“Comfortable Tree Tops”
Review of Tree Tops

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tree Tops
Ranked #36 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Oslo
“Comfortable Tree Tops”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

A great place to stay when arriving or leaving Dehli. 30 min drive from airport. Great location just 2 min from new Metro Station (yellow line). Lots of plants and birdlife. Very delicious and homemade food. No point eating out. This place will give you a great homestay experience. Nice hosts. Recommendable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at treetops. Tannie and Murad immediately made me feel at home and a part of the household. As a single female traveller I was looking to stay somewhere in Delhi where it would be relaxed for my last few days and where I could spend my evening with the hosts. I was not disappointed I spent two nights in Treetops eating in both evenings with good food; good company and also had the pleasure of meeting some of Tannie and Murad's friends. If I return to Delhi I will definitely be staying here again. Thank you Tannie and Murad I really enjoyed my stay. Tannie thank you for the cookbook, Murad the articles you gave me were really interesting. I hope you are doing well and are continuing to make people's times in Delhi so easy, relaxed and enjoyable. Rachel

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is the right place where to stay if you are going to new Delhi. An oasis of peace well needed after a day in chaotic Delhi. Perfect location (3 minutes walking from Haus Khas tube station), lovely house and rooms, good food.
Fantastic and helpful hosts Tannie and Murad will make your holiday an experience into indian life!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2011

As first time travellers to India, we wanted to start our trip with a few comfortable nights away from the hustle and bussle of the busy centre. Tree Tops delivered this with a great quiet location. Transport is very easy if you use the conveniently located metro 5 mins from house, we used it often to meet with friends in central Delhi. Be prepared to spend a bit of time on it though (45 mins end to end) but It's clean, quick and cheap.

The room was clean and spacious, a good place to relax in the evening. Tannie, Murad and their staff were friendly and approachable and very attentive.

With regards to other reviews, the WiFi was weak in rooms but hosts were welcoming and we used the main computers and printing facilities to continue our journey from Delhi. We didn't consider this a weak point though, leaving internet obsession at home for now.

This is a home away from home, It's not the most brave stay we've ever made but it suited us perfectly and delivered as we hoped. If you're looking for an easy introduction to Delhi Im sure Tree Tops can deliver.

• Stayed November 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I am very happy to have found Tree Top. To start with the conclusion: it is a special place with extremely friendly people and a lot of comfort due to its cleanness and good location. For me it has been a great place of starting my life in New Delhi.

A little explanation and context:
I will be working in New Delhi for a period of 6 months and at arrival in this 'crazy' city I was looking for a relaxing place in which I could start-up my life here and find an apartement, get to know how things work etc. Tree Tops was the ideal place for this. Murad and Tannie have been of great help for me. Not only by giving tips and tricks, but also by offering me the flexibility in my period of staying (given the uncertainty of searching for an apartment).

I ended up staying three weeks at Tree Tops and had great fun. It's a small home stay where you'll have a lot of encounters with the owners. Tannie is a very sweet lady that cares a lot about your well being, she'll try to help you the best way she can. Murad is an intellectual man with great humour. If you enjoy discussing the things going on in the world over breakfast, lunch or dinner you will enjoy his company.

The location of TreeTops is good if you want to be in a more quite place outside of the crowded and noisy areas of Delhi. It's located in the south of Delhi, where you will be close to a big amount of good restaurants and facilities. A metro station is at a walk of 5-7 minutes and a high presence of rickshaws makes it a could place to commute from. (To people new in this city, due to the size and city structure you'll use a lot of rickshaw/taxi movements to get around in this city. The metro is a very clean and fast way of getting from south to centre)

Tree tops has WiFi, computers and printing facilities that are always ready to use. So during my staying I could easily work and arrange things from there. No need to go out for internet points or anything like that.

Last thing I would like to mention is the possibility of having dinner at home. I you had enough of being in the city and you would like to take it easy and stay at home for dinner, you have the possibility of eating there and you'll enjoy some good Indian home style cooking. The food you'll get is good and safe. Also safe drinking water is free and available, so you don't have to arrange any packaged water yourself.

To conclude, I had a great time in Tree Tops. I'm happy I found the place, cause it made my start in this city a lot more relaxing and convenient. I can certainly recommend it to others, especially the ones that enjoy company around and prefer a place with character above an anonymous hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Sevenoaks
Reviewed November 4, 2011

If you are looking for good value and the personal touch, this is a very good place to stay, far removed from the chaos, traffic and crowds in downtown Delhi. I recently spent four nights in Tannie and Murad's house in their top room which is spacious and has its own supply of safe, cold drinking water. The house is ideally situated, about 6 mins. walk from
Hauz Khas metro, or about 60 rupees by rickshaw!
Tannie and Murad are excellent hosts and go to unlimited lengths to ensure the comfort and well-being of their guests including advice on what to visit in Delhi and how to get there. Tannie is a wizard at organising best-price taxis! and providing tea on demand whilst Murad, a practising journalist, is a fund of information on the history and politics of India. They offer a five-star service at economy prices and if I visit Delhi again, I shall certainly stay with them.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
stockholm
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I booked the best part of 1.5 weeks at Tree Tops - half of this time I shared with a friend, and the other half I was on my own. My overall impression is mixed - and this type of accommodation may not suit everyone.

Positives - the accommodation itself was excellent for the price (considering Delhi prices). That's why I chose to stay for as long as I did. The two upstairs rooms open out onto a terrace. The value is very good for the size and type of room and it's very safe and in a good area. There is wifi, but sometimes it gets turned off, so you have to go down to the owners office and turn it back on.

Downsides - Atmostphere. My friend and I had difficulty relaxing and felt we had to be on best behaviour. It felt I was staying with strict relatives. I also felt I was tip-toeing through the house. The owners came accross to me as talking at me and telling me how things are and even corrected my table manners at one point when they thought I was about to start eating before everyone was seated. There were also a few mistakes with the bookings, whereby they thought they didnt have a room for me for a night, even after I confirmed by email. They told me they would send me to their neighbour's who also had accommodation. But I chose to book somewhere else. They also didn't call me by name or ask anything about me during the stay, besides a couple of standard questions at the start. Instead, when they did join me for breakfast, the conversation was mostly one-way about a topic such as religion or history (from the owner's writings), which again, can make it difficult to relax if you feel you are being lectured.

Some of the other reviewers mention the owner's like to 'mother' guests. This could be a great thing for some people (when I stayed there were some younger men staying, who may have loved that aspect). But for a 30-something, independant traveller who was also working, it wasn't the best fit for me and is perhaps why I didn't enjoy it as much as others.

But it's great value for Delhi if what you care about most is the standard of the rooms and the location.

Room Tip: Confirm and reconfirm again.