Piccadily Hotel
$70
$59
Travelocity
1,362 results
All reviewsjanakpuri west metro stationexecutive floorwest delhihuge lobbycoffee shopindian restaurantan oasisconnaught placehiltonashaambiencemsdriveragra
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2014

stayed with them for one night/two rooms .... although my expectations {as far as service is concern} was pretty average cause the room rates were extremely reasonable .... but
1. the first thing i noticed in the lobby was that the huge "chandelier" was covered with dust. ( understandable ....must be a big big job to clean it. )
2. room key provided had "hilton" printed on it ( unprofessional for sure). but never mind it use to be hilton so may be they still have some cards left ...kind of ok.
3. the guest attendant lady accompanied us to show us our rooms but was unable to open the first room.... (nevermind) we have two rooms to be safe so we entered the second room .... it was not done at all ......dirty towels were lying on the floor of the toilet .... dustbin was full of used tissue paper etc ..... bedsheets had hair on them ( kind of tested my patience but ... it was really ok with me )
4. kids wanted to go to the pool so i told them to go (9 year old school swimming champion) ... was not allowed to enter the pool (as per hotel rule kids should be with their parents while entering ) i'll appreciate this rule ... but the kids were really disappointed cause they said " the pool attendant was very rude " now i thought they may have felt bad cause they have been refused to enter the pool.
5. Now i went along with them to the pool its difficult to explain in words but will try .... parents are standing in front (in proper swimming costumes ) .. first kid is about to enter the pool ...and suddenly the attendant shouts " ey ladki ... hatt wahan say..... pehlay cap pehan kay aa....chal"
..... now i did what i should i have done with this guy ...for sure ... but to my surprise they were two more attendants (one of them senior i guess) they were trying to justify the first chap. never the less i took gud care of them all.
6. never wanted to continue my stay but it was my kids birthday so changing the hotel would have been a pain as well as spoiling the celebrations.

* slowest housekeeping ever experienced
* dirtiest water in the pool till date ..... dont believe me .... Mr G.M jump in the pool, see the surface is full of dirt..... m sure it wasn't kept dirty for that day only.

but i am still wondering is there some kind of trainees who are running this hotel. cause normally all these kinda incidents are reported in the morning H.O.D meetings.
and at least a curtsy call is a must to the guest.
if even this isn't done ...... "god bless america" :)

thanx
room 801/803 19/05/2014
dont bother calling or replying .... just do a little better to save the flag
god bless

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tarun889
Piccadily2014, Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us have your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Piccadily New Delhi / Janakpuri.

Feedback is an essential tool that we use in our business to ensure that the levels of guest satisfaction we provide maintain and enhance the proud reputation that is synonymous with the Hilton Hotels & Resorts.

I am confident that having had areas highlighted in your comments and the responsible actions will be taken; please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and rest assured your comments have received our strictest priority and sternest attention to prevent a re-occurrence.

We trust the rest of the services received at the Piccadily New Delhi / Janakpuri were up to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was our first trip to India and quite a shock! Run down buildings and heaps of rubble/rubbish seemed to be everywhere from Airport (which was very clean)..... This Hotel was a relief to return to after sight-seeing. European standards, excellent facilities and wonderful staff. There are several restaurants catering for Indian, Chinese and European cuisine.
Very large hotel which facilitates business conventions - there were several taking place during our visit but did not interfere with our enjoyment at all. Swimming pool but take care as temp was 40 degrees plus in May. Would recommend for location. Can change money at Reception easily.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of hotel for a better view as building works going on outside Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Persis647
Piccadily2014, Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Sir,

Feedback is an essential tool that we use in our business to ensure that the levels of guest satisfaction we provide maintain and enhance the proud reputation that is synonymous with the Piccadily Group of Hotels.

We trust the services received at the Piccadily New Delhi / Janakpuri were up to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights before attending a wedding in Haryana and was blown away by the service and accommodation. Staying on an executive floor, the check-in process was simple and done with a smile. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the gym facilities. It was also close to public transport links. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ZZCLSE

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Well i am a regular visitor of Piccadily Hotel which was few months back Hilton Hotel. We have been having a membership here for last 4 years in it. Although the name has changed but the staff of the hotel remains more or less the same.We have visited lot of 5 Stars in New Delhi & all over India but the food here you get is something which you do not get anywhere else.

The rooms are quite nice specially the ones facing the swimming pool. The hotel has good facilities like swimming pool, gym , spa & many restaurants to dine.Also its very close to the market & metro station is just walking distance from here.

The spread of Buffet is always nice and almost has everything.

Special thanx to the Chef Sanjeev Sharma who apart from providing you with with excellent & delicious menu everyday also personally comes & takes care of you. Also do not hesitate to ask him for any favors. Also the pineapple salsa is too good.

On live station they have pasta and papri chat to offer. Also on the salad station there were a lot of salad options.

In main course they have a lot of varieties to choose from indian, chinesse and thai to offer along with italian pasta. Mutton rogan josh is not to be missed. Paneer was blant and so was fish. But to fix that rest of the food was good.

Desert counter is full of cakes & pastries and puffs and mousse and tarts to fresh fruits and Gulab jamun. Also please ask for the coffee ice cream its too good.

The prompt service of all the staff & not to mention Mr Anuj the restaurant Manager is something which makes us visit the Hotel again & again.

All the best guys keep up the good work !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Piccadily2014, Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Please note I did not stay at the hotel due to this ongoing problem.I amnot commenting on its rooms or facilities. My original posting when it was the Hilton Janakpuri is online and below

I was promised by senior staff at this hotel, who are still in place after transfer of ownership, a full refund for a stay that I did not complete due to issues over their use of dynamic currency conversion.We are talking about around £600. These same staff are now not answering my emails nor attempting to resolve the problem.The money has not been returned and it is disappointing that these staff have no integrity and keep to their word. You can tell a lot by how a company resolves a problem. This hotel is ignoring my pleas for help nor are they undertaking a full investigation and audit to see what has happened.Quite clearly this amount will show in audit what has happened. This is not a misunderstanding or oversight,it is poor attitude and poor service.They have been written to by both my finance people to advise there has been no refund and by Hilton to resolve the situation but they are doing nothing.
I can assure you that if was a UK only based issue , I would have involved the Police by now.
Below is my original posting.

Please note I did not stay at this hotel due to this problem.I am not commenting on any of the facilties within or quality of rooms etc.
This hotel added over 13% to my expected charges by using Dynamic Currency Conversion.Some £76 higher than expected They then consistently denied they did this.I begged and pleaded with them to rectify the situation but they would not accept they ha,d done anything wrong.They emailed replies with outrageous lies blaming others. Additionally they said they did not have a copy receipt when I asked to see it but later produced it To Visa when challenged,.It showed the extortionate exchange rate together with the mark up that they take. I did a charge back on my credit card .I subsequently refused to stay at this hotel as I considered this a fundamental breach of the contract. Their unprofessional attitude to the situation and appalling attitude to me as a customer had damaged the business relationship. Despite polite and considered emails they refused to cancel the booking. They stopped answering my emails and followed up their lack of customer care by representing another charge as a no-show for an even higher amount, again using DCC. That puts a top hat on it. The emails I received made me feel the were enjoying being dismissive and oblivious to the impact on me. Shocking customer service and poor attitude.They could have resolved this easily but chose to treat a loyal customer very poorly. Hilton have lost a customer forever and I would warn all visitors to be wary of what is a blatant scam.I always say you can tell a lot about a business by the way it deals with a problem.This hotel just did not care.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnniepk
Piccadily2014, Front Office Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Sir,

I would sincerely request you not to write any wrong comments for the hotel or their employees and their work ethics. Let me go through the whole case once again. In April 2012 you have booked the room with us for the Month of June 2012 on an Advance Purchase Plan through our website. Since the reservation was made on Advance Purchase plan the moment room booking was made, immediately the total room price inclusive of taxes were charged on the credit card number given as a guarantee against the room booking. Since it was an international credit card the amount was charged in GBP. Sir, to our knowledge you were not satisfied with the fact that the credit card is charged in GBP and hence wanted to cancel the booking and also claimed for refund of the charged amount. Since the room was reserved on a very special advance purchase plan which was non refundable hence my reservation manager offered you to refund the difference amount of daily currency conversion rates. However since you opted to have the full refund amount, we immediately got the whole process done by our bank and the full amount was refunded back to your bank on 19/07/2012. In July 2013 an email was marked to our General Manager claiming for the refund of amount. I myself personally studied the entire case and found that the claimed amount has already been transferred to your bank account and a copy of bank letter confirming the refund of amount was also emailed to you in August, 2013

Sir we have and will always remain supportive to you for any assistance required from our side. However in this particular case there is nothing much that can be done from our side. We have already showed you the bank confirmation with the refund transaction details. I once again request you not to write anything wrong since we have kept our promise and has refunded back the full amount.

Kulvinder Kaur