“First Time Trip To India”

Piccadily Hotel New Delhi
Ranked #346 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“First Time Trip To India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my first trip to India. I stayed in four hotels total during my stay over a two week period. The Hilton Janakpuri was my favorite. It was the perfect place to land after a 16 hour flight into a foreign land. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The food was fabulous. In fact, the waiter each morning had the chef make me special dishes because he knew I loved Indian cuisine. I spent two days at the hotel. To sightsee, I took the metro across the street. I'm a city girl, so I was comfortable with that mode of transportation. It gave me a good taste of everyday Indian life. After a long day of roaming through Old Delhi markets, it was nice to come back to peacefulness of this hotel. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: The light switches are a challenge to India newbies. But it's like this at every hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel New Delhi, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us is highly appreciated. I would like to thank you for encouraging and motivating comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri.

Thank you once again for your patronage of Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri. We hope to be of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was at the end on a trip and was looking forward to a bit of luxury and good sleep. I was put in room 419 which backs on to the elevator shaft and is opposite the service entrance to the corridor, it is also on the same level as the swimming pool terrace access.
There was a wedding party that night so the noise levels were high and I asked at 12.00pm how long it was to continue, to be told it was just finishing. What I wasnt told was that the clearup operation continued for another hour with trestle tables being folded, staff barking orders and continued noise as all the furniture was moved past my door to the staff exit.
I was offered the chance to move - to room 619 which was again, backing onto the elevators. I questioned this mentioning the lift noise and was told there 'would be no noise'. But there was, and I wasnt in the mood for a second room change at now 2am.
Earlier that evening my hosts went to settle the accommodation charge (thanks for that!) but the hotel were going to charge rack rate when I had booked through Booking.com at at least 25% less. I spotted this just in time and they checked the reservation and made the ammendments.
OK - griping aside the place is great and the front desk staff, bar staff and restaurant staff are exemplary but I left exhausted and unsatisfied. I am a Hilton Honours holder as well.

Room Tip: Dont stay in rooms 419, 519, 619 as the lifts rumble when used
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that the service provided to you did not meet with your expectations.

Thank you for highlighting the issues to us. The same has been shared with the concerned department. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon so that you are able to judge our commitment to excellence yourself.

Maidstone
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here for three nights then had an overnight stop between returning from Jaipur and going to Nepal and again one night stop before flying home, it was organsied with Kuoni.The hotel and rooms are very nice but generally the public areas could do with a bit of refurbishment. The staff were very helpful but i felt the service generally was disorganised especially in 29 the restaurant!! We were asked to fill in a comments card every time we used a restaurant or bar but it didnt seem to help things, an example is when requested one tea and milk, one coffee and milk at breakfast the waiter brought first the tea then five minutes later the coffee then later again after having to repeatedly ask the milk and disregarded the request for a spoon, this happened every day with different members of staff.Prices for food and drink were expensive and due to the location of the hotel( too far out from centre) there was no where else to eat and drink so had to pay the price.Strangley they didnt have any local beers only expensive imported ones, not even kingfisher which I found odd but i have to say the quality of food in the chinese was brilliant.Tthe traffic is very conjested around the hotel so though only 30 mins from airport took us an hour or more each time. The swimming pool is on the wrong side of the hotel to be able to sit around if you want sunshine - it was always in the shade. Its a shame really because it is a nice hotel but not your normal Hilton standard of location or quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us is highly appreciated and the time taken to provide me with these details is of utmost importance to us.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience, your comments and concerns have been addressed with team members to avoid such repetition in the future.

Once again thank you for highlighting the issues to us and hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Delhi.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is around 20 min from domestic airport (550 R) We chose to stay here as we have been impressed with other Hilton hotels. Not so with this one. Service is good, as is in most hotels in India. We stayed 2 nights with a night in the middle in Agra (Taj Mahal)
Both stays we had no food or drink in the mini bar even though promised to ensure there was on the second nights stay. The sheets were brown and stained. (No idea how they keep their 5 star rating) Bathroom and shower is not only dated but unclean! (rooms 731 and 720) Hotel services guide, non existent so getting food delivered was impossible and getting locality information a challenge. The concierge gave us a bum steer in relation to the Taj Mahal which was a frustration but luckily turned out ok. We hired a car from them for a 2 day trip (15,400 R plus taxes) but you can get this for less than 10,000 out of the hotel)

A whole stack of little things just made a bad stay. Is more like 4 star. Even getting a bottle opener was a challenge.

• Stayed December 2012
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the service provided to you did not meet with your expectations. The annoyances that you identified during your stay are very concerning and trust me this is not the standard we follow at Hilton. Your observation will be shared with our team and I am certain will be of great help to us.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

It was a long trip to the hotel in a traffic congested area . Hotel is modern and new but the surrounding infrastructure around the hotel leaves much to be desired though there are a couple of malls nearby ( though walking outside the hotel is not recommended) and a new metro station opposite.
The room and ambience was good , restaurant and food options are plenty and delecious , once at the hotel you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri

Thank you for taking time and letting us know your views regarding your recent stay with us.

I’m glad to know that you enjoyed the facilities and services at the hotel and would like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri.

We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel and rooms are nice. The hotel location is right beside the metro and there is a mall right beside it. The location is quite far from the city center. Took us 2 hours to reach the hotel from the city center by car due to heavy traffic in Delhi. Food is good at cafe 21. We have buffet dinner in there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. I truly appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and we hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The staff at this Hilton should be commended on their exemplary service. At all times they were willing to do all they can to make a guests stay comfortable. The room was modern and well appointed. The food service did leave a bit to be desired. After traveling around India and tasting wonderful authentic cuisine the Hilton was a bit of a disappointment. The Indian dishes seemed to be designed for a western palate and the western cuisine was a decent Indian interpretation. We also were in Delhi during wedding season so there were many loud events going on outside, but they never lasted past about 11:30pm. We were very comfortable during our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your feedback on service-oriented employees is very much appreciated. This is certainly going to be very encouraging for the Team.
Thank you for reviewing us and will look forward to welcoming you back in on your next trip to New Delhi.