“hilton saket nightmare!”

Ranked #42 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Brussels, Belgium
“hilton saket nightmare!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here first 3 and 1extra night afther my Agra trip. On my first arrivel everything goes fine. Even I was quit disappointed about the rooms, and for sure the bathroom. I found they are outdated, except from the brand new samsung tv. For the price you pay, they are much more better options in Delhi. During my stay I was travelling alone, but ive make plans to meet my friends in Delhi. till my phone goes. The guy on the check inn ask me if I got the plan to stay alone tonnight??? I was a bit chocked about his question. I said that maybe my friend stay with me... then he keep on asking wish hour he woud arrive??(My friend is from north delhi, if its was to late, he can stay at the hotel) I been travelling all over the world, this was my first time people ask me such a personal questions, I dint expect that from Hilton Saket, but I cancel my friends appointments......
When I return to the hotel and during my check inn, the girl at the desk ask me again if i gonna stay alone at my room. I get really irritated about the same question and I said that I was on holliday and that I care about my freedom.I have friends in Delhi, maybe someone stays at my room, maybe not. Do I need to explane the hotel where I go, and what I do, with who I sleep?? But she say that dey dont care? And they follow the hotel policy. Thats really unacceptable from a hotelbrand that atract bisiness and pleasure travellers. When I said that I wanna chanche the hotel, the guy say in a very rude way... okey okey check him in??? hug thats the hospitality I pay for. but the best has still to come!! I at my check out the girl was challenged me whille playing with her phone, it was so intimidating for me. stupid questions and with a smille? Is this for real??? whos leading this people?I only can say this; Iam a guest in your hotel, i repect the rules and I pay for my stay. but you cant judge with who I hang around and with who I stay at the hotel!! this is unseen by the hilton concern. I woud advise single travellers; do not stay here if you care about your freedom!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dawood_world
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear dawood_world,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience you had at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. I wish to assure you that contrary to the impression you have gained, the comfort and safety of all our guests are among our important priorities.

I have discussed your case in depth with the team and we recognise that we could have better handled our communications with you. However, please allow us to clarify that our room rates are usually charged on a single or double occupancy basis. Should there by another guest staying in the room, the room rate would be adjusted accordingly if necessary. As part of their standard processes, our team members perform their due diligence to ensure that additional guests are declared. This is not only for the hotel's policy but also for the safety of our guests, especially those who travel alone.

We hope that this clarifies matters for you and we apologise for any misunderstandings this may have caused. We hope to be able to deliver a better stay experience to you, should you stay with us again in the future. Thank you for staying with us.

Satya Prakash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed the weekend here. Staff were very friendly, Rooms neat and clean with the standard ammentities. Hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport, and 30-45 mins from main downtown area. However I liked the location since it was situated in a shopping mall, so you could access good shops, restaurants without going outside. In addition i heard absolutely no traffic noise (a rareity when staying in large indian cities). Though rooms look a little worn, they were comfortable. My only complain would be that when people flushed their toilets near by, you could hear it as loud as if it was in your own room. There is also no spa, but there is one in the shopping centre as soon as you enter from the hotel (though I did not think it was that great).That aside, I enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back. you get no traffic noise at all
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear JenM72,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. We are delighted that you felt well-looked after and comfortable during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback on our location and are glad that you found the rooms unaffected by the traffic noise. However, we have noted your comments regarding the flushing noises and will take steps to improve on this issue.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newcastle Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent overnight stay and a really BIG city. Staff A1, breakfast great, room very comfortable with adjustable mattress. We'd stayed at the Claridges and Taj in previous weeks, but this place although not as swish to look at, gives you the comforts you really need. Great idea for mini bar...store at store prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a good room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear jake69,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket We are delighted that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your stay.

You feedback gives us valuable insights into what are important for our guests - comfortable room, good quality breakfast and great service. It is very encouraging to know that all of these factors met with your expectations and contributed to your positive experience.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to once again extend our warm hospitality to you, should your travels bring you back to New Delhi.

Singapore
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family and I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel. We asked for an early check-in and were given one. It wasn't immediate so we had to sit at the lobby for about half and hour or so while they prepared the room. I was travelling with my 2 year old who was getting restless at the lobby. The staff were really friendly and accommodating, They gave him chocs and played with him while we were waited for our room. The hotel is attached to 2 big malls so you can shop and eat without battling with the traffic outside. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again for my next visit. I just hope they keep up the clean standard of the rooms and the staff's professional service the next time I pop by! Keeping the hotel clean is hard enough... but maintenance is usually much harder.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Giwly,

It is a pleasure for my team and I to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback on the room and our service. It is encouraging for the team to realise that their hospitality and care highlighted your experience with us. I can assure you that they continue to uphold the high standards of our products, services and maintenance for all our guests.

We look forward to having you all with us again when you are next in New Delhi.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had made reservation from 24- 28 feb 2013 but due to some un avoidable circumstances we had to leave early and requested them for a refund . In the beginning they acted like they would after talking with manager and then they said we have to deal with our travel agent , we could not get of him as he was in Dubai,later he said hilton should have refunded you .
I am very upset in the whole process and would still continue my complain at higher level till we get satisfied result.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear smitu58,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent disappointing experience at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket.

You would have received my personal email to you by now, which I hope has clarified this matter for you. Because your booking was made through your travel agent and not directly to the hotel, we respectfully request that you contact them to reimburse the outstanding amount.

As with all travel agent bookings, once the guest has paid for the room package to the travel agent, the booking guarantees and payments are then usually transacted between the agency and hotel before the guest stays with us. Unfortunately, up until the time of your early check-out, we had not yet received payment from the agency and were regrettably unable to reimburse you at the time.

After personally looking into your case, I can confirm that the hotel has only billed your travel agent for the one night you stayed with us.

I wish to assure you that my team and I remain committed to delivering the best service and experience to all our guests. We look forward to another opportunity to extend the true and warm hospitality that we always strive to deliver. Thank you for staying with us.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn Saket is a very good hotel and a pleasant place to stay in Delhi (which is not by the way very pleasant city in general). Hotel rooms are modern, well equipped and nice but the fitted carpets were little shabby. Hotel staff has a very good service attitude.The breakfast is ok and nothing important was missing.

Saket is quite far away from the city center but the Delhi airport can be reached in 40-60 minutes if there is not much traffic. Like other reviewers have already told there are also two modern malls in the same complex for shopping and eating. I must say that everything is so "western / international style" that you can easily forget the fact that you are in India. I suppose that fact is not necessary a good thing for everybody but for me this hotel was a pleasant oasis after a long journey in India.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Aboensis,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights on Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, we are pleased to have been an oasis for you and your family!

We appreciate your feedback on our rooms, service and breakfast spread. It is good to know that you all felt well-looked after during your stay. We have noted your feedback regarding the carpets, which the team are promptly taking steps to rectify.

It was a pleasure having you all with us and we hope to see you again, should you return to New Delhi in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here with my wife during a weekend break to Delhi and Agra. We chose the
Hilton based on the cost which was very reasonable, and its proximity to the shopping malls. Previously, I have stayed in the area at the Sheraton hotel nearby. From the point of arrival we were made very welcome from the security staff at the entrance to the check-in staff at the reception. We were given a room on the third floor which was basic, clean, but of a good size with all the amenities that you need for a short stay. The bathroom was a good size with a small walk-in shower. The usual flat screen TV was available with a range of English language channels. Good storage space and a large safety box for lap tops etc. The hotel provides complimentary WiFi for up to 3 devices per room. Complimentary water was available in the room and more was available at no cost. The room didn't have a minibar, but in the reception area there was a small snack shop with crisps, drinks, chocolate and noodle meals that could be heated up along with a few books and souvenirs all at shop prices rather that inflated hotel prices. We arranged a hotel driver and car through the concierge to take us round the key sites in Delhi which was good value.
The restaurant was international and the dinner menu quite extensive with good portion size. We didn't take breakfast as we were out very early, but were offered the option of a a packed breakfast to take with us on our excursion to Agra.
The hotel has a direct access to the shopping mall which had a good range of western names as well as a food court.
The hotel has a pool and gym which we unfortunately didn't have time to try out.

Overall, no complaints and would recommend the hotel to people looking for a reasonably picked hotel in the Saket area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Satya P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Hudson0605,

Thank you for your generous review and recommendation of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, it is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their stays with us.

We appreciate your feedback and insights on our location, guest room, facilities and restaurant. It is very rewarding for the team to learn that their good hospitality and service made you feel safe and comfortable during your stay.

We hope to see you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to New Delhi.