“Very poor quality”
Review of Hotel City Centre

Hotel City Centre
Ranked #539 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Poor in cleanliness with dirty rooms serving with dirty and itchy bed spreads,trearting badly with guests,off road location very difficult to access not preffarable for guests.----------------------

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SHAMEER M
There are newer reviews for Hotel City Centre

Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's a pity that this is not clearly visible to the main road, but the hotel amenities are good for the price offered. Clean rooms and good food as well. Close to the airport - Worth a stay if you are staying for a short period

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Though the hotel might not warrant a second glance from the look of it, the rooms are a pleasant surprise.It was quite a surprise to find such well done-up rooms at such close range of the airport & at the discounted prices we booked on Cleartrip.
Having read reviews about not so great service(not like we were looking for much service anyway), we were prepared for an average place.
We had booked a Super Deluxe room & were very happy with the decor, lighting, choice of colors for the walls, curtains & the like. The staff were courteous & left us in peace. It was a little noisy due to all the drilling & renovation activity below & above our floor. But all in all, I would definitely recommend it as Value-for-money.
Eating places are also easy to come by-within 300 metres of the hotel.
Downside- Locating the hotel might be slightly difficult but its more peaceful since its off from the main road.

Room Tip: You could ask someone to take a look at the rooms before you book.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jannat_Jahaan
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Do not confuse about Hotel Delhi City Centre and Hotel City Centre. They are different hotels. The Hotel Delhi City Centre is near rail way station. It seem a good hotel. But Hotel City Centre is near IGI airport. It is very very bad. In fact, it is terrible hotel with tricky staffs and manager.
I booked 3 rooms of this hotel via Agoda website. I tried to contact the hotel by e-mail three times but no any responses. So I had to phone the hotel. The manager confirmed me the rooms by phone. But on the date of my arrival, he wanted to transfer us to another hotel. I knew before from internet review about India hotel tricky, one of them is to transfer you to another hotel, then in the next morning while your checking out, the new hotel will ask you to pay for your stay again, that was double paid.
I insist and stay in the hotel. That make me terrible. Dark ,Old, Dirty rooms, Lots of mosquito. They did not give us soap, shampoo or even a bottle of water. (My rooms was Super Deluxe). When I asked for a bottle of water, the hotel manager said I had to pay for that. I argued and blamed him for long , finally he gave us a bottle for a room.
For my opinion, give away from this hotel. Trust me.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank SiamSky
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Good afternoon,

I would like to draw your attention on the Hotel City Center-Near Airport in Delhi.
First of all, the hotel Manager was very helpful, keeping our Luggage for 3 days, while we were traveling to Varanasi. We gave him a Tip for that, of course.
When we came back, our luggage was ready for us , and we got an "executive room".
The rooms are rely dirty and filthy. The bed with dirty sheets and pillow covers were not inviting, and looked like it had just be left by a customer. The worst was the bathroom. No hot water since the boiler was broken and the electric wires were dangerously popping out of the wall without any protection. I asked for an available room to take a shower, and discovered that other rooms were acceptable, and had clean beds. Nevertheless the shower head was not usable, since the faucet could not be switched to shower and was actually missing. I had to squat under the faucet! Very uncomfortable! Once again, I felt like the management of the hotel gave us this terrible room, since we were only staying four a couple of hours before taking our return Flight to Europe, and we would not mind, because we are Tourists. The Manager insisted on the dangerous neighborhood of the place, telling we should order some food with them. For us it was impossible to stay in the room, it was to disgusting. We found numerous restaurants once we crossed the waste ground behind the hotel.
We pre-ordered a taxi with the hotel. First the manager told me it would cost 300 INR, than he said it would cost 500, because the International Terminal was very far, and 300 INR was fort he National Terminal.(Which is indeed quiet far!) He told us it was a 30 minute ride. Finally, the ride was only 5 minutes from the hotel, about 5 Kilometer, and the manager paid only 100INR to the taxi driver, we saw it !!! Anyway, the taxi from the Airport to the hotel costs 170 INR. The excuse you always here in Delhi : from the airport you do not have to pay the government tax, to the airport you have to pay the government tax! Strange this tax does not apply to Goa and other parts of India.
Once again, I felt betrayed and used.
The way description to the hotel says "behind the Radisson. Behind the Radisson is an Euphemism. The hotel is only accessible throw a piece of waste ground, and we had a hard time to find the place with our taxi. The Radisson is not far, but the city center hotel is not behind the Radisson! A terrible experience

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MurgMumtaz
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I would summarize my stay:
1. Hotel is worst at any price. Its not even worth Rs. 500. I think lodges are better than this Hotel.
2. Filthy washroom, dirt stuck toilet seats. Pathetic condition of bathrooms. No soaps no nothing.
3. Rooms in even more pathetic condition. Blankets were burnt with cigarette, bed sheets were dirty and room was smelling of rotten wheat.
4. Hotel staff is uncooperative and its more of a self service hotel.
5. AC's front door was falling over every other moment.
6. In short unbearable and unlivable rooms.
7. I left after tolerating for few hours.
8. Go at your own risk.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank _Manu_Path_
Reviewed November 27, 2010

A unique experience. The hotel itself was most likely stately at some time period. The service and staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant in sister hotel which is also used for room service was excellent. The surrounding area is noisy and run down. There was a cow tied up outside the hotel, along with a barber shaving people outside. We were able to be surrounded by some everyday Indian life which we would not have had the opportunity to in other ares.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends