“Better than any 5* hotel!”
Review of Tree Tops

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tree Tops
Ranked #36 of 1,145 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Tannie and Murad are wonderful hosts! They made me feel so much at home that I always returned to Tree Tops whenever I was in Delhi. I was traveling in India for 6 weeks. I've seen wonderful places and amazing hotels but staying with Tannie and Murad was one of my best experiences!
Tannie arranged tickets to Agra, organized a driver that took me on a 4 hours Delhi city tour, she also pre-booked all my transfers to the airport. When I felt sick, she even arranged a doctors appointment and went with me. She showed me how to cook a traditional Indian meal and even took me to the Country Club on a day when I had no plans.
The house is beautifully decorated with antiques. All rooms are nice and clean.
The food is excellent and at the end I even did not dine out anymore as I preferred the dinner and conversation with them.
Hauz Khas is a nice and safe neighborhood, the metro is 2 minutes walking distance only. Airport max 30 minutes by taxi.
I can really recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We started our trip through india at Tree Tops.
The upper rooms are very nice, big and clean and the balcony/terrace is a bliss to wind down or gear up for a day on the town.
Haus Khaz village is a 20-40ir rickshaw ride away and the metro riding straight into the touristy places of delhi stops within walking distance.
Tannie and Murad are very friendly and interesting people, and although some of other reviewers complaints of classicism (towards their servants and the rest of india) and forgetfulness (towards the guests) are not entirely untrue, we also found them to be a very interesting peak into the upperclass life of new delhi; which (still) is just as much a part of india as the beggers, pelgrims and hawkers in old delhi are.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The best food i have had away from home was here, the food was simple full of taste, flavor and nutrition, the place is well maintained and tastefully done, people in love with plants will want to come again and again to this place as it full of plants and surrounded by trees or amidst trees, it is naturally lit and airy and away from any sort of pollution yet centrally located, Do take tips on cars from the famous auto expert Murad Ali co owner of the place

Room Tip: the room on the top floor are airy and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was recently in New Delhi and decided to once again stay at Tree Tops, the guesthouse owned by a hospitable and charming couple, Murad and Tannie Baig.

I was given a large, scrupulously clean room on the roof-deck, overlooking a beautiful roof garden. All the furnishings were in good condition and my room was furnished in a simple yet elegant style.

The attached bathroom was also very clean with new tiling and a good shower.

The breakfast and dinner were of excellent quality and reasonably priced too.

My hosts joined me for dinner, for all the evenings I was there and took very good care of me.
Staying at Tree Tops provides a unique experience of staying in one of Delhi’s most elegant properties at a very reasonable price.

It’s truly a hidden gem and certainly far superior to other guest-houses I inspected in the area.

I plan to stay there again on my next visit in September.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Tannie is a great host. Nearly all our family have stayed here the last few months.Our daughter Bronwyn was unwell prior to staying at Treetops in January this year and Tannie accompanied her to hospital and did not leave till she was discharged and acted as a "second mother" to her and her friends during there stay. It's.a great place, central with very good home cooking and nothing was a bother. It's. a wonderful change from the sterile hotel experience that occurs at times when your travelling.It really feels like home at Treetops and we can't thank Tannie and Mourad for the kindness and compassion they showed to our daughter when she was unwell

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed for six nights at Tree Tops and it was an excellent place to unwind and to escape what is a hectic city. The house is very tastefully furnished, the hosts - Tannie and Murad - go to great lengths to make you feel welcome, and the rooms (I stayed in two of them) are all comfortable and well provisioned. The rooms up on the terrace are particularly nice as... as you could guess from the name, they give out onto the treeline.

Tree Tops is handily located between the Hauz Khas tube stop and Hauz Khas enclave where there are numerous shops and bars (frequented by young trendy Delhi-ites). The location of the tube was particularly useful as it enables you to get in and out of town without having to contend with the traffic - and the yellow line seems to be one of the less crowded of the metro lines. You are also in walking distance to Green Park which has a number of good coffee and sweet shops and restaurants. Perhaps most importantly, the hosts were more flexible and helpful, with providing directions, ordering cabs, and looking after you in general, than a more formal hotel would be.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I spent my last 3 days in India at Tree Tops guesthouse in Delhi and it couldn't have been a better choice. Home to Tannie and Murad, this guesthouse is soaked in charm and guests are made to feel right at home. The location is great, close to Hauz Khas village, which is by far one of the nicest areas in Delhi. Its arty and bohemian with lots of good places to eat. The food is also delicious at the guesthouse and for a small sum, you can stay in for dinner. Once you arrive at Tree Tops you might just feel like staying put. It is literally a little haven away from madness of the Delhi and its the perfect place to relax, read and recharge the batteries. My bedroom opened out onto a terrace on the roof, which was covered in plants and this was the perfect spot to watch the sun go down in the evenings!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo