“Best stay ever!”

Ranked #37 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Vancouver, Canada
“Best stay ever!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the hotel the week of July 13 for one week. It was my first time traveling to India and I had been told several stories before I left that did not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I was deciding between the HGI and the Svelte which is the City Select Mall next door but am so glad I stayed at the HIlton.

I had pre-arranged for a driver to pick me which made things easier right from the start. Rahul is great and you should ask about him and his team of drivers that can take you around town to see monuments, go showing or even to Agra. They all speak English as well so you should not have any problem with communication.

Usually by the end of teh week, I am ready to go home but in this case, it was a bit hard to say good bye. All of the staff had gotten to know me in some fashion and it was nice to walk down for breakfast (which is the best I have ever had) and to have the servers have my chai and paratha already ordered. Everybody made time to come and chat and I met some great people - ask for Prabhas, Gourav, Amit and Shahant. I even got to meet the chef - Ashwini who is a magician in the kitchen. By far the best indina food I ever had. The best part is that I did not get sick while I was there which is a testament to the hotel for having the freshest quality fo food at all times. The entire team would also go out of their way to get me ice upon every request (needed it to make a homemade ice pack). They also offer lots of free water bottles so you are never running low.

TIpping is very nomral in North Americal but it took a while to figure out whow it worked and and even now I am not sure I did it right. Either way, the staff is what made my stay so special so they deserve a little extra.

As mentioned by other reviews, HGI is attached to the DLF mall which is great if you want to buy some stuff. I was there in a the middle of a sale so teh prices were on part with sales in Vancouver. If there were no sales, the malls would be a very expensive place to shop. DLF has a movie theatre and a Costa Coffee which is a great place to get a releatively cheap cofee and pastries. Right next door is City Select which has a Starbucks and a market (bazaar) where you can buy supplies if you plan on staying a while.
DLF also has a westernized food court with McD's, Dominos and there is also KFC and Pizza Hut right outside the Select City mall. I was generally able to have a late large and filling breakfast followed by a late afernoon snack at Costa Coffee followed by dinner at 8:30.

The pool, business area and and the fitness room are all perfect.

I would definitely stay here again! The service more than makes up for some of the negative comments I have rad on this forum. I felt completely at home,

Room Tip: You can get extra bottles sent to to the room for free The breakfast is unbelievable and the dinner...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Ismail L,

Thank you for your warm review of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, the pleasure was ours to welcome you on your first trip to India!

I am very pleased to read that my team's attentive service made you feel at home and highlighted your experience with us. Your special mention of Rahul, Prabhas, Gourav, Amit, Shahant and Chef Ashwini is truly appreciated. They, together with the rest of my team work hard everyday to deliver positive experiences to our guests and it is very rewarding to receive your commendation.

Thank you again for your feedback and for staying with us. Do come and visit us again when you return for another holiday in India. We would be delighted to welcome you back!

Satya Prakash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was at the Hilton at the beginning of this month on a shopping trip to Delhi with my wife. After checking out various hotels on trip advisor I opted for this hotel as its connected to the DLF place and Select City Walk Malsl in Saket area of South Delhi. That was the only reason to book this hotel. I have stayed at Hilton Hotels before hence was expecting certain standards.

To be frank I was disappointed by this hotel. The rooms are not well maintained and crampy. The corridors are smelly. Basically this looks like a very old property. It is not of the Hilton standards at all. The bathroom is small with leaks and draining out issues. Very poor hotel. I regretted for staying here. In hindsight I could have stayed at the ITC Sheraton which is close by and well maintained and only 2 mins by walk to the malls.

I know that the Hilton Garden inn is a 4 star hotel brand of Hilton Hotels but still this particular hotel is horrible and avoidable and not even unto 3 star standards. The only plus point is its location being attached to the malls.As mentioned earlier if one wants easy access to the malls then one can stay at the ITC. But other than that nothing to write about. I will go to the extent to say that dont get fooled by the Hilton name attached to this Hotel. Its no where close to Hilton standards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SameerSultan
Dear SameerSultan,

My team and I sincerely regret that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. Your feedback is important to us and helps us to focus on where we can make the necessary corrective actions. I wish to assure you of our commitment to deliver outstanding experiences through our products and services, as reflected in the Hilton name.

Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we hope that there will be an opportunity in the future to deliver a better experience to you. Thank you for your staying with us and for your feedback.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 14, 2013

the hotel was great and the whole family enjoyed staying there. the hotel location and shopping complex being adjacent was the great points. we enjoyed the swimming pool as we could stay the whole day there. if possible would go back again there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Jassim A,

Thank you for letting us know how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. We are delighted that you all felt at home with us and had a great time by the swimming pool. Do come and visit us again, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Delhi, India
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn is at a great location… Just next to a huge shopping complex in South Delhi. The location itself should give this hotel its edge but unfortunately this is not the case.
My family was really tired shopping and that evening the entire city had high humidity and the airconditioning was not at its best! We decided to change our venue from the food court to the India Grill… And that was the mistake we did…
India Grill was bad – really bad. The air conditioning wasn’t really there… only the smells of the food court outside was missing. The service was disastrous – the food tasteless… Everything that could go wrong – did!
We ordered Chittenad Chicken and it tasted like butter chicken… we ordered Dal makhni and it tasted as washed and boiled dal! There was no one to even hear our complaint… We finally had to leave without giving any feedback when they came with their customary form!
The only saving grace was that the wash rooms were clean!

Room Tip: Go to the restaurant only if you have to... If you do, check out the food initially and tell the fol...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Pradyumna
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Pradyumna C,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at India Grill, we appreciate your honest and candid feedback, which helps us to focus on areas for improvement.

India Grill has enjoyed a great reputation for serving authentic and delicious food to our guests. I am very sorry to learn of your disappointing experience and wish to assure you that this is not typical of the high standards that we continually endeavour to achieve. Your feedback has been conveyed to my team members and I have every confidence that they continue to put in every effort to ensure that they uphold the high quality of both their service and authenticity of the food expected of the restaurant.

My team and I thank you for dining at India Grill. We sincerely hope that there will be another opportunity for us to deliver a better experience to you in the near future.

Thiruvalla, India
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed for two days with my wife and daughter in this hotel. It is conveniently located near the Shopping malls. Very friendly staff. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Excellent for family stay. Never felt so homely at any other hotels

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Umesh S
Dear Umesh S,

My team and I are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. I am very pleased that my team's outstanding service contributed towards your positive experience and made you all feel at home during your stay. It would be our pleasure to have you all with us again soon!.

Guwahati, India
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's a good hotel for business purpose. They have very friendly and helpful hotel staff and its situated at the central business district of Saket so you have access to all facilities and shopping arcades but if you're on holiday then I think it ain't that good for I wasn't too satisfied with the washroom and room decor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Raktim B
Dear Raktim B,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket.

While it is good to know that you found our service to be attentive and our facilities well-suited to your business requirements, I am sorry that you were disappointed with our guest room. We appreciate your feedback and continue to endeavour delivering the best of comfort and convenience to our business and leisure guests by providing prompt service, complimentary WiFi internet access, round-the-clock business centre services, as well as the innovative and stress-relieving Garden Sleep System bed in our guest rooms for a comfortable rest.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Conveniently located next to the Mall, clean, roomy and nice servicing staff etc. Things you would expect from a major hotel chain. However, the room is carpeted. This could have let for me being eaten by some bug on one foot. In humid and hot place, I would choose a wooden floor hotel next time instead of carpet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank amyhata
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear amyhata,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we always appreciate receiving feedback from our guests.

Whilst it is good to know that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after by my team, I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in the room. I wish to assure you that among our top priorities is the hygiene and cleanliness of the hotel. Especially with our climatic conditions, we take great care in carrying out deep cleaning of all our guest rooms to ensure the comfort of our guests. I have shared your feedback with my team and we continue to perform due diligence as we carry out our housekeeping and maintenance tasks.

We hope to see you again in the near future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back and extend our warm hospitality to you when you next visit New Delhi.