Devna
The Oberoi(New Delhi)
  • Pool
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunder nagarhouse is beautifulindian heritageleafy suburbsmall shopping areaguest houseart collectionsafe driverkhan markettaxi serviceb brestaurants within walking distancequiet locationhomely placesafe areagated communityhome base
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

What a delight to get out of the usual hotel environment and spend a few nights being pampered in one of Delhi's best neighborhoods! Staying at Devna was like visiting a rich uncle -- a beautiful home to drop in and out of 24 hours a day, great service, and a quiet neighborhood to walk around. It's a short walk to the zoo or a small shopping area, and access to the rest of Delhi's commercial, diplomatic or historic areas is as simple as a cab ride. When I wanted to play tourist and visit Agra, Devna set me up with a great driver and guide almost instantly. The room was a great value, and the chance to experience a wonderful Delhi neighborhood instead of just another high-rise hotel was priceless.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve W
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed there during july 2012 for 4 days. DEVNA has become my home itself rather than a Hotel stay. Amazing hospitality by Mr. Atul Khanna and his wife Devna Khanna (Owners) , although they have very good courteous staff to take our care but there personal touch just increase the wow factor in my stay.
The place is very well maintained and all the Art collection of Mr. Khanna has added a special charm in the area, with all the old painting and old artifacts the lobby looks fabulous and the lawn in front is best place to sit and have a cup of coffee. The food is very good and don’t forget to try Cold Coffee 
The best part of DEVNA is its location which is located right in the Heart of the city with beautiful and peaceful neighborhood. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank rohuchop1111
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My stay in Devna New Delhi was one of the great memories of New Delhi I will cherish for a long time. I visited Delhi for the first time for a business tour and my company arranged my accommodation in this beautiful place.
I stayed there for 15 days and there was not even an ounce of discomfort that I had to face. Since this was my first trip to New Delhi, I wanted explore the city a little. And I came to know that my purpose was best solved by staying in Devna, New Delhi since it is situated in heart of New Delhi. Rooms are good and cozy. Locality is posh and peaceful. And I also enjoyed the freebies like breakfast included in room rent, free wifi etc. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank richa c
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Close to hunamayan tomb (with car) this b&b has spacious and clean rooms, way above Indian average

it looks like an house with rooms given as accommodation.

Once arrived, we didn't find the hotel manager and nobody spoke English, which was very annoying. but the next morning the hotel owner offered us a big discount for the inconvenience, much appreciated.
breakfast is good/average.

they should renovate a bit the room toilets, which was quite old.

in the end a good choice for that price, nice, but not remarkable.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank pescantini
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Being a part of the corporate world traveling is an unavoidable part of my life, so much so that I am almost always in a bag. My work takes me many places around the country and the world and Delhi happens to be the most frequent destination. Usually I stay at the Hotels (Thanks to my company), but this time I decided to stay in a bed and breakfast establishment.

My friend suggested this small, beautiful, artistically blessed and quite place in Sunder Nagar called "Devna". The owners have maintained the property so well. The place is a mix of nature with lush green surroundings and a nice garden; antiques- which happen to be the love of the owners; lovely paintings . The place offers a homely warmth to the guests and make one feel comfortable.

The fact for which I simply loved this place more than anything was the home made food and a warm hospitality of the staff and the owners.

By chance, I was lucky to enjoy a musical program on the Sunday evening.... with performance by a group that works for an NGO called Manzil. The lovely weather, serene atmosphere and fine music- the combination made my stay at Devna an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business