“Quiet Location, Great Service.”
Review of Devna

and 1 more site!
Devna
Ranked #59 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It's located in a quiet area in New Delhi. Reasonable distance to the nearest metro station. Beautifully decorated with old photos and antique furnitures. Great breakfast with many choices. Hotel manager David and other two staff members were very helpful and polite.

It's a little bit pricey but it's New Delhi so maybe it's normal?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Schneetag S

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on two occasions in November 2012. On both the staff led by David were courteous and helpful. We stayed in two different rooms, both of which were extremely comfortable. We enjoyed the entrance courtyard and in fact had breakfast there on two days. The neighbourhood is tranquil and we felt safe walking about at night-the elephant trimming the trees at the end of the block only added to our enjoyment. We hope to return to India before too long and would certainly stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann249
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at Devna with my mum and my sister for a couple of days in mid January. I loved the location, the house is elegant and well kept, and the staff is truly welcoming. You will appreciate this place, especially if you spent some time in India and need a break from it all. I went back to Devna after traveling for a week in the south, and it felt like coming back home. Thanks, David.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We are a family with teenagers from Canada and stayed at Devna for 6 nights and very much appreciated our stay. The hotel is well-located in a safe and upscale area of Sundernagar. The staff headed by David Raj is courteous, kind and very helpful - all requests were satisfactorily addressed. The rooms are good quality and well-maintained. The front room is charming and complimentary breakfast is good. They also arrange taxi or car service with a reliable and reasonably priced company operated by Jeet Singh (we used their service for sight-seeing, Agra and a late night trip to the airport). I would stay here again anytime. It felt safe and we enjoyed the pleasant staff.

Room Tip: An excellent alternative to impersonal chain hotels.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place is fantastic! super friendly staff, greet room, wonderful service! This place is incredibly endearing, beautiful accommodations and great breakfast, love it here and we don't want to leave this hotel.

Thank you so much to the manager for the late check out and i will recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2013

A friend of mine recommended this hotel, located in a calm, safe and pretty area. We were 3 girls staying at Devna and I think we could have not found a better place to stay. David, the hotel manager, helped us to organise our trip while we were still in Paris. He made sure all along our stay that we feel like home. And we did. The staff is so nice! Always ready to help. The owner introduced himself and spent time with us to give some good advices on our trip around Rajasthan. The hotel himself is beautiful and clean, with a pretty terrasse. Don't miss the complimentary breakfast served with a smile. Excellent location!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BMbo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Had a week of work in Delhi, and always need a restful place to stay. The place is beautiful, and the location is good.
My reservation got mixed up, and I wound up with a basement room (which actually was beautifully equipped, but I don't like a room without windows) They went out of their way to make me a happy customer, and by the end of my stay, I have to say they went above and beyond what was expected. The manager, David, is a gem, and the rest of the staff is there to pretty much grant your every wish. They turned my initial feelings around, and I would go there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business