“Attentive Staffs, Reasonably Priced Services & Foods, Great Location”

Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket
Ranked #37 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Attentive Staffs, Reasonably Priced Services & Foods, Great Location”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location is great. I think this is a consensus among the guests that have stayed here.

The staffs are very attentive to the point that some time you just want to dismiss them since they keep asking to offer you help, but it is of sincerity.

The prices for the services (telephone call, airport transfer) and foods (breakfast, dinner, lounge) are very reasonable. They also have a small stall in the lobby which sells drinks and toiletries, and it is more expensive than the supermarket in the adjacent mall that is a minute away.

The room, bathroom, is just perfect, excellent value for money.

Some note:

If you visit India, there are several stuffs you'll find cheaper than other countries: drugs, books, textiles, foods.

The location of the hotel can cater your need to the first three on the list. Nearby the hotel is a strip of local chemist. There you can buy generic and patented prescription drugs with price ten to twenty times cheaper than in other countries. The risk of finding counterfeit drugs is relatively low since there's no considerable gain of counterfeiting already cheap drug.

There are plenty shops which sell clothes and garments in the malls adjacent to the hotel (DLF Place & Select Citiwalk), ranging from the traditional one (Fabindia) to the modern ones (Pantaloons, and your usual western brand like M&S and Zara). Goods in Fabindia are great for souvenirs.

There are two bookstores in the malls adjacent to the hotel: Crossword and Bahrain Books. The bookstores stock non-textbook books. If you want to buy textbooks, you'll have to go elsewhere.

But going elsewhere is easy, since there are auto-rickshaws around, and the Delhi Metro is just few hundred meters walk from the hotel (Malviya Nagar Metro Station). You can reach places using the Delhi Metro, and the auto-rickshaw price is very cheap (e.g. Rs. 180 for a 40 mins ride).

In terms of food, the price of foods in the malls next to the hotel is a bit pricey for local (4-8 USD per meal with soft drink), but it is hygienic compared to local stalls.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear applecart3355,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, it was our pleasure to be of service to you.

We are glad that you were happy with the hotel's location, food and service. The team are dedicated to delivering the best personalise service and great stay experience to all our guests. We hope to have you with us again in the future so that we may continue extending our warm hospitality to you.

Satya Prakash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Having previously experienced the Garden Inn in New York, I was fairly happy to stay at this group again (part of the Hilton chain) due to its location - not far from the airport, and situated right next to the DLF mall. The hotel really impressed me - the service was fantastic, the rooms and bathroom sufficiently spacious, free wi-fi included. Staff really did go out of their way to be helpful, and that really made the difference compared to other hotels in India. We didn't dine at the in-house restaurant, preferring to check out the options at the Mall (which were plentiful), but noticed when I walked past that the place was bustling with activity at dinner time. I have previously stayed at the Leela Palace and Shangri-la in Delhi, and while the Garden Inn is not five star, the service exceeded that in the former hotels. If I did have another short stay in Delhi, I would stay here without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sp2genius
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear sp2genius,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, we are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

My team are heartened by your compliments to their service, which highlighted your experience with us. It is good to know that you felt comfortable and well-cared for during your stay. We look forward to having you all with us again when you return to New Delhi in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had been to Delhi many times but happened to stay in Hilton Garden Inn for the first time and really loved my stay and plan to stay in same hotel going forward as well. We stayed in this hotel from 27 Mar to 1 Apr 2013. Our rooms were very nice...very sound proofing, bath/shower and amenities were excellent. The mattress had a control on so I could adjust from firm to soft setting. Internet was free there with very good connectivity and business center was quite equipped. Restaurant is relaxing and food is great. Everyone and I mean all of the staff, is very curteous especially the waiters in the restaurant. I can't tell you how many times I was ask how my stay was and was there anything anyone could do for me. I also appreciated the extra security, there are metal detectors, security guards and we could not get to our floor without putting my room key in a slot in the elevator. The best part of this hotel is its location as its in center of city which makes it very practical to roam around and even in late night, you can lot of activity / life around you. Adjacent to this hotel are 3 big shopping complexes where you can not only shop but also can enjoy good food at their food court offering all varieties of Delhi special foods. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hawaii
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is basic Hilton Garden accommodations. Comfortable, but nothing worthy of an extended stay. Rooms have good bed and bedding, suitable desk/chair working area and bathroom that is sufficiently spacious (though past reviews are correct in that the shower water will wet your floor - very slippery!). It may have been the location of our room, but I found it to be dark and a bit dreary. Window was smaller than average and looked out onto a rooftop mostly.
The restaurant was fine, though the staff is a bit too over zealous with interaction. For example, two people informing me what was on the buffet during a single trip up to the same area and another employee clearing a plate followed by yet another asking what I was not eating anything that day (didn't notice my eating or plate being cleared I presume). These are little things, but sometimes you just want to enjoy a quiet breakfast. I believe breakfast is included with most rates so make sure you book an inclusive rate. Regarding room rates, I will say that the rates are reasonable and it helps make it a good value.
As far as the mall and shopping attached or next to the hotel? Skip it. They are nothing special and are not even that well maintained. We tried Hard Rock Cafe and it was fine, but service there was so-so.
We booked a car/driver on two separate occasions. While it is the way to go if you are touring Delhi or taking a trip to the Taj, be mindful of what you request and how you set-up the time/distance. On our first day, we wanted to tour Delhi and although the driver finished the tour and said we had traveled within our reserved time and distance I was presented with a higher invoice at check-out; an invoice that was not signed nor presented to me during the tour. I will say that this was properly handled by the management on duty so that was very much appreciated. I would suggest noting your KM with the driver before departing. Another comment that I would like to add is that on both occasions, time was wasted stopping at shopping places (Marble, scarfs....your typical tour trap places) and took away time from other shopping that I wanted to do, but ultimately was unable to. I felt the driver discouraged a trip to the market I wanted to visit and instead took me to shops that are probably some commission based stops. It happened at the end of a long day in Agra too - trying to find a souvenir that I ended up buying at the airport. In both cases, these side stops to shops I did not care for were disappointing wastes of time.
In the end, for a short stay to Delhi, it is a good option - nothing fancy, but fairly clean. Hire the hotel cars, but be very specific about your needs and make sure you receive an invoice at the end of your trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rkb777300
Dear rkb777300,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights from your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, your feedback is very much appreciated.

Whilst we are pleased that you were generally satisfied with the hotel, it is regrettable that there were aspects that marred an otherwise pleasant stay. The team extend their apologies if you felt overwhelmed by their service. They are dedicated to always ensuring the comfort of our guests, and they do so with enthusiasm.

We are also sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the driver during your tour. We take the safety and well-being of our guests seriously and will take steps to ensure that your experience is not repeated. The drivers do not have any affiliation with nor do they take commissions from shops around New Delhi.

We hope that there will be another opportunity in the future to deliver a better stay experience to you. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love this hotel. I stayed here on two separate trips to India and it is exactly what I needed after a long flight from the U.S. and the long days of touring through Delhi. The hotel is impeccably clean and the rooms are very well appointed and comfortable. Besides having the best breakfast buffet of any of the hotels I have been to in India, the plentiful staff is helpful and gracious, which makes the experience even that more enjoyable. The rooftop pool is a sanctuary of relaxation to escape from the chaos of Delhi. I usually try to stay at “heritage” hotels or havelis to get an authentic feeling of India, but sometimes you just want a really clean bathroom, a comfy bed with soft sheets, and a worry free hotel experience, and you can’t beat this hotel for an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear SaWatDeeKah,

Thank you for your kind review and for making Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket your hotel of choice in New Delhi.

It is a pleasure knowing that you have felt at home with us and that we have been an oasis for you. We also appreciate your positive feedback on our breakfast buffet spread and the service you received from the team.

Your continued patronage is truly valued and we look forward to delivering once again a great stay experience on your next stay with us.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our trip to India and what a great way to end our trip! The staff were so pleasant and every time we went to the restaurant it was like everyone went out of their way to be nice and polite to us. It was absolutely the best service. Yes the food is a bit more expensive (especially after travelling in other parts of India where it is much less expensive) but the food was excellent.

The cleaning staff did a great job. Our room was always clean and everything was in order.

It was nice that you can walk to the mall without going outside. If you stay here you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JsHappytravels ,

The pleasure was ours to extend the warm hospitality and professional service that made you feel like royalty!

It is wonderful to learn that we also delighted you through our food quality and delivered a great experience to end your holiday in India. We hope to once again be of service to you, should your travels bring you back to New Delhi in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Contrary to the name, there is no garden, not even minimal flora visible anywhere in the hotel -the only open space being the terrace pool. The Lobby itself might not appear anywhere close to the expectation from brand Hilton….but hang on! all this is set to pleasantly change as soon as you enter into the room. You realize its going to be a comfortable stay courtesy a soothing comfy feel emanating from modern interiors, good working environment- ergonomic chair, working desk, wifi, good AC and the extremely embracing bed and soft linen.

The second great USP is the – restaurant along with the professional team manning it. The food spread with live cooking counters and a really efficient service make it an out of the world experience.

The two R - room and restaurant, make it a perfect hotel for a business traveler. Its location among the three good malls in the area (with a direct opening into the malls from the restaurant floor) provides multiple options for an outsider to hangout out for food or shopping in the evenings. Not to miss, check-in, out too is extremely efficient and extremely courteous front desk team.

In summary- the perfect hotel for a business traveler but not an ideal choice for a vacation stay with family.

Room Tip: Ask for Mall front facing rooms- provides you a much need view of mall greens.