rate so that guest who are staying beyound the period of one month can afford to pay for their laundry charges without hick-up. lastly i would like to say a big thanks to good guys -REDFOX staff; Nàsir,Preeti,deepak,anil,lalit,punit and rajesh.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel East Delhi, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Red Fox Hotel, East Delhi. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.ed@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Mumbai
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I always had a good experience but this time my check in was not that smooth and when i ordered soups, it was served cold and without any naan. It was disappointing experience this time. I have earlier stayed only at this hotel and was very much satisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel East Delhi, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

•Check–in experience: Government of India security regulations mandate that hotels must take a photocopy of each guest’s identity card each time he checks in. This is an industry standard i.e. followed by hotels across India and abroad, as well as by Lemon Tree. We are sorry you took a few extra minutes at check-in because of this as we had to wait for you to furnish your identity proof before we could allot you a room.
•Food quality: we are sorry your favorite soup was tepid and was not served as usual with the Indian bread, naan. Our ‘tandoor’ was not ready at the time of your order and thus we served it to you accompanied with a portion of garlic bread instead. Post your feedback, while we have re-briefed our food production staff to ensure food is served at ambient temperatures, it is essential that the F&B service staff detail the accompaniments of a dish when taking food orders from guests.

We thank you for choosing us for your multiple visits and look forward to your continued support. Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.ed@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The layout of the room and furnishing are very nice.
The bath area is cramped.
Food can be better.
Out-door AC unit, located just outside the window, appears not cleaned for quite a long time. The room cooling suffered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

•Bathroom size: we have designed and built our bathrooms in the most efficient layout, using smart fittings and fixtures in order to provide all conveniences a guest would typically require during his stay with us. We are sorry it did not meet your expectations. We do not have elaborate bathroom spaces. Most hotels build rooms with unutilized spaces and hence have higher room prices to get a better return on their wasteful investment. We have tried to offer guests a comfortable experience, keeping in mind our philosophy to deliver highly affordable prices and pass on the savings in the cost of building our hotels to our customers.
•Air-conditioning unit: we have noted your observation about the cleanliness around the out-door AC unit and briefed out housekeeping team about it. Since the outdoor units are not very accessible we follow a weekly cleaning schedule instead of a daily one. Our attempt at Red Fox is to ensure the hotel is crisp and clean and have laid down processes accordingly. We assure you of a better experience on your next visit.

Atlanta
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one week during my trip to India. My first stay with Lemon tree in Bangalore was one reason to choose this hotel.Great rate(<40 $ ), Good Indian food and hotel transporation to & from Noida coupled with good wireless network helped me stay productive for my business while saving on all the travel expense. I put this on my preferred hotel while visting Noida.

Kiev
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Service is quite good for 3* hotel
Room is good for 1 person, maximum 2, not for families
Advice to improvement: to have at least 2 bottles of water per day
Location: is not at the city center
Satisfied

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel East Delhi, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

•Room size: this hotel is an economy hotel built in line with international 2 to 3 star hotels. We offer rooms of two sizes, which are priced appropriately. We have another hotel in East Delhi – Lemon Tree Hotel, East Delhi Mall located just a few minutes away. This is a midscale hotel in line with an international 3 to 4 star hotel. You can directly book rooms for all 24 hotels we have across India through our website lemontreehotels.com or by calling us at +91 99 11 701 701.
•Amenities in the room: at Red Fox Hotels we offer all the amenities that a guest would typically require, while some of these are always pre-placed in the room based on occupancy, the others are available upon request. We place one bottle when the room is on single occupancy and two bottles, when on double occupancy. Additional bottles are available at a nominal charge.
•Location: the hotel, strategically located in Mayur Vihar, is a short distance away from Noida Electronic city, major BPO and ITES hubs, Anand Vihar Bus Terminal & metro station, Buddh International racing circuit, Delhi Expo Mart and Pragati Maidan. The hotel is also near many tourist attractions like Akshardham Temple and Old Fort.

Delhi
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is good at its price and service, the staff is nice especially Ashok, we talk many times and he told me many things about India. The location is a bit far to metro station, but you can reach metro station by local transport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Delhi
Pahar Ganj
Park Inn By Radisson New Delhi IP Extension
Lemon Tree Premier, City Center,...
#21 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Lemon Tree Hotel, Udyog Vihar, G...
#30 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Vall...
#25 of 233 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Red Fox Hotel East Delhi? Share your experiences!