“Great hotel”

Wood Castle
Ranked #14 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
“Great hotel”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Very clean! Modern! Nice rooms! Big washroom! Hot water all day long! A/C!

5 minutes walk from the metro station. Safe area!
30 minutes in tuktuk to Red Forth and to airport (150 rupees).

Taxi drivers may have difficulty to find the hotel. Located in a small street with no adress. Bring the map on the website of the hotel and the phone number to reach the staff if necessary (mostly if you arrive at night).

When you arrive, they welcome you with juice/tea and cookies. Free breakfast (bananas, toasts with jam, eggs or omelet, coffee, juice).

The restaurant is also very good for lunch/supper.

Free wifi but only at reception or at the restaurant.

Manager and staff are very nice and understanding.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff here are lovely especially party boy who is always eager to assist you in finding a party if you so desire. There is also a lovely restaurant close by which has live Hindi music at the weekend. The room was perfect and clean. It was no problem for us to leave our bags when we went to Amritsar and they waited for hours at the station for us when the train was delayed (sorry we couldn't find you!). Breakfast is an added bonus, made to order either omelette or Indian style breakfast. I would definitely return. Only not giving 5 stars because it is a bit tricky to find so I would advise arranging for them to pick you up on arrival in Delhi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Maybe I was beat down after a 20 hour train ride, but this place was great. Our cab had some trouble finding it, but we were happy when we arrived. Clean and comfortable rooms, friendly and engaging staff, on site restaurant that accommodated our early morning departure, and at a reasonable price. What more could I ask for.

Also, we made some friends on our train ride. They didn't have a place to stay in Delhi, so we turned them on to Wood Castle. I called and got them the last room. They were pleased enough to stay a couple of days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Delhi is tricky when it comes to hotels, they are either to expensive or bad quality, that's why i find this hotel a good compromise. It has a convenient location, about 10 minutes walk from delhi subway, and has also a good value for money.
It's a rather small hotel, the rooms are not fancy, but clean enough for our western expectations.
Breakfast was ok.
There is free wi-fi in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was travelling abruptly through Delhi for two days (one night). I emailed several places and was promptly able to arrange for accommodation for one night at Woodcastle due to their excellent customer service. Upon my arrival, I decided I wanted to see the Taj Mahal for one of those days. The staff immediately arranged for their driver to take me there at a reasonable fee. The driver was excellent and we made it to Agra and back to Delhi by nighttime. The fact that the staff was able to coordinate this all for me in 30 minutes notice was so relieving and I was thrilled to be able to scratch seeing the Taj off my bucket list.

The next day I was returning to Toronto and wanted to bring home some sweets for friends/family. They recommended an excellent place and even told the rickshaw where to go because I was so clearly lost!

Generally, the hotel provides for a real family-oriented feel and they genuinely wanted to ensure that my experience in India was unforgettable. They achieved this goal.

The room itself is quite luxurious and the common area has a really charming feel to it. The breakfast is delicious as well!

I am glad that I ended my trip in India at Wood Castle. I unequivocally recommend this place to anyone looking for accommodation and will most certainly stay here in the future if I am to return to Delhi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our stay at Wood Castle during our visit to Delhi was more than comfortable. The location is a bit further from main sightseeing areas, but the staff helped us arrange for a driver. The driver, Kishor, was one of the best that we encountered during our time in India: he drove us throughout Delhi and then stayed a few extra days with us and brought us through Agra to Jaipur. In other services, too, such as directions and travel bookings, the staff at Wood Castle was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Congratulations to the staff for offering such magnificent service to all the guests staying at this hotel. They did everything in their hands to assure the highest level of quality during our 4 days stay.
Also they provided pick up at the airport, impeccably done, cheap and on time, even though our flight was delayed almost for 3 hours.
Location is perfectly convenience and easy acces to public transport, just a few minutes walking to the metro.
Rooms are very clean, big and quiet. There is air conditioning and cable TV with plenty of english channels. Bed was amazingly confortable and shower provided high pressure hot water at any time.
Breakfast is great and fresh cooked, served at the lobby, wich has a great atmosphere and it is definitely the place to hang out with other travellers.
We will go back here next visit to Delhi, and certainly this is the hotel I would recommend for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends