Devna
$70
$59
$137
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunder nagarhouse is beautifulindian heritageleafy suburbsmall shopping areaguest houseart collectionsafe driverkhan markettaxi serviceb brestaurants within walking distancequiet locationhomely placesafe areagated communityhome base
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Being a part of the corporate world traveling is an unavoidable part of my life, so much so that I am almost always in a bag. My work takes me many places around the country and the world and Delhi happens to be the most frequent destination. Usually I stay at the Hotels (Thanks to my company), but this time I decided to stay in a bed and breakfast establishment.

My friend suggested this small, beautiful, artistically blessed and quite place in Sunder Nagar called "Devna". The owners have maintained the property so well. The place is a mix of nature with lush green surroundings and a nice garden; antiques- which happen to be the love of the owners; lovely paintings . The place offers a homely warmth to the guests and make one feel comfortable.

The fact for which I simply loved this place more than anything was the home made food and a warm hospitality of the staff and the owners.

By chance, I was lucky to enjoy a musical program on the Sunday evening.... with performance by a group that works for an NGO called Manzil. The lovely weather, serene atmosphere and fine music- the combination made my stay at Devna an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It was a safe haven for me in Delhi when I came here for my first job and didn't know any one in the city. Got to know about the guest house through a friend.And chose the place because of its proximity to my office.Initially had planned to stay there for one or two days but ended up staying there for a week since the place was so safe and comfortable. The staff was really helpful.Nearby markets of sunder nagar and khan market were a good hang out place.Icing on the cake was beautiful decorations,paintings,artifacts kept in the room and the lobby area. A beautiful small garden was an ideal place to have a cup of morning tea and enjoy the green serenity of the place. And during my stay I also got to meet the owners who were equally classy.Must stay for all looking for a hotel/b&b in the posh locality of Delhi.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Delhi has lots of good hotels and guest houses but I always love staying right near Cannaught Place where I can just walk to good restaurants, markets and other hot spots. Devna is just at a right location with a very nice, beautiful, ethnic and homely ambience. Walking around here you'll find everything you want. But the best part was the great service. Whether it was having me met on arrival, walking me to my taxi after dark or simply greeting me with smiles and a warm welcome after I'd been away for a while, the staff at Devna was more than pleasant and helpful and made everything, from breakfast to train tickets easy to manage to guiding for shopping. Also, one will enjoy the company of the owners, one of the most lively couple I have ever met. I will recommend the hotel most highly!

Room Tip: almost all the rooms are pretty and nice...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We came to New Delhi as a part of our personal trip to North India, where we stayed at Devna. We got the reference from Lonely Planet as one of the best place to stay in Delhi. The guest house is full of beautiful paintings, royal portraits, antique furniture and articrafts. In adding the conveniences and luxuries necessary to modernize the place, it shows old world charm.

Our stay at Devna provided the perfect ending to a hectic tour of Northern India. The staff gave us an exceedingly warm service, making us feel to be at home. Their hospitality and attentiveness continued throughout our three-day stay. Our accommodation was comfortable and beautiful.

The best part was the location of the guest house. It is located at the heart of Delhi, few kms away from all the main markets, monuments and tourist spots.

Because of the beauty of the guest house and its surroundings, we highly recommend a stay at Devna whenever in Delhi.

Room Tip: Room 104, 105 & 106 are the best rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pink1501
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A very good choice for a hotel in Delhi. The place has a lot of character. The service was good. The room clean. The neighbourhood is very pleasant and calm, while still within easy reach of major tourist attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple