“Great host and Concierge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tree Of Life

and 1 more site!
Tree Of Life
Ranked #5 of 1,054 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great host and Concierge”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights.The guest house is on the second floor and includes an elevator.Completely renovated large rooms.King size bed,large bathroom,nicely decorated room.The rooms have all the ammenities of a 4*hotel for the price of a B&B.NIce breakfast and community area with internet.Ashwani can plan all your touring activities.I used his car and driver service for 10 days and all my needs were provided at a very reasonable price.I visited every place i had planned to visit and i was treated to many other great attractions that i knew nothing about.SO IF YOU NEED A GREAT PRIVATE TRIP FROM SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ASHWANI IS THE GUY.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank brownfootedboobie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hartford, CT
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here only one night in early November, because of an overbooking at another bed and breakfast run by the owner's mother. We were very impressed with Tree of Life and would definitely like to return. There is a lift, which was a pleasant surprise. Spotlessly clean, with nicely decorated large bedroom. Bed was comfortable. Enjoyed the cook-to-order Indian breakfast. There was a nice view from the balcony overlooking the street in the morning. The owner/manager was very helpful to us and several other guests, providing travel advice and information. Only a five minute walk to the metro, and on a quiet residential street, it could not have been in a better location!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's nice to have a place to head back to after a hectic day in Delhi that is calm, peaceful, and quiet. This place ticks all those boxes. Ashwani, the owner/manager, is very friendly and calm, and available whenever you need him. His English is superb. We were very late for dinner one night and he and his staff were accommodating and not at all upset! Phew! Very clean and quite comfortable. It's not a luxury property and when it's full it can be a little cramped in the public areas but what do you expect for being in a B&B in a big city? It's a bit far from the major sites but public transit and rickshaws are close by and readily available. There was a bit of confusion picking us up from the train station, because the drivers said they didn't have passes to get into the railway, but when we left the railway they entered it and drove right around to leave. I suggest having a phone that works in India if arranging a transfer from a railway station to the property. Ashwani wouldn't accept a tip when we left, so be sure to tip the staff for their good work along the way. Nice selection of India-centric DVDs and documentaries in the library area.

Room Tip: They all seem nice, but 101 I think is the best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I’ve been hesitant about writing this review, because it is like I am rating a friend or a family member. Yes, the rooms are clean. The staff is fantastic, providing just the right amount of attention and leaving you alone when you need some down time. The location really isn't that far away from everything, unless you're planning on walking. It absolutely feels like an oasis from the craziness of Delhi. Some of my favorite moments were waking up early, going out onto the deck of our room, and getting a glimpse of everyday life. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else. If you’re hesitating staying here for any reason, don’t. We arrived in Delhi at the start of our month long India trip. We were three women without much traveling experience. Ashwani went out of his way to make sure we felt safe and well taken care of. I am still embarrassed at the number of times he had to come to our rescue, even after we had left his home. To say he went above and beyond is an understatement, and he always did so graciously. If you’re looking for a safe place to land, somewhere you can let your guard down, among people you can trust, this is the place. It doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Tree of Life was perfect for my solo trip to India! They were very accommodating and always on hand to help. I was recommended this through my tour company and had a lovely stay here, it was a great base for exploring Delhi. The room was nice and clean with a pleasant bathroom and English TV, a great place to relax after exploring during the day. Ashwani and his staff went out of their way to help me if I had any questions. Had a lovely breakfast every morning and with bottled water put in my room. The location of the hotel is within walking distance of the metro and to all the major sights in Delhi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I chose Tree of Life from Trip Advisor to stay for the beginning & end of my 5 week stay in India. I am so glad I did. Ashwani arranged our airport pick-up, a blessing after a long flight! A short drive & we were there! To be greeted by staff member Krishna. Great room, comfortable bed, breakfast. When I awoke from my nap, Ashwani was available to answer any queries about Delhi, trains, car hire, guided tours etc. I found him to be an intelligent & considerate man. He is helpful & respectful of his guests, without being intrusive. We were within walking distance of the Metro, which we used for the whole time we stayed. It's fast, efficient, cheap & way to get around. The tour he suggested for the next day was excellent. The blessing for me, was that the staff were unobtrusive, allowing me privacy & a place to truly relax. But, as soon as I needed something, they were available. They were excellent cooks & readily met my particular requests. I really enjoyed my stay here & will return next time I am in Delhi.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Christchurch
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were recommended by a friend to come here and we found it to be very pleasant . The owner is so helpful and his very pleasant . We were unwell at the time we came here and it was a good place to rest .Ashwani went out of his way to help us .We highly recommend this place as good value

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends