“Don't think I will go back but.....”
Review of Hotel New India

Hotel New India
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Delhi
Hotel New India
Ranked #597 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Montreal
“Don't think I will go back but.....”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Thanks to this place I enjoyed Old Delhi immensely! It is 10 mins away from Metro. It is in the heart of Delhi and there is so much to do around there!

We had room number 12 on the third floor and it was difficult for my parents to go up and down. There are no elevators.
I paid $25/day and had an en-suite toilet, tv, good power outlets and hot water.

It has its drawbacks like the entrance - I wouldn't stay there by myself, but then there were other girls staying by themselves there. The upside is it is less nosier because of being slightly off the main road.

I tried to ignore the cleanliness aspect. It's not very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I'll be honest, I'm not reviewing the experience of staying at this hotel - because all my attempts to make a booking there were stymied by poor communication by hotel management. I made email contact requesting prices for rooms and airport pickup. I received a one word reply - '2400'. I had to clarify what this included, its currency and whether my requests were avaiable. No response was forthcoming. Seems they didn't want my business after all.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Rishikesh, India
Reviewed December 7, 2011

this hotel has cozy and clean rooms, hot showers and comfortable beds. the stuff is very nice and helpful. they make you feel like at home. don´t doubt asking them anything, they will help always out!
it´s 10 mins walk from the new delhi station and 2 mins from the main bazaar.
its the best place for long time travelers, who want to be near the station for the next train journey, or before going to the airport, as the hotel owners will provide you a taxi at any time during the day and night.
if you need to relax before or after any long journey before heading somewhere else, stay there for a while and just chill. There is a TV in all the rooms!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hanoi, Dac Lac, Vietnam
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Hotel King was a great stay for a short trip to New Delhi- very helpful and friendly manager and perfect location. Sunny works very hard to help guests at all hours of the evening, and offers great advice on traveling around India. Many great stores and restaurants within a five minute walk, and it's close to the train station which is also a huge plus. The price was good and it was nice to have a room with both a television, attached bathroom, and fan.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Some of the reviews on here are laughable. I don't know what people expect from India's budget hotels, but this place was perfect for travellers on a budget who aren't expecting the world for the price of sandwich.

The bed was clean and comfortable, the room was basic but had all we needed including toilet, shower, fan and even a TV.

Where this place excells even further is the staff and laid back nature of the place. My girlfriend stayed there before I arrived, and we went back there to ask if they could store a bag for us until we returned 12 days later to save us carrying it, and we got it back safely when we returned. I also wanted a suit tailored and Sunny, the manager, personally took me to a really good place, and even worked as translator between me and the tailor, which resulted in me getting a great deal on some lovely suits.

When it came time for us to leave, we were sad to say goodbye, and on our return we'd gladly spend a few nights there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Köln
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I arrived to Delhi by myself and chose the single room because it was so cheap but this stay was not even worth 100 INR!!!!!!
It started for me with a terrible entrance to hotel at 5 in the morning when it was still dark. Meaning a dark alley where people lay down to sleep, the smell of urine and cats and dogs sneaking around. If the taxi driver would not have been with me, I had not even believed that this alley let to the hotel entrance.
I was welcomend by a friendly guy who offered me directly a bottle of free water. He was very pushy about the plan I had for India, I did not want to go into details with him as I was very tired from the long flight and so I went to my room at 5:30. One of the staff showed me the songle room in the second floor and while walking upstairs I alreday wished I had not booked this hostel. It was as dirty and messy as the alley so that cock roaches felt comfortable here. The single room was not even close to the pictures you find on hotel booking platforms.It had rotten bed sheets, so were the curtains of the window which led to the hotel floor, the bathroom was a disaster. Even the toilets in the trains were better looking than this here. There was a basin but it was totally broken. The pipes were ripped of the basin, the walls with it holes were broken and the toilet and the floor were just so dirty. I have been travelling through many other third world countries but have never seen such a terrible room. Luckily I only stayed until 9:30 until my boyfriend arrived in Delhi and picked me up at this place.
When chechking out, the guy again insisted on getting to know our plans. He was telling us how bad the lonley planet is and that we will get problems when booking a train to our next stop. So he hired a free car to take us to the tourist information centre.
Now guess, why it is free? Of course they try to sell there much too expensive tours. Now if its your first day in India and you do not yet know how India Tourism works, you will fall into it and buy these tours. During our joruney we met 6 other people telling the same bad experiences about Hotel New King and ALL of them thaught that this accommodation is a real joke!
Are those people giving excellent revewies talking about the same hotel? Is there really one room in this hotel which is worth 350 RS? Well, anyways I can ot recommend this hotel to anybody. After having explored many cties of India, this turned out to be the worst accomodation ever! Unfortunately, I was so shocked when staying there that I did not take any pictures.

For people still willing to chose this hotel: The pick up service works just fine and the bottle of water is free for sure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank juro85
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 19, 2011

my stay in hotel new king was great . i enjoyed my stay because of the staff / five minute walk from the metro staition , overall the price you can't get more then that. the staff was alway's there to help you out .

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends