“Scarlette, the place to stay !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Scarlette New Delhi
Ranked #25 of 1,095 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Scarlette, the place to stay !”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed a week at Scarlette and it's definitely the place to be in Delhi !
Well located, the guest house is very bright and decorated with a lot of taste.
Many thanks to Pauline for her welcome and the food !!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sogazzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

When looking at hotels in Delhi, boutique hotels are rare, and we didn't want the large gltzy corporate hotels, with the big buffet dinners in the heart of the busy tourist districts that India seems to love. SO when I found this new little hotel via the world wide web, I thought I'd give it a go. It turned out to be the perfect "soft launch" for our first time in Delhi.

This four bedroomed guesthouse in an upmarket little southern suburb of Delhi, is about 20 minutes from all the mad, loud tourist areas (but it's easy to get cheap taxis, tuk tuk to most places including nearby trendy Haus khaus village). You can easily walk around the area with out being bothered and pestered by "new friends" who want to show you a really good mall ( this constantly happened to us around the more touristy areas of India gate and Connuaght place!).

The Scarlette has a lovely boutique hotel feel,and it's staff are very welcoming. Pauline the owner has impeccable taste and has done a brilliant job of using all the lovely Indian homewares to make a lovely relaxing environment. It often felt like we were realxing in our own lounge. There is free wifi everywhere, and a lovely little sun terrace).

The bedrooms are simply decorated, spacious, and spotless, and the bathrooms were really modern and lovely too. Pauline and Azim, are incredibly hepful, and are full of great Delhi tips and advice.

The food was lovely - not just lovely scrummy Indan food, there was also European on offer s too. Mamta the chef, is a quite a character as well as a v. skilled cook). My husband and I particularly liked the cake fo the day, and were astounded by her perfect lemon drizzle poppy seed cake. The breakfast was lovely and plentiful too.

We initially stayed three nights in total at the Scarlette hotel, and then changed our accommodation plans to stay here again for our final night in India as we loved it so much.
This was the perfect base for our time travelling around India, and when we returned from Agra, and Jaipur, it felt like we were coming "home".

I would have no hesitation recommending this place to others. If I ever return again, this is where I'll be staying.

Bravo Pauline, you ar e doing an amazing job!

PS - the hotel masseuse is brilliant - and great value.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 2 and 3, both were lovely. (Room 3 has a second room attached so perfect for fami...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rubyChicken
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Scarlette. Nothing to say but worth the price! It is quiet a drive to old and new delhi but close to a metro station and the staff helps out with taxi and a driver. Airport pickup worked well!

- lovely furnitured
- helpful and charming staff
- clean and quiet
- light and spacy

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank florianschweer
Paris, France
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed one night at Scarlette Guest house last October, and I must say that it met more than my expectations. What a delight to come back to this quiet and lovely place after a long and tiring day, full of rickshaw honking and Delhi's stree bustle!

My room was very comfortable (the bed is awesome!) and clean. The bathroom is too, and you will feel quite at home as the room is not too overloaded with unneccessary and overwhelming decoration that you find in other Indian hotels. Pauline (the very welcoming owner of this place) explained to me that it was a deliberate choice to keep things simple but great, and I felt comfortable with only a few antiques and ancient Indian photographs hanging on the wall. As the hotel is in a quiet street in a quiet neighborhood, I really had a good sleep there.

The living room is warm and friendly, the multiple windows offer a lot of brightness. That's an ideal place to start you day with a delicious breakfast served by the always-smiling staff here, and planning your day visits, picking-up a few useful tips and advices from the staff or Pauline. Tip: there is shelves full of tourist guides and books. Some of them are slightly outdated (don't worry, monuments do not move!), but you will find great guides to visit Delhi and the region.

It's great to also have a little breaktime of Delhi by enjoying the little rooftop or a café on the terrace. Best stay in Delhi so far!!! Will come back there with my friends or family without hesitation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan

I stayed 1 night for my business trip with a client,
and stayed a room which has 2 rooms and could have privacy for each other which was quite good ...

I enjoyed Pauline (owner) touch !, decoration, selection of books, flowers e.t.c... and her consideration to the guests.
Her staffs are nice, and Mamta(chef) food is also good.
Scarlette offers Continental food and also Indian food which was good for me.

The breakfast was good, and enjoyed !
The table setting is perfect ...
Also, Scarlette uses "KAMA" bath amenities which was quite good surprise ...

The location is also good, at the calm residential area.

Also, their "Ambassador" service (Indian car) is also a unique experience ...

Thanks to Pauline and her staffs !
I could enjoyed and was happy to find a new oasis in Delhi ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Delhi
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been staying in this guest house last month.
It is a bubble of comfort very well located in Delhi.
The living room is very clear and neat and you can stay here to read books on the sofa.
The breakfast is very good with quality products and the waitress is nice.

The room we stayed was quite charming, bed very comfortable and nice bathroom.
The only drawback might be in june for the room upper in the building because it might get very hot there even if the A/C is on.

I would strongly recommend it for guest who want to escape from a traditional hotel in Delhi which might be nice but formal and cold.

The owner is a nice young french girl who can give you smart advices for your stay in Delhi and in the country.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple