“Very decent hotel in New Delhi.”

Treebo Citi International
Ranked #61 of 1,076 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Tokyo, Japan
“Very decent hotel in New Delhi.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Transportation -
It is very close to Karol Bagh station.
There is also a big local bazaar near the hotel.
You may find McDonald's, KFC, Pizza-la, local souvenir shops or a small supermarket.

Staff -
I want to emphasize that the manager of the hotel was very nice.
It is very normal to be suspicious in India; and you ought to be,
but I believe the manager is a trustworthy man.

Room -
The room is not the cleanest, but you will probably not suffer from it.
The fridge was broken on the first day we went, but staffs quickly fixed them if we claimed.
However, they give out too much pesticide.

Comment -
We stayed in this hotel for about a week.
Most of the guests with us were Indians, we barely saw foreigners.
I actually got sick there, but I was saved by a hospital right behind the hotel.
And one last tips for travelers.
"You must ask" whatever you need. If you don't, they will offer nothing.
Medicine, fridge, or anything, you must ask once twice thrice...
Well, I liked the staff. They aren't bad people, so do not worry.
Have a nice trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 2013Bibi
GM C, Manager at Treebo Citi International, responded to this review, June 18, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Citi International....

Thank You So much for taking time out and sharing your valuable feedback with us. Hope your medical treatment went out, for which you were here. We at Hotel Citi International are honored to have a guest like you, hoping for a longer relationship.

Citi Group of Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I spent 10 fantastic days in Hotel Citi International with my friend. I choosed it because of the good reviews on TA, but I didn't expected this kind of helpfulness that we received from the hotel crew! Anything we asked for they helped us with a smile. It was like a five star hotel concierge service! The driver who picked us up from the airport made me pay the parking fee, but in the hotel they immediately paid it back! They organized our daily drivers for a very good price and even offered a daytrip to Jaipur. We accepted it, and it was a great trip! The driver drove us around the main monuments, so we didn't need to bother what should we see. (They also organize daytrip to Agra, but we already booked with a tour guide earlier.)

The selection of food was great, though some of the menu elements wasn't available. But as I said, because of the wide range of selection we always found something which tasted fantastic!

The room was also great and looked liked exactly as on the pictures. I totally recommend it to everyone! The hotel lies near the metro station but in a quiter part of Karol Bagh, so it is on a perfect location.

Room Tip: Room 117 has window and tub in the bathroom
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bgama87
GM C, Manager at Treebo Citi International, responded to this review, May 9, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Citi International....

Thank You So much for taking time out and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We at Hotel Citi International are honored to have a guest like you, hoping for a longer relationship.

Mauritius
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were two ladies who have just spent a few days at Hotel Citi International. The rooms and towels were cleaned.The main problem encountered was during payment of hotel. We were supposed to leave early morning and on the eve I asked the Manager if we could pay the bill but he said no do it during check out. I even gave him my bank card to check if the bill can be paid by card and he said it was working and it is no problem. The next day before our check out at 4 a.m , there was another manager who said that the card is not working in his machine. He suggested that I give my ATM card to a hotel personnel to withdraw the money which would mean giving my pin number !!!! which is not acceptable.

I went to the ATM at 4 a.m to withdraw money which was a great inconvenience and very disturbing especially we were two ladies. I thought in India Guests are considered as God and I didn't expect such a behaviour. I was agreeable to pay on the eve and avoid such hassles especially before taking a flight. So beware of the hotel management !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tr0chetia
GM C, Manager at Treebo Citi International, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear madam,

Greetings from Hotel Citi International…..

Thank You So much for taking time out and sharing your valuable feedback with us. We are glad that you found the room and towels to be cleaned. As per your valuable feedback, you were told to go to the ATM at 0400 hrs in the morning, which is totally unacceptable in any case, we feel very apologetic to hear such kind of instances. When we asked you about your mode of payment at the time of check out you replied 'card', as you were carrying a debit card which require you to put a pin manually in the card swipe machine, you simply refused to do that and then the manager also explained you the procedure but you simply refused. So he asked you that can you change the mode of payment to cash or credit card, but that also you simply refused.The manager was left with no other options, to suggest you to take out cash from the ATM (which is mere 20 mtrs away from the Hotel). As you were both ladies, he suggested you to be accompanied by a security guard. We were also not willing to send you but there was no other options.

On behalf of the manager and the management we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you that morning.
We at Hotel Citi International take your feedback constructively and will ensure, as always, that we learn and improve where we can to provide exceptional guest experience.

Hoping that you will give us another chance to serve you even better.

Management,
Citi Group of Hotels, New Delhi - India
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed there for about 3 nights, the service was good and food taste was fantasic.
Better to go with the hotel for local/long trip cars arrangements, because the price is comparatively good.
I understand from the hotel manager, some renovation is going on and can expect better rooms with more facilities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karthik a
GM C, Manager at Treebo Citi International, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We arrived at Hotel Citi and were greeted by the hotel manager who was very kind and helpful. He organised currency exchange and a taxi for the whole day. We were given a room with no window and asked if we could change which we did. Although not sure if that was the best decision as it was very noisy. The sheets and towels were clean but stained, after spending 7 weeks in India this is standard. The fridge smelt and needed a clean and also buzzed very loudly. When we went down for breakfast, the tables were dusty and dirty and the dinning room was very tired and need some repair to sockets and walls. I feel from reading other reviews if I stayed in the same hotel, as the breakfast was very poor and a complete let down for us! No other guests were in the dinning room and no tables were set. Personally I would spend a little more next time for better accommodation, especially after a whole day on the streets on Delhi. But that's just my opinion... Always take note of traveller photos rather hotel pics, otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: With a window it's going to be noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nix1307
GM C, Manager at Treebo Citi International, responded to this review, March 4, 2013

Greetings from Hotel Citi International

Thank you so much for taking time out and sharing your valuable feedback with us. As per your review the category of room which was booked by you was a standard room but we still upgraded you, without any cost. Secondly, the sheets and towel as per you were dirty, but our linen is changed in every room whether it is a standard room or a suite room; and if the fridge was making noise, you would have informed us at the reception. Thirdly, you mentioned about the breakfast, as per the cctv footage you came to the restaurant at 0500 hrs; maybe that can be a reason that no other table was occupied. We respect your review and action will be taken on whichever is necessary. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hoping for a comfortable stay, whenever you visit us next time.

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been going to Hotel Citi International for years now. When I first went, I was very impressed by how clean, and orderly the rooms were. It is a high-class hotel with its rooms and facilities. I highly recommend the first-class experience of Hotel Citi International to anyone who wants to visit New Delhi. I normally live in Ankara,Turkey, but as soon as I step inside Hotel Citi International,I feel like I am home. The rooms are very comfortable, and the staff is very helpful, enthusiastic, and kind. The place it is located at is very central and has very few transportation issues. The food especially was delicious and mouthwatering. Again, if you are planning on visiting New,Delhi, your first choice in a hotel should be Hotel Citi International.

-Mohammed Faraz Mohiuddin

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mohammed Faraz M
GM C, Manager at Treebo Citi International, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Excellent and friendly staff, they cater to all your needs. The thing which impressed me most was the standard of overall hygiene they maintain. Great freshly made food which keeps you close to home even when you are away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family