“Really nice stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scarlette New Delhi
Ranked #25 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Really nice stay”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Really nice house and service, you feel home, but actually it's really better than home !
You will find privacy everywhere in the house but you can meet people if you want...
The house location is pretty good.

I will come back soon !

S.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Simon_from_Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed April 19, 2014

After a hectic 4-week tour in the harassing chaos of India, my wife and I stayed 2 nights at Scarlette before flying back home.

No doubt this felt like the cosiest place and the most confortable stay ever. Rooms are confy, spacious and decorated with sheer taste, just like the rest of the hotel. Basically, it's just like FEELING AT HOME back in Europe - and this makes much of a difference...
Pauline (the owner) is a young French girl with a sound knowledge of Delhi. She'll give you an abundance of off-the-beaten-track tips to make your stay in Delhi as exciting as possible.

Don't forget to enjoy a cool freshly-squeezed juice on the rooftop before calling it a day :)

Eric

Room Tip: Hard to say as all the rooms seem to be on the same standards. We stayed in Room 2, and it was just...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eric B
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've stayed 3 nights at Scarlette recently and it made the whole difference. The owner Pauline sent a driver to pick me up at the airport and I didn't expect the car to be a beautiful Ambassador, that was perfect. Then everything was easy thanks to the very helpful staff. I was there for work but felt like home and could enjoy the nice terrace and the great food. I highly recommend this place to anyone coming to Delhi, you won't regret it !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne D
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at Scarlette for a short trip from Mumbai for three nights. We are Germans with two kids and one needs a strict gluten free diet because of a Coeliac disease. So, it is always a bit complicated with traveling. The rooms are wonderful, clean and cosy. You have some luxury things, like wonderful soap and good bed-linens. The breakfast is gorgeous and in the evening we discussed with the cook and she prepared for all of us a gluten-free meal. This was very comfortable for us.
So, many thanks to the whole crew there for this nice and pleasant stay. We will come again.

Room Tip: If you are 3 people, you can take room 3. This room has two rooms, one with a double bed and one wit...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Willibrod
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at Scarlette during a work trip and absolutely loved it. Everyone there is extremely genuine and helpful. The guesthouse is in a very central area of town but the house itself is a bit difficult to find the first time since it's located in a residential neighborhood. This also makes it a quiet and lovely place to rest and relax. As a woman, traveling alone I felt absolutely safe and welcome to come and go as I pleased. Further, I really enjoyed getting to know the people who work there, especially since traveling for work for extended periods of time can be lonely. Mamta, Azim, Coco, Basanti- thank you all for a wonderful stay! Next time I'm in Delhi I know where I'll be staying!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank JessicaErinW
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

A place to stay if you're looking for personal touches and simple luxuries...
I made my booking through Agoda for Amarya Villa, but because of a booking system error, I was told there was no room available after I had put the payment through. Fortunately, I had also come across Scarlette in my search for a place to stay in New Delhi. Agoda was honorable in booking me into Scarlette at the rate I had been charged for my previous booking, even though Scarlette's tariffs were higher.
It was an utter delight staying at Scarlette, with Pauline, Azim, Mumta, Beshanti and Coco. The rooms were fresh and clean, extremely comfortable, with crisp white linen, homey yet elegant beadspreads and soft furnishings, and beautiful lighting. My room even had a spare single bedroom, also beautifully appointed in the same understated rustic chic. Everything required for a comfortable stay was provided, including heating and toiletries, reliable hot water, hair dryer, books and reading blankets. The only inadequacy was that the curtains in the room were far too sheer, and privacy at night was compromised. Breakfasts were lovely, taken in the sunroom annexed to the living room, which served as an informal guest lobby. The homey feel of the residence was carried through the furnishing of the common areas downstairs as one would a beautifully appointed home, down to candles and a library of books and magazines.
Service was impeccable, with taxis being called as required, and the hosts staying up late to welcome you home at night. Any query was promptly and properly addressed, from logistics to recommendations. Laundry service is available, and the dinner we had one of the nights we stayed was simple and excellent. Nothing here is overwrought, and that is a beautiful thing in a city where the onslaught of stimuli on the senses can be overwhelming. Scarlette is a sanctuary.
It is the sort of place you would relish staying in at on a rainy Delhi Winter's day.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sheilin T
Paris, France
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed a week at Scarlette and it's definitely the place to be in Delhi !
Well located, the guest house is very bright and decorated with a lot of taste.
Many thanks to Pauline for her welcome and the food !!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business