“Great deal. Value for the money.”
Review of Wood Castle

Wood Castle
Ranked #16 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great deal. Value for the money.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Was in transit and reached Delhi much earlier than expected. Got to know about Wood Castle via reviews posted on Trip Advisor. Luckily they had a room but was just hoping it would be good to stay.

On arrival you're greeted by friendly and professional staff, rooms are very clean and well maintained with all equipments necessary. The hotel was kind enough to serve me late breakfast. Location and neighbourhood wise is great too. Short distance to the main attractions, shopping localities as well as airport.

But the best of it, i got all of this in a good budget. Was pleasantly surprised.

The only downside was that the wifi is serviceable in lobby area only and doesn't connect in rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
Houston
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Wood Castle in Delhi in February 2014. We were two females traveling alone and therefore safety was a primary feature we were looking for. This hotel is in a great location, a short cab ride away from all the major attractions in Delhi, and the driver the hotel arranged was very friendly and prompt (he picked us up from and then drove us to the airport). The hotel itself is very secure and we felt safe, as with anywhere I would avoid walking alone late night, but it is apparent the neighborhood has its own watch maintained by the inhabitants there and that is good.

The hotel itself was very clean and the food was fantastic, they were also very accommodating and served us at pretty much all hours! We did not have Wi-Fi in our room but it worked great in the lobby/dining area. The room was comfortable (wonderful water pressure and there is a good size hot water tank so we never ran out). The hotel is not located on a main road and therefore is very quiet at night.

The staff were eager to help arrange tours as well, although we had already booked some with Delhi Magic Tours (separate review, fantastic company). Bottom line, this hotel is a GREAT value in a great location, I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Be prepared to climb stairs to get to all of the rooms, not a problem at all if you are healthy enou...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank blinnenkohl
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights beginning of July at the beginning of my Indian adventure.Very clean, great breakfast, modern rooms with a safe. Great value for money.Hotel driver was a great genuine city tour driver but I feel the price I paid the hotel for his services was too good . Overall you can't go wrong with this place for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I recommend this hotel for everyone as it's in an amazing location with great staff and fabulous service.... Food is nice.... have no problems during the stay.... great for business purpose also as it's near from everywhere in Delhi

Room Tip: third floor is the best .
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Georgia Coast, Georgia
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I am planning a return trip to Delhi soon, having stayed in Wood Castle few times before (three years ago) I was delighted to see it is still receiving good reviews. I have stayed in a few Hotels in the area and in my experience it is by far best "value for money", of course it's not the Ritz, but the staff are 100%  for friendliness and care - I had a nasty food bug on my last day in Delhi, and the guys had me out of my room and at the Hospital around the corner in no time, Dr waiting, excellent treatment all around, and I was able to board my flight back to Home that night - what more could you ask for?
 I love the markets in the area, and a short walk to the Metro makes it a perfect travelers location.
Good on you Javeed - look forward to seeing you next time.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank samantha m
Czeladz, Poland
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This was our first hotel in India and it was very good one , the rooms were cute and spacious , even with a small lounge area , and the bathrooms were clean , the staff was helpful and we really don,t have nothing to complain , location is near to the market and metro station , overall. the stay was very pleasant

• Stayed July 2014
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotel is close to metro, which is fastest & cheapest way to sight see around town.
Room was clean & bed super comfy. Really cool mood & accent lighting in room. Bathroom was small but clean with great hot water shower pressure. Toilet functioned well. Service was always great. Had to remind staff just once for anything. Even the taxi driver we booked to airport the night before was very nice and helpful . . Wifi was great in hall . TV had great movie & news channel! they offered a trip to Agra, with a private driver and cheap accommodation. Of course, I did accept such an offer . it was really GREAT .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family