“In need of TLC.....”

Ranked #38 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“In need of TLC.....”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My colleague and I travelled to Delhi in August for business - we had booked into the Double Tree Hilton for our last night of our trip but moved to this Hilton property as we wanted to do some shopping and the Doubletree is far out of town.

The location of the hotel is fantastic and like every other traveller will tell you, you have direct access to several large shopping malls. The staff where friendly and efficient and our check-in went smoothly and quickly, however not a great reception area, especially when full.

I must be honest after staying at the Doubletree Hilton and then moving to this Hilton property it was very disappointing – the hotel is old – has miff smells and is in desperate need of a facelift. The rooms where okay – we had damp and mildew growing in our bathroom and when we turned the water on – the water colour was orange.

Since there are so many newer hotels in Delhi which are close to shopping malls and are around the same price as this property, I would not return to this Hilton Hotel unless they upgrade the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are in desperate need of TLC....they could also do with a good spring clean...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Leona M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, it was a pleasure having you with us.

Whilst I am happy to note that our location and friendly service highlighted your stay with us, I am very sorry that you were generally disappointed with the hotel and our rooms. Your feedback is important to us and is taken into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel. My team are taking steps to promptly address and rectify the issues you pointed out in the rooms and bathrooms.

Thank you staying with us and we sincerely hope that you will grant us the opportunity to extend the true and warm Hilton experience my team are most capable of delivering.

Monisha Dewan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one day in September 2012. The location of this hotel is superb. Its right next to several big modern malls. You can access one of the malls from their second floor. The room is clean and comfortable! The staff is very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ayu312
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear ayu312,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, my team and I are delighted that your brief stay was enjoyable.

We very much appreciate your kind feedback and hope to welcome you back, should you return to New Delhi again in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Conveniently located, well appointed rooms and decent facilities is what greets you at the place.

What you will see most prominently is the Hilton promise - "We promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied, or you don't pay. you can count on us. GUARANTEED"

The thing about making a promise is that it raises expectations and then you feel even more disappointed if the promise isn't kept.

In this case, three things bothered me:

1) For a place that makes this promise, they insist on blocking a specific amount from your credit card even while you check in ! So they're not counting on you paying up.

2) I was sharing a room with a colleague - yet from the dressing robe to the slippers there was only one of everything in a room with two guests

3) We asked for two keys, and were told that the second one would be sent to our room - didn't happen through our stay

There are all the ingredients present to make for a great stay, both in terms of infrastructure and even staff - but there needs to be much more rigor in the standards they maintain - of hygiene, of service and of managing expectations

And I'm hoping they will do it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear sachin_kamat,

Thank you for sharing your valuable and candid insights from your recent stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Whilst I am pleased that your initial impression of us was positive, it is disappointing that we didn't deliver a better stay experience for you. We sincerely apologise for the service shortfalls you encountered; indeed, with regards to your second and third points, my team recognises that these issues could have been more efficiently handled. Rest assured we are using your feedback to work on the areas that do require necessary corrective actions.

With regards to your credit card, please allow us to clarify that the swiping of credit cards at check-in is a standard procedure not just in our hotel but world-wide. The minimum amount is not charged but reserved in order to cover for all incidental charges not included in the room rate. We hope that this clarifies part of our check-in process for you.

I can confidently assure you that my very capable team continue to work hard to uphold the high standards of the products and services expected of us. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Scotland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 6 night stay here. We were visiting Delhi for the first time on business and had a very packed itinery which left very little time for sight-seeing or shopping.
This hotel was just perfect for us. From the moment we checked-in, to morning that we checked-out, we were looked after impeccably. The staff were all incredibly mannerly, cheery and friendly and we felt that literally nothing would have been a problem to them.
The reception staff, in particular, are the nicest and most efficient that we have encountered in all of our travels and definitely the best all the Hilton Hotels that we have stayed in (and we have stayed in quite a few Hiltons!).
The restaurant staff were charming. They were keen for us to try the traditional indian foods and brought us little dishes for us to sample things first. It was quite an experience!
Housekeeping staff were also very keen - to say the least! The room was extremely clean and everything was kept topped-up so there was no need to ask for anything. The fridge in the room was a godsend for keeping a constant source of cool bottled water.
Thank you to all for making our first Delhi trip so enjoyable. I'm sure we will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ellieminelli
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear ellieminelli,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket. It gives me great pleasure to know that you spent your wonderful first trip to New Delhi with us!

It is indeed most rewarding for my team, to receive your compliments. We are delighted that you felt well-taken care of and that the warmth and good service you received highlighted your enjoyable stay.

We hope your travels bring you back to New Delhi again; my team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It seemed like a nice hotel, the location near 2 malls makes it a convenient place to be, but a series of incidents changed things. In such cases how management deals with an unhappy client is of Paramount importance,in our case how management dealt with it was to promise an upgrade on our next visit..I don't think so!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nafha M
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Nafha M,

I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. I wish to assure you that your feedback has been taken seriously and we place the comfort and well-being of all our guests among our top priorities.

I would like to receive further details from you so that my team and I may address these with the necessary specific corrective action.

Please do email me directly at monisha.dewan@hilton.com and I would be happy to assist you in any way I can.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with family and friends in Feb. 2012. The place is very clean, The food is adequate if not spectacular. Our needs were always attended to promptly and the cost for our stay was acceptable. There is a preponderance of security about the hotel, but we were not surprised given the political climate throughout the world. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the conference level.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Elizabeth K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket in February. My team and I are delighted that you, your family and friends enjoyed your stay with us.

We really appreciate your feedback on our facilities, food and service. With regards to our security measures, this is indeed necessary to safeguard the well-being and safety of all our guests.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Being a Hilton property, interiors are nice and fragrant. Apart from this, Hotel's location is near to Airport and South Delhi which is big advantage. I always felt that staff here is not so prompt pertaining to service. There is a bit delay largely many a times. Also, I noticed that Front desk is not always that courteous. Nevertheless, my stay every time was overall pleasant primarily because of the property, breakfast, convenience of accessing restaurants and Malls nearby. Its a nice business with great value for money. New Delhi hotels are pricey so seeing s much this Hotel has to offer with its price tag certainly its great value for money.

Room Tip: all r good rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MonishaDewan, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi / Saket, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear shyamdayal,

Thank you for posting your review of Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi Saket, it is nice to know that you appreciate our location and interiors.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.