“cosy quiet green oasis in Delhi!”
Review of Devna

and 1 more site!
Devna
Ranked #62 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The guesthouse is in a very nice neighbourhood of New Delhi: the area is quiet and full of greenery, providing a good respite from the traffic and bustle of the rest of the city. It's quite near some lovely tourist sights - Humayun Tomb, Lodhi Gardens, Nizamuddin...- and close to some good shopping areas - e.g. Khan Market.
Rooms are comfortable and clean. The service is friendly and attentive and the atmosphere very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Devna

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed for 4 days at the hotel and it was worth the money. The hotel is set away from all the noise and pollution of the city. Personalized service with good hospitality and adequately furnished rooms; overall, its got a homely feel. We suggest to the management to improve the quality of breakfast and it needs a complete revamping on the front view and breakfast area. They can make a better place by disposing the very old signages, broken articles and the shades. The place will be much attractive if they invest in a high quality canopy.

Regards,
Nova Joseph
Dubai

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank adsadver
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We got this guest house when we first arrived in India, and we're so happy we did. The service was very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Our host was more than willing to help us find what we needed, from the nearby Sunder Nagar Market, to the nearby sights to see. The rooms were clean and comfortable. If we're back in the neighborhood, we'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've had a great time @ Devna, it was our first time and first location in India. Liked the hotel location, very quiet and felt safe. The hotel is an adapted house, which makes it very charming and familiar. David was very kind helpful. Only breakfast could have been a bit more diverse, but it turned out it's a general Indian thing. We gladly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tozi22
Reviewed June 23, 2013

They took care of us like family!
We booked The Devna Hotel for our last 2 nights in Delhi after a wonderful and yet exhausting 3 week adventure in India, before flying back home to the U.S. After finding it in the Lonely Planet, we are so glad we did! It is located in a quiet “green and clean” area of Delhi which is nearly impossible to find in this loud and littered City. The place is uniquely filled to the brim with antiques and old yellowed photographs of interesting characters of India’s past. The rooms in this small hotel are elegant, classy, and comfortable. It is like something out of Architectural Digest Magazine, without the usual boring predictable hotel décor. Morning breakfast is served buffet style out in their lovely patio.
BUT…!!!! It was the extreme care that the staff gave us that distinguished them from any hotel I have ever stayed! David and the chef were particularly helpful. Hours before we arrived, my husband got sick with travelers dysentery and was sicker than a dog. (Fortunately he waited to get sick till the end of our trip.) The next 24 hours, I played nurse and our hotel room turned into a hospital room. They arranged for a nearby pharmacy to deliver medicine within an hour of our request. Their chef custom made special dishes for my husband as he began to take food again, even Googling recipes for rice pudding that we asked for. In short, they treated us like family…a royal family! Our experience taught me how vitally important it is that one stay in a hotel that really cares for their guests, especially when traveling in a foreign country! In the future, I will book the Devna every time I travel to India and consider it my Delhi home!

Room Tip: We only saw the upstairs room that we stayed in and it was great. We initially had difficulty findi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheCreativeTraveler
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am European and this was my first contact with Asia. When I arrived to Devna, I learned that I can relax and enjoy in every moment I spend there: food, room, garden, and very warm Indian hospitality. I got a lot of very useful advices that every tourist has. Thus, I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't think, just go there and enjoy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nenad P
Reviewed May 31, 2013

A most beautiful place - the rooms have character, the reception is full of antiques and curios. The breakfast in the garden is a good as it gets. Wonderful and definitely a place I will return to on my next trip/.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple