“Beautiful Hostess” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amaaya

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amaaya
Ranked #57 of 1,049 New Delhi B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Beautiful Hostess”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at Amaaya after 3 months in India. It was my final spot before departing. Ruuma, the proprietress was an absolute godsend who made me feel so welcome. This is a homey little spot, so just know if you stay here, you will feel right at home. Very quiet. Location was good for what one does in Delhi (sightseeing, shopping, eating). If you are a yoga traveler, as I was, this was the perfect place to be as Ruuma is an accomplished yogini herself and an amazing artist, whose aesthetic sensibility permeates the comfortable accommodations. One note, when I was there, Ruuma was not equipped to accept credit cards, so I just had to make sure I had enough cash on hand to pay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
München
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We arrived very late in the evening due to train delay. Nevertheless Ruuma the host quickly arranged everything for us and made us feel at home instantly with a cup of hot tea and a little chat. Our room was beautifully furbished and Breakfast was delicious. Thank you very much Ruuma, we really enjoyed our time at Amaaya and look forward to come back one day!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kapstadt, Südafrika
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Ruuma, the host, does an amazing job: She does everything to make her guests feeling comfortable and "at home". For me it was a special experience – to be in a rather extreme city (hectic, loud, challenging) and still be able to come to a place where I felt save and sound.
The house is perfectly quiet and located in a nice area. I would recommend this guest house to my friends and my family as THE place to stay in Delhi!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Shanghai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at Amaaya with a friend after our original booked accomodation was overbooked and the owner suggested us to go there. It was worth it. Ruuma is a very pleasant person, she takes care for guests and gives you good advice about where to go for Food etc.
The place is in a very safe and quiet Area and still everything can be reached easly. Humayuns Tomb is just a short walk away.
We had a very nice clean room with hot shower and a good breakfast with Omelet and Toast.
Amaaya is a place that I will alway recomend to my friends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kscinsha
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Amaaya is a very pleasant and welcoming place to stay in Delhi. The lady who runs it is kind and personable, and very accommodating. Guests essentially use a room in her home so the decor and furnishings are lovely but if you are looking for a very private hotel-like experience then this is not your place. However, if you need a safe home-like place to recover from the hustle and buste of India's capital, this is the ideal accommodation for you. The location is perfect, the rooms comfortable, and the breakfast generous.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LalitaMadison
Nairobi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Located conveniently to the Int'l Habitat Center where my conference was held. It was a short taxi ride of 15 minutes and about $2 per trip. Location is in a central location. The place is clean and you ARE living in someone's house but you dont feel like you are intruding. Breakfast is simple. I ate a yummy omelette and masala tea to die for every morning. Though I would suggest to widen the possibilities with cereals, milk, cheeses as a suggestion. I stayed in the room with twin beds. Space was more than adequate for one person and two could comfortably as well.

All comments seem to rave about Ruuma, owner of the guest house. These comments are not unfounded. She is a warm soul who does care about her clients and friends. Upon learning that I am a singer , she asked if we could arrange a small show on the romantic rooftop of her home. What a perfect setting - so how can a diva resist? She made considerable investment in setting up the rooftop for a show, sound system and food and beverages. My India debut had a backdrop of fireworks from a nearby wedding. Now I can say I headlined in India! Just an example how she goes out of her way!

I highly reccommen Amaaya Guest House and would definatly return.

Room Tip: The only draw back is that my personal reference is for a softer mattress than what was made availab...