“Excellent hotel”
Review of Piccadily Hotel

Piccadily Hotel
Ranked #259 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our tour company booked us here for 3 nights and we were were not disappointed, It is a very impressive hotel, and our rooms were excellent. The breakfast was excellent, one of the best we had in India. We also had supper here twice, and while a bit expensive for Indian standards, it was very good, as was the service. Since we had tours arranged, we could get around quite well, but it is away from the Delhi attractions. It took us over an hour to get to anything. Location would be the only downside to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lionroar
SangeetRockstar, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Sir,
It is really a pleasure to read your review. We at Piccadily Hotel are really excited to note that your stay was comfortable and met up to your expectations.

We are so glad to note that breakfast was excellent, I will for sure pass on your compliments to our F and B Team. We are also happy to note that you found our rooms to be excellent. Though, sorry to read that you found food to be a little expensive, we try to contain costs, but will for sure pass this too our F and B team to look into this.

While travelling around Delhi, you must have witnessed that traffic is heavy in every part of Delhi. On the positive side, due to our location you got to see more of Delhi, which you might have missed otherwise.

We really look forward to welcoming you again at Piccadily New Delhi. Please do let us know if there are any areas of improvement, we must look at.

Team Piccadily

There are newer reviews for Piccadily Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Arriving at the Hilton in their airport pickup car, and with a Gold/Platinum card holder was a very embracing experience! Welcomed at the doors, ushered up to the Club level for check-in and met with almost obsequious attention.

The room, WiFi, food and facilities were what you'd expect of a capital city Hilton - all generally up to standard; decent, even high quality, bathroom amenities; a lovely pool and decent mid-sized gym room (the Pool opening hours could have been longer); and a very spacious lobby with the obligatory South Asian cake stall!

I'm only going for 4-stars as I did feel like the interior fit was starting to fade just a bit in places - I also got stuck in the lift twice [only for 30 secs or so] after power outages.

It's close to the airport - although still takes an age to get there!

Alternatively, say down in Gurgaon if your business is there, or off Janpath if your business is in New Delhi central.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Donald,

Thank you for taking out time to review Piccadily New Delhi till December 2013 - Hilton.

I am so glad to note that you were happy with our services in general. I am glad you pointed out Fading Decor at places, though I must say you sure have an eye for details. Your comment does help in expediting this matter and I assure you we will fix those shortly and present you fresher decor on your next trip. Actually due to high demand period we were unable to start the work.

Yes pool area is my favorite too. It is open over looking the city with cool breeze flowing. And you are right with that kind of pool in place we should extend the open hours to enjoy night city lights. Due to winters we open pool in the evening till 6:30pm as it is cold and we do not see much movement of pool users . Having said that, if anyone wants to swim post 6:30pm in winters, and notifies our staff they will be more than happy to let guest swim as long as they want. Summer time is till 10pm, here too if guest want to swim post this time are more than welcome to do so.

I apologize you to note that you got stuck in the elevation, though thank you for putting it so lightly, but even three seconds is not acceptable. Yes I do agree that there was a technical glitch, which has been take care of now. But if this happened to you, once again apology.

Considering Delhi Traffic, no matter where one stays, it takes ages to get from one point to other. I am most certain our product and services will pull you back to Piccadily New Delhi, barring all distances and traffic.

Looking forward to meeting and welcoming you you on your next trip

Regards
Piccadily Team

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was initially booked as a Hilton Hotel and changed at the start of the year. To be frankly honest I did not particularly like the hotel because of it's location, the building, the facilities and the general atmosphere of the place. The location is in an area of New delhi away from the main tourist sites and walking in the immediate area is not a particularly pleasant experience. Looking out from the raised main entrance to the hotel you are confronted by the metro rail station at eye level and a very busy road running below it. There are no grounds to talk of other than the drive upto the main entrance. The entrance hall to the hotel is huge and imposing but has no welcoming feel to it because of the size. The pool area was situated on the 4th floor and again is quite large with plenty of space to sunbathe. Unfortunately during the period we were there the smog blocked out most of the sun and the building blocked out the rest. I am not sure if the pool area ever gets any sunlight on it or not. Building work was being carried out next to the hotel and this can be quite noisy. I found the staff on the whole quite pleasant but I do not think they were happy. It could be that the hotel is waiting for the next hotel group to give it some direction and leadership.
The rooms were ok, we were upgraded for our stay and they let us retain our room an extra couple of hours whilst waiting to go for an evening flight. My wife used the spa area for some massages and found it reasonably priced and quite good.

Room Tip: A pool side room may be the best at the moment with the building work thats going on at the other si...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geditramp
Piccadily2014, Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear Sir.

Greetings from Piccadily New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Piccadily New Delhi / Janakpuri.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely, Meena Rani , Revenue Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Room service was prompt, food good. Particularly nice were cakes and pastries. However, annoyingly the service in restaurant was sloppy. Waiters were polite, but could hardly be called "attentive". They repeatedly got our order wrong. Restaurant supervisors were conspicuous by absence. If the staff had been to a training school, then the school should be shut down. It is pity, as this could have been a good hotel had middle management been more visible, and taking control of the situation. Incidentally, it is now called Piccadilly Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Sir.

Greetings from Piccadily New Delhi/Janakpuri

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Sincerely, Meena Rani , Revenue Manager

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My travel plans from Agra to Varanasi blew up and I unexpectedly ended up coming back to Delhi. I booked this hotel at the last minute but it was the nicest of my entire time in India. This hotel is beautiful and rivals some of the nicest places I've stayed anywhere in the world. There are three restaurants which, while pricey for India standards, the one I tried was quite good. There is not much right around the hotel, but it is mere steps from the Metro, which was my preferred way to get around the city anyway. Wish I had stayed here longer!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Piccadily2014, Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us have your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Piccadily New Delhi / Janakpuri.

Feedback is an essential tool that we use in our business to ensure that the levels of guest satisfaction we provide maintain and enhance the proud reputation that is synonymous with the Piccadily Group of Hotels.

We trust the services received at the Piccadily New Delhi / Janakpuri were up to your satisfaction and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate in contacting me.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in near future.

Best Regards,

Piccadily New Delhi / Janakpuri

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, very enjoyable.. Did not have any complaints with the staff, they were courteous and well behaved at all times. The location is not great though, lot of traffic if you have to reach anywhere. There's a great Italian restaurant in there too, good authentic food. The breakfast spread is really nice. Did miss the pool though, just don't get why they don't have heated pools for the winters. The room was super nice too.. we personally enjoyed the hotel a lot..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Piccadily2014, Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Piccadily New Delhi !

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and reviewing us online. We are very delighted to know that you liked the hotel rooms and the restaurants. It is of utmost importance to serve our guests right and we are glad we could live up to your standards.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to India.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

First view of this hotel is quite impressive. The lobby is spacious airy and modern. Unfortunately the rooms are in drastic need of an update. The vanity in the bathroom was cracked. All the vents/ducts are open. We were supposed to be on a non-smoking floor but there was a pervasive odor of fresh cigarette smoke particularly at night. In addition, although our room was on the 8th floor we could hear noise from a construction site below throughout the night.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in near future.

Best Regards,