“Excellent value, useful location”
Review of Hotel Le Roi

Ranked #118 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel Le Roi is the best hotel I've stayed in in India to date in terms of the following:

Great rooms, modern, and fresh like any good quality hotel. Very clean, lovely bedding and comfortable mattress, flat screen tv, safe in the room, and little seating area. Excellent bathroom, fluffy towels and plenty of hot water. The wifi was great, although the requirement for a daily login was a niggle. Hotel reception were efficient, laundry was good, and all the staff were polite and friendly.

The cafe let it down, and the breakfast buffet was overpriced for what was offered. I ate out most days.

The room cleaning was,ate afternoon, at the point I had returned to the hotel, so my room wasn't cleaned. This wasn't a huge issue for me, as I'm not fussed about having my bed made, a d don't need clean sheets and a towel every day but it did make me wonder what took up so much time that the rooms weren't serviced till the afternoon.

Rooms at the front of the hotel are very noisy, due to the road traffic, dog barking and general hubbub of Paharganj. it seemed the whole of the road was in the room. I think I was put in one of the front rooms because I'd booked via makemytrip which discounted the price the hotel reception itself was offering. I chose to pay the hotel price and be moved when I extended my stay and I was given a bigger room and it was a lot quieter. For the sake of a couple of hundred rupees it was a great decision!

This isn't a complaint but for those concerned about getting dirty......The road outside the hotel is an interesting experience, particularly in the rain when it becomes a mud pit. Next door is some kind of builder's merchants where bricks are loaded up and transported on hand carts around town. It tends to get a bit busy and congested there, as well as noisy, so if that's not for you, stay somewhere else.

The walk down to New Delhi station is fine, although if you're loaded with bags a rickshaw is best, particularly in the slippery mud! As the hotel isn't on the Main Bazaar road you don't get hassle from shopkeepers either.

Check out early morning (4.30am) was easy and straight forward.

Another reviewer has said they have mixed feelings about the hotel and I could see why, but overall this hotel represents great value for money I feel it is definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarvegetable
LeRoi2, Manager at Hotel Le Roi, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Let me tell you this is good hotel for 3 reasons:

1. Economical. 2. Approachable from almost all parts of Delhi, specially train stations and 3. Elegant Rooms with all basic facilities. The outside of this hotel, though scare you a little bit initially but later you'll enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vergheese
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have mixed feelings about Hotel Le Roi. The room itself was good—clean and comfortable--except for the clogged sink drain in the bathroom. The staff was also attentive to our requests, but they seemed to expect (and one even demanded) tips for every single thing that they do. The hotel’s location is both good and bad: good if you want to be close to the railway station and experience the color and chaos of Pahar Ganj; bad if you are visiting the country (or any other developing country) for the first time. The area, like India itself, is just so overwhelming and really exciting (and for a few, even terrifying).

Breakfast came free, but in the three days that we stayed there there was not enough food on the buffet table and we had to wait until they refilled the trays. The same goes for coffee. There wasn’t any so we had to ask the staff and wait.

Through the hotel, we also availed of a taxi that gave us a tour of Delhi. It was a good choice- inexpensive compared to other organized tours and we got to choose the places that we wanted to go to.

The manager also let us leave some of our luggage in the hotel when we went to Agra and Jaipur. Everything's intact when we came back. That's another good thing about Hotel Le Roi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank muffled_solitude

Dear Guest.

We appreciate your kind words. We Endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests. Tips is not a essential part of the service. This concept is quite common in USA but not in India. Every staff member has a name tag on his shirt. If you or any guest feel the same so they can come forward during there stay & share the name of the staff member. We assure you after this step it won't happen again if it's happening.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The idea of staying in Paharganj was not very appealing for me initially, but the proximity to several important places around has it's own advantages. When I choose this hotel I was not really sure what it would turned out to be. There were a lot of reviews, both good & bad ones, over all it sounds reasonably good. One thing which is uniformly felt by most guest here was that the services were good & they usually don't decline whatever you asked for. I had a good stay. Check in late at night on the 6th Feb 2013 after flying India's lousiest airlines (Go Air), tired & hungry. I asked for a small meal not expecting what they would say (many hotels I stayed earlier would often say, straight face-the restaurant is closed at this hour), which they politely agreed & within 20mins the meal came to my room. Well, that is good service. You may not have the best cuisine but they take care of you when you are hungry. In terms of amenities, Le Roi is comparable with most hotels of their standard but they also gives you a secure environment.
Yes, a few things needs a bit of an attention. The menu for the restaurant can be increased to cater more taste. The no of channels of their TV's can be increase as well and some local/national daily can be provided in the rooms (doesn't really cost much).
Over all, it is a really nice hotel.

Sydney

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sydney M

Dear Guest.

We appreciate your kind words. We Endeavour to offer a positive experience for all of our guests. Very Soon, we are going to increase the variety & dishes in Menu so we can serve you.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Love the property and the staff was well trained. I loved to stayed their because of the staff and the services provided by them.

The management of Le Roi was amazing their never say no for any services which were required by us.

Lots of love from myself and my wife.

We went to Le Roi Corbett the another property with my friend.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are well furnished
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent a looong time choosing a hotel in Delhi trying to find the right balance of price and cleanliness, and eventually settled with Hotel Le Roi -- turned out to be a great choice.

Check-in was quick and easy - no problem. Booked directly with the hotel and paid 2,200 INR for a Deluxe Room. The room was very spacious and comfortable -- soft bed, linens, lots of pillows, lcd TV with lots of English channels, mini-fridge, complimentary tea/coffee and a little table and sitting area.

The room was clean - not immaculately clean - but good enough. We had a room facing the street so there was a lot of traffic noise, but this is unavoidable in Delhi. If you're a light sleeper, you should get ear plugs or stay in a different part of the city.

The bathroom was very clean with lots of toiletries (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, toilet paper) and very hot water.

We missed breakfast because of our very early train, but there were some good smells coming from the restaurant.

Staff were helpful and friendly. The security guard will help you get an autorickshaw and get a fair price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank idreamofdurian

Reviewed January 30, 2013

It was a nice hotel.. we stayed there for a week and found the hotel and its staff very pleasent and proffessional.. Also we really liked its location as near to major market place and railway station. In true sense the hotel provided luxuries in budget category.. In simple words very good hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family