“home from home!”
Review of Wood Castle

Wood Castle
Ranked #16 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at Woodcastle at the beginning of our India trip and again at the end... it is the ONLY hotel to stay in Delhi (and I've stayed in a few over the years)... they can arrange airport pick-up and booking your stay is done very simply by email. The whole place is spotless, nothing is too much trouble and it really does feel like a 'home from home'... the rooms are spacious, they come with a fridge with drinks in, slippers, large beds have an electric blanket on, air conditioning units, tv and en suite wet rooms with hairdryers. Wifi is free in the lobby / seating area, and there is a computer which you may use free of charge too. Its a nice place to sit and mix with other travellers (and the owners) and share stories over a beer or two of an evening. They also offer a good priced laundry service should you need it. Food is always excellent, the menu is quite varied and very reasonably priced. The hotel is down a quiet side street in the residential area of Karol Bagh and is within walking distance of the market, restaurants and metro. I shall be returning, and I'm sure that should any of the group I took there this year go back to Delhi, they would be booking Woodcastle again too after the wonderful hospitality they received! Thanks guys for another great stay, see you all soon, Andrea x

Room Tip: rooms on the 1st floor will hear noise from reception so ask for a higher floor if you go to bed ear...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank adaviesFromWales

Reviewed March 14, 2014

4 day business trip to Delhi. Very clean, friendly and efficient, convenient location for Karol Bargh Metro. Well priced and a good alternative to far more expensive " business hotels " . No WIFI in room but very good connection from Lounge area , so no problem catching up on E mails etc. 3 rd floor room was quiet and spacious.Everyone speaks good English and very helpful re Taxis / travel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Very comfortable here. Room is big, clean, bathroom is modern, has hot water (press button, wait 20 minutes, then hot, indian style). shampoo, soap provided.

Wifi only works downstairs, but it gets everyone to go down there and hang out, where there's a TV, lounge, eating tables, etc, very homey feel at night to hang out and exchange war stories of braving the streets of Delhi !!

The owner is nice and welcoming, service is good. Only negative is that since i came with a driver, they were mean to him, didn't want him anywhere near their hotel, didn't provide any accomidations (normally hotels give drivers a special room to sleep so they don't have to sleep in their car). Would be nice if they were at least half as nice to indians as they are to the tourists.

oh and this is a good area, lots of tourist shopping and all as lots of hotels in a few blocks, but dogs bark early in the morning, so bring earplugs!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our group is just back from spending 4 nights at the Wood Castle and we are thrilled with our choice. Good price, modern and clean Rooms, Very helpfull staff. The food was very fine.
This is an excellent choice when you want something at a reasonable cost without reducing the quality of the lodging.
Would go back to that hotel without any hesitation!!

Room Tip: We had a room with a king size bed and were pleased with the choice
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel (we stayed 6 days). We had stayed in several other hotels throughout northern India that were double the price, and were half as clean and friendly as this hotel. As far as what westerners expect from a hotel, this one has it. Super clean, great facilities, hot showers, basic but satisfactory free breakfast, AWESOME staff Friendly and helpful speaks good English..If you need any help with transport, trips or itineraries there is a chap called hassan who will help you out with questions. He were incredibly helpful and polite. It's in a nice location that is probably relatively quiet compared to other areas in New Delhi. The metro stop is just a couple blocks away, and even when coming back at night we felt pretty safe.

Room Tip: We stayed 201 it was beautiful room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The best thing about Wood Castle was the quiet. I've never stayed in such a quiet place in a big city in India. The rooms are very comfortable (even electric blankets in winter!), and hot water plentiful.However there are some doubles that are smallish and have no window. It is only about a 7 minute walk to either of two metro stations, but I think for a short stay in Delhi of a few days I would have preferred something more central. Also, their "tour guy" was a bit pressing about it. Not unusual in India of course, but still, after the chaos of the city, I really want somewhere to retreat to for peace. In general though the staff are friendly and helpful. They did get a bit confused about our booking, but when we insisted we really did need two rooms when our fourth person arrived, all was well.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a window if it matters to you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The managers have been incredibly friendly and had helped me with all my needs.
When I got here I was sick with the Indian malady, they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and at home. I have been treated like family.
One of the managers Javiet knows a lot about India and has given me sound advise about what other places I can visit in India, he also arranged my transport to go visit places of interest in New Delhi.
My room was spotless, the hotel is very clean, and the food feels like home cooking, even though I do not cook Indian at home, I live in New York City.
Used to the best by being a New York City Girl I can say that this has been an excellent experience which was in a way surprising considering the hotel is not expensive for the amenities and the warmth of the people that tend it.
Do not hesitate booking here next time you come to New Delhi.
I will most certainly come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo