“Lovely home away from home!”
Review of Tree Of Life

and 1 more site!
Tree Of Life
Ranked #5 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Lovely home away from home!”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Beautiful room, wireless internet, computer, TV, lovely breakfast, wonderful host and staff. This was my second stay and I am delighted to have found this very special place. Gentle and soft-spoken host. Very sweet and obliging staff. Marvelous location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Austin, tx
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My wife and I just stayed here for two nights and we can say we truly enjoyed our stay in no small part to Mr. Ashwani and his staff.

The room was very clean and very nice with the amenities of a nice hotel like TV, hot water, safe, etc. The bathroom is probably even nicer than the one I have at home.

Service was friendly and helpful and spoke enough English to assist us with most things. Mr. Ashwani really helped us out by arranging for a car and driver to take us to Agra within 30 mins after finding out our train got cancelled. He also assisted us in getting a mobile for India.

Location was fairly nice. It is located very close to a pvr where you can get a mobile and or passport photos as well as food like mcdonalds and pizza hut in addition to some local fare within a few minutes walk. Also it is located within a few minutes walk of the Saket metro station which can get you pretty much anywhere, just remember to exit from when going to the tree of life. The Saket station is about 20 to 25 minutes away from the red fort and chandi chowk and new Delhi train station.

Overall a great place to stay and well worth the price if you don't mind being a bit further away from central Delhi.

• Stayed December 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2011

In August 2011, three of us (30 year old females) travelled to India from Vancouver. Having read reviews on this site, we decided to stay at Tree of Life. It turned out to be one of the best decisions of our trip. Ashwani and his staff ensured that our stay was comfortable, convenient and that we always felt secure. Ashwani was ALWAYS available to us by phone in case we needed anything. His prompt attention and recommendations made our trip more meaningful. I really cannot say enough nice things about Tree of Life.

Due to a local flight cancellation, two of us were unable to meet our third friend at the airport when she arrived at midnight. And because she was on a flight we were unable to communicate with her. We called Ashwani and he send his car and driver to pick her up along with a hand written note from him explaning what had happened. He even instructed his driver to offer our friend his cell phone so she was able to call us. When travelling through foreign countries having a host contact (such as Ashwani) who will step up to help you in emergencies is absolutely invaluable.

I also left my luggage at Tree of Life (after we had checked out) when I was travelling internally in India and Ashwani arranged for his car and driver to meet me at the airport with my luggage before my flight back to Vancouver. Priceless!!

The room was clean and air conditioned and the washrooms were excellent (key factor for 3 females). Breakfast, internet and laundry service were excellent. Ashwani and his staff really took care of us the whole time. We were made to feel like guests, not customers.

Next time I am in Delhi, this is, without a doubt, where I will stay.

Two words for anyone reading this review: stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2011

This bed and breakfast run by Ashwani is a great place to stay. I was a little nervous driving to it, but as soon as we walked in, it was perfect. I was bringing 4 of my girl friends for their first time to India. All our needs were met with such grace. Everything was very clean and it was a relaxing place after spending the day out. The breakfasts were excellent. There was variety and they were very accommodating. This bed and breakfast was recommended by our tour company – Indian Moments. I was right about going with Indian Moments, and they were right about Tree of Life B & B. Absolutely no hassles or surprises when check in or OUT. They met my expectations (which are high).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Regina
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This bed and breakfast is a must for anyone traveling to New Delhi! I can't say enough good things about the entire experience-every part of it exceed expectations from the location to the service to the food to the rooms-EXCELLENT!!
I will break it down a little to give some detail-first topic that deserves mention is the owner Ashwani. He was one of the nicest, most helpful and kind people we met on our honeymoon. New Delhi was the first place we visited and because we were new to the country Ashwani helped us organize our visit by breaking down our 'to see' list into a day tour of New Delhi and a day tour of Old Delhi. He then organized a driver to be with us for both those days (ask for Maden-he's awesome!). As if that wasn't enough, he also helped us book train tickets to Agra and arranged to have then delivered to the Tree of Life for us and lent us a book about Jaipur to help us get the most out of our visit there! These are only a few of the things that he did for us but the point is he is more than willing to do anything needed to ensure that not only do you have a pleasant stay at the Tree of Life, you also get the most out of your visit to India! We miss him and can't wait to visit him again. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts Ashwani for all that you did for us!
As for the service-great! Ashwani has a group of guys working that do the cooking, show you to your room, etc. They were all very friendly and helpful. Thanks again to Krishna for helping us get a local cell phone-turns out we really needed it!! :)
The rooms were big with lots of storage for clothes etc. and are well maintained. The beds were comfy and the showers were warm. The whole place is thoughtfully decorated and feels very inviting and homey.
The location was perfect-safe neighbourhood with PVR Complex within walking distance. It had lots of shops, restaurants and movie theatre! It is also a close to attractions which makes it a great central point for exploring Delhi. The city can be quite over whelming and busy so it was nice to retire in a quiet and relaxed area in the evenings.
Last but not least-the food. The breakfast was yummy and filling. You have your choice of western style or indian. We always did western-toast, fried egg, cut up banana and papaya, juice box and tea or coffee. The jam they had for the toast was delicious!! They also served supper for a VERY reasonable price. We never got the chance to try it but saw a few other guests enjoying theirs and it looked scrumptious and smelled even better!
Like I said, I can't say enough good things about this place. My husband and I can't wait to return.
To Ashwani and all the boys: Ryan and Chalena say hi, wish you all the best and hope to see you all soon!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I highly recommend Tree of Life for many reasons. I am a backpacker traveling to India alone for the first time. I was a bit worried because I was all by myself but felt safe after I arrived Tree of Life. I am not going to write about location, facilities and the nice breakfast since these are covered in many reviews. I'll write about the people element here.

Ashwani, the owner of Tree of Life really cares for the guests. He greets the guests every morning at breakfast and chats with them. He provides useful and detail tourist information. When he knew I was stuck at the New Delhi Train Station for an hour, trying to get a ticket to Agra. He asked me to carried on with my sightseeing and sent one of his staff to buy the ticket for me (without any extra charges :P). When he knew I was an art lover, he recommended a local architecture tour. Many foreign tourists just see Chandni Chowk as a market place for cheap products, but it is actually full of beautiful residential buildings deep in the allies. Also, remember to ask Ashwani for Indian movie, literature and cultural activities tips. He has good taste in local cafes and bookstores.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed here in August on our way to Ladakh and again after Ladakh. The Tree of Life is a wonderful place to stay while you explore Delhi and an extremely good value. The rooms are clean, modern, comfortable, well maintained and thoughtfully decorated. The location is calm and very convenient to explore the rest of Delhi with the Saket metro station just steps away. There is complimentary Wi-Fi which worked well. The breakfast included in the room price was made-to-order, plentiful and good. The staff is professional and competent. Ashwani, the owner, is sincerely friendly and an invaluable source of information. He truly wants his guests to have an excellent experience in Delhi and India. We traveled for 6 weeks in India and we felt our time in Delhi was a highlight – due in large part to the kindness of Ashwani.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple