Tree Of Life
The Suryaa(New Delhi)
$86
$62
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bsafe residential areadriver servicequiet suburbsim cardsbed and breakfastmetro stationminute walkhot waterindian breakfastwonderful hostshome away from homeliving rooma great place to stayfirst morningsouth delhiguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I am an Indian settled in the US. I can choose from many relatives in New Delhi when i am in town but i chose to stay at the Tree of Life. These are some of the reasons.
- I can book everything over the email reliably.
-There was someone at the airport to pick me up in the middle of the night.
-While in Delhi I met with friends and family, went shopping and did my own thing, since i had a driver and a car to myself.
-The drivers are good and reliable. I felt safe as a single female traveller.
-Ash can help you plan your travels in the other parts of India.He is your human Lonely Planet Guide!
-Ashwini and his family made me feel very comfortable and took care of me when i came down with the flu.
-At the end of my travels i caught up with a few zzzzzs and was dropped at the airport.
Thanks to Ashwini, travelling in India was effortless.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank vraizada
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Tree of Life was truly an amazing guest house! As a young, single female traveller, I was very worried about my guest house - from safety to cleanliness to location. From the minute I set foot in Tree of Life, all of my worries disappeared. I was picked up on time from the airport by the pre-arranged car and driver, and I was taken to the guest house with no problems.

Once there, I was welcomed by the incredibly helpful staff (led by Krishna who always made me feel right at home throughout my time in India). Despite the late hour of arrival, I felt safe and in good hands right away. The next morning I woke up a little late for breakfast, but Krishna still readily prepared my breakfast without complaint...a pattern that continued throughout my stay!

My room and bathroom were clean, comfortable, and in excellent condition. All of the amenities were great and included in the cost of the room tariff - cable tv, wifi internet, and AC. I had access to the fridge, kitchen, dining area, living area, DVD library, etc. The guest house is also in prime location for ordering in, shopping, and going to the nearby market.

I could count on Mr. Bazaz and Krishna (and the rest of the staff) to make sure that anything I needed would be taken care of. Mr. Bazaz's Metropole car service also proved to be very reliable, and my driver (Amit) was trustworthy and kind.

At the end of my stay, I was pleased to receive a bill that had no hidden charges and was exactly what I was expecting based on my agreement with Mr. Bazaz at the start of my trip.

My 3 week stay at Tree of Life was hassle free and very comfortable - I heartily recommend this guest house to anyone looking for a place to stay in Delhi! I am looking forward to staying here again some time in the future :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I can't say enough about my time at the Tree of Life. After a couple of nightmare nights staying near the train station, Ash and his wife went above and beyond to make us feel at home at their B&B. The rooms are very reasonably priced, brand new, large, incredibly comfortable, and super quiet. Breakfast is whenever you want it, and lunches and dinners can be made upon request. Ash's family lives on the top floor of the building and you can knock on their door anytime of day for anything you might need, and Krishna, the caretaker of the B&B, can somehow hear you coming a mile away and is always at your service! Delhi can often be an overwhelming city, but with Tree of Life you know that you'll be lovingly cared for.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

If you want a welcoming place and a quiet hub to escape the Delhi bustle & hustle, look no further. The owners - Suruchi and Ashwani - will do anything within their reach to make your stay as comfortable and serene as possible.

The Tree Of Life B&B is quietly tucked away in the Saket enclave. Each of the floors has three spacious rooms with all the accommodation you'd hope to find after a long day visiting bamboozling Delhi. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - when our three year old daughter got herself a nasty head cut they immediately drove us to the nearest emergency hospital. The owners are very world-savvy and are happy to share interesting views and tips on Indian culture, politics, cuisine and beliefs. The family happens to run Delhi's acclaimed Metropole Tourist Service as well, which comes in great if you'd like to book a car with driver to see Delhi - or other Indian attractions further removed.

During our stay we happened to grow quite close to both the owners and staff, who became more than our mere hosts. They are people who we fondly remember as the best introduction to Indian hospitality we ever could have imagined.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank WHAOWter
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Few words:

I want to say, that the quality of the hotel ,I was pleasantly surprised, the quality
rooms, modern, superior to many Europeans hotels, a bed really comfortable.
a perfect bathroom.

The nice thing is the kindness of the owner of the hotel, providing valuable advices to help you organize your trip to India.

The hotel staff is impeccable, with price / quality 100% winner

I highly recommend this hotel, even with closed eyes

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business