“Peaceful stay in the heart of Delhi”
Review of Tree Of Life

and 1 more site!
Tree Of Life
Ranked #4 of 1,123 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've stayed in many B&Bs throughout India and have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. After a long 15 hour flight, my husband and I were welcomed by the staff and found ourselves in a clean, spacious, and lovely room. It was extremely quiet and the bathroom was clean (the bonus was the shower which had hot water and excellent water pressure). The owner was also kind enough to book our train tickets for us. Warm service and lovely place-Tree of Life is highly recommended for a stay in Delhi!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My good friend and I hv recently taken a trip to the golden triagle of India; New Delhi was our 1st port of call. We had innitially arranged for all 5 stars accomodations through out our trips. However, we chanced upon The Tree of Life & after a quick verification with the reviews they have on Trip advisors (all good ones!), we decided to 'slump' it out on our 1st two nights in india before staying in the 5 stars hotels in the other cities as planned.

Boy were we wrong! we were anything but 'slumping' it in The Tree of Life!!

My innitial impressions of The Tree of Life was okay as building was new and the lift was a life saviour for tourists with cargo bags like myself! The rooms were spacious & clean with marble flooring. The attached bathrooms was modern & fully stocked with the basic necessity. The breakfast that was provided was bountiful & delicious- we opted for the Indian and western breakfast, all very well prepared, served with freshly cut fruits. Yummy! Secutiry of the area as well as of the building were good; my friend and I walked to the neirbouring mall 8mins walk away, after sun down, without a bad feeling of we' re-going-to-be-robbed-anytime soon at all!

My personal highlight of The of Life however isn't so much of the good quality of the room, the free wifi or any other hardwares that came with it. As with all great brands, the appeal lays not on the hardware but in the 'software'! The people who runs this place deserve all the credits!

The owner of this place is this young chap who has a lot of pride in his business and country. Apart from the very comfortable accomodation, he gives this place a soul by personally coming to greet us shortly after we've checked in.
He assisted us in our foreign exchange as on our first day of tours, we were running a little behind schedule to make a quick stop to the bank. He took our SIngapore Dollars and called in to the bank over the speaker phone to ensure we are getting the current rate. He prepared maps and suggested places we could visit/ have our meals to have a true feel of the new & old delhi. He also stocks a shelves of good reads of New Delhi & popular reads that wld make you better understand India & Indians, if tht's at all possible! =P

Overall, i'd say, staying at The Tree of Life is like staying at a well to do, young cousin. He'd show you the cool stuffs in town and yet you know you are taken care off and wld be streed away frm trouble at all times!! Highly recommended! =)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

For my first trip to India, I am travelling with a couple of friends, but due to various circumstances I was unable to join them until 5 days into the trip.

As this is my first time in India and I flew into New Delhi for only one night, I wanted to stay somewhere that had great reviews on Trip Advisor - reading through everything, I chose Tree of Life.

My flight arrived at 2.15am from SIngapore and I was very tired - Ashwani, the owner and manager of Tree of Life, arranged a car and driver to meet me and pick me up at Indira Gandhi International Airport - I was very thankful that this was the case, as I could not have coped with trying to organise my own transport at that time of the morning.

Tree of Life is a very nice home stay-style Bed & Breakfast - the entire place is pristine, the rooms very nicely appointed and incredibly clean. Great bathroom and toilet facilities, with fantastic hot showers, comfortable beds, air conditioning, wi-fi......you name it, Tree of Life has got it.

Breakfast was included in the price and the breakfasts are very good - wonderful fresh fruit, sometimes yoghurt, eggs, toast, jam - a great start to the day.

Ashwani was incredibly helpful in suggesting some activities I might do for my one day in Delhi - and spent quite a lot of time with me in the morning orienting me, telling me about the New Delhi Metro (which is fantastic and very easy to use), giving me some ideas about where is should go in my time for that day. He also sent me to a fantastic restaurant in the Old City which I really enjoyed.

Sure, Tree of Life is not in the centre of activity in Delhi, but I think that is a good thing - you can escape some of the hustle and bustle once you've done your sightseeing for the day - it is a nice quiet oasis.

It is, however, very close to an amazing historical site which highly recommend - Qutub Minar - Ashwani will tell you how to get there!!

I have no hesitation in recommending Tree of Life for a nice stay in Delhi.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had two rooms booked there for a group of five with ages ranging from 9 to 69.. The rooms are spacious, clean and aesthetically decorated. Ashwini is a great host/ inn keeper, made sure he was there to receive us as we arrived and checked in to make sure everything was ok through both days. We wanted dinner with no advance notice on our part and his staff made it happen. We also asked for a car for a 5 a.m. ride to the airport and it was there on the dot. A place I would recommend highly for its great location, comfort and attitude.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've booked the B&B because it's high mark on TripAdvisor, which is usually right. I am a solo traveler on my weekend break from long business trip in India. First of all, I got there late, since after the express train arrived from Agra, I took a LONG taxi ride from the train station. By the time I arrive at the place, it's almost midnight. There's a male staff stayed up late to check me in, which I appreciated. The room was OK for a B&B. The bathroom is nice enough. When I took a shower, I was surprised to find that there is no shampoo and conditioner at all. All they provided is 2 small bar of ordinary soap. I wasn't expecting it, and, since I have long hair that tangled easily, I didn't attempt to wash it with soup. Another thing is, the light switch is by the door, away from the bed, after turning off the light, I stumbled on the foot of the bed and bruised my knee. It got worse the next day and gave me some trouble when I climbed the tower of Jama Masjid.
The next morning, I had breakfast at 7:30. Having been to other B&Bs in US, Canada, and Mexico, I was expecting the same warm welcome and was ready to greet anyone sharing the table. However, the other people there at the time were a not-so-friendly Indian couple. The grumpy old guy barely acknowledge my existence and his wife knotted at me. I felt sorry for her. The same staff I saw the night before was there and so was a older gentleman, which I suppose is the cook. I ordered 2 sunny-side-up and said that I want the yolk to be runny. When I got the eggs, they were hard-boiled, with raw inside. I guess they misunderstood and were probably wondering why anyone would order eggs cooked like that.

After I finished my food, I sat at the table alone to finish my coffee and read the guidebook for Delhi. The staff member asked me to vacate the table to leave room for others to come. He moved my coffee to the dark corner of the living room and I moved to near the window. Oh, I told the guy that there's no shampoo, he didn't seem to mind but still went out to the store to buy 2 single packets of shampoo, no conditioner. It was nice of him but I'd rather they thought about traveler's needs first. The owner later came to talked to me and I told him my suggestions. He was gracious enough to listen. Other than him, I don't get any welcome feeling during my 10 hours of staying at the place. I could stay at a nice hotel but I choose the B&B for a certain type of feel. But, I did not get it.

Room Tip: be careful to not bump into the bedpost. And, bring your own toiletries.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Mei L
guruash, Owner at Tree Of Life, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Before I go about giving my explanation, I would like to express my sincere apologies for your not so pleasant stay.

Out of the many B&Bs in my area, I am perhaps the only one that clearly displays a map on my site which shows where we are located in the city. So if you did not properly research about it, it’s not fair blame us for the LONG ride from the station. I had offered a pickup service but you wanted to save a little money and took a taxi from the Station (which might have taken longer than usual).

There is bedside lamp with a switch right next to the bed. All you had to do was to turn it on, then move towards the door to turn off the main lights. This would have prevented the possibility of the bed corner bump. Simple.

You have not mentioned that I met you on arrival and warmly greeted you. I asked if you wanted some something to eat or drink and you replied that you’re very tired and wanted to hit the bed soon. What more can a host do at midnight to create a homey feeling, I do not know.

In the morning, I came to your floor at 7 am but had to leave thereafter for some urgent work. I admit, after that, there were some unexpected incidents and I take full blame for the breakfast order misunderstanding and there being no hair conditioner. As soon as I received your suggestions about the shampoo/conditioner that day, I had remedied that issue by ordering supplies.

You came laden with your unique set of expectations and it’s ironic for you to express your disappointment about the behaviour of your co-diners. I do not discriminate in regard to my guests and deeply value their presence for giving me a chance to be of service.

I had a group staying with me that had to reach the Airport to catch their flight. They were waiting to be served breakfast and that’s the reason why the attendant asked you to shift to the living room. Well lit and ventilated (as it faces the main street and it being 8.30 am when the sun is fully out), I fail to see how you were shown a ‘dark corner’.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I chose this B&B after reading the reviews on TA. The room and bathroom was spick and span. Its a very home feel and the staff is very helpful. Though its a little difficult to find at first, its fine if you're out for the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Tree of Life Bed & Breakfast does a wonderful job of making you feel at home in Delhi. The owners are highly professional and respectable. Excellent communications and service all around. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo