“Great introduction to India”
Review of Piccadily Hotel

Piccadily Hotel
Ranked #269 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I spent two nights here as part of a business trip. The room size and quality was good. I think the highlight of the hotel for me was the breakfast buffet. The buffet had an incredible selection of both Indian and western food.
Only negative about the hotel is that the complimentary amenities in the bathroom (including toilet paper) were not re-supplied after the first night.
The hotel is located next to a subway station, which would have been convenient if I did not have arranged transportation.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Warm Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri. We are delighted to know that you had a memorable experience with us and found our facilities to your liking.

Your constructive feedback with regards to the replenishment of the amenities has been duly noted with utmost seriousness and we assure you of corrective measures.
We strive everyday towards complete customer satisfaction and feedback such as yours help us in to the areas of focus. We are truly grateful to you for the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The building makes you expect a great stay but once inside you realize it is an aging place! Decoration is out dated and my bathroom was leaking, towels dirty...
The staff is friendly but too pushy in the restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Thank you for sharing your views on your recent stay at the Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back. Wishing you a pleasant week ahead

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel other then the location. AMAZING staff -- everyone was friendly and went out of their way to help, especially the manager and staff at the breakfast buffet. The restaurants (Indian, Italian) I had dinner at were great, the room was nice, and the spa relaxing. So the only issue is location. I am no expert on New Delhi -- but it seemed to be in the middle of nothing. Not near the other hotels. From what I understand it was closer to the airport and next to a metro stop, so that may be attractive to some people.

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

It was truly a delight to have you stay with us at The Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri on your recent trip.
I am very delighted to know that you found our services to your utmost satisfaction and enjoyed the food variety at the outlets.

I must add here that it is comments such as yours that continue to deeply motivate all of us to deliver warmer and smiling holiday experiences to all our wonderful guests.

We really hope to see you again and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This establishment has everything u wld expect in a Hilton- great rooms, nice amenities, rather helpful staff (rather I say given that the service person at the concierge seemed like he did not want to be disturbed when I approached him for help, but the other service staff were really helpful) and a selection of restaurants (there's even Chinese!). However, the breakfast spread in the morning was rather average though I can't really provide an objective assessment on this as I was rather cautious with wad I ate. Its biggest setback is its location, pulling up at the hotel from the airport (it took around 30 mins) u see this white ornamental building standing brightly out in no man's land ( it reminded me of the first Harold and kumar movie where the duo finally found White Castle) I dun know' maybe janakpuri does have its commercial attractions, but commuting from the hotel to central Delhi where I needed to go for my meetings was an absolute pain given dehli's infamous traffic jams. But then again, if are looking at avoiding the hustle and bustle of Delhi yet at the same time need to be around the area, then the establishment might just be the place.

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

We truly appreciate your feedback and value the opportunity and trust you showed in us by choosing to stay at our hotel with your family.
Thank you for your compliments with regards to our rooms and team whom you found helpful and warm.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Eating some snacks in the Reception area was our first pleasure, where you can have a simple roll or pastry on easy chairs and view the unhurried activity around you. This area was as light and spacious as you would expect; the standard room was of course well presented and comfortable. The porterage of luggage was efficient, the porters and reception staff attentive to a degree. It took some time to make the bath tap run hot, whereas the shower produced hot water much more quickly. Along the corridor on the eighth floor there is a door marked "refuge", which appears to have been designed to let people out but not to return to the landing, but a small handle had been fixed to allow re-entry to the landing; this space was essentially a concrete balcony with excellent views of the city in two directions. The Italian restaurant had space a a relaxed feel as well as great food ; companions also spoke well of the Kashniri restaurant nearby. You would need a taxi to explore the centre of the city,and there is nowhere of interest to walk to near the hotel, but as a reasonably luxurious base after a long journey it has plenty to offer.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view from your window over a wide expanse of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

It is a pleasure to know that you had a memorable experience at our hotel and facilities provided were able to meet your expectations.
The team at The Hilton joins me in thanking you for you gracious comments. Your compliments will go a long way in motivating us to continue to deliver high levels of service coupled with warmth and friendliness.

Thank you once again for your patronage of Hilton New Delhi / Janakpuri. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

New Dehli is a loud and bustling city, but you wouldn't know from the peacefulness of your hotel room. I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The rooms were clean, food at the restaurant was was good, and the electricty never went out (common problem in India).
The staff was extremely polite and helpful whenever I needed anything. I would definitely recommnd this hotel and would stay there myself if I ever return to Dehli.
This hotel was part of the vacation package I booked, so I do not know the cost to value ratio. My breakfast (buffet) was included and that was great because I was cautious where I ate outside of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent vacation to New Delhi.
We are delighted that you felt well-taken care of and that the warmth and good service you received highlighted your enjoyable stay
Your feedback has been duly shared with our associates, who feel delighted to be part of your memories.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Delhi.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had a business meeting with some colleagues from Germany staying here.
- Pathetic staff
- After requesting someone to take order for coffee in the lobby, a guy turned up after almost 25 minutes
- They brought mineral water when we asked for regular water. Then they insisted that we consume the mineral water as regular water would take at least another 15 mins to come by.
- The water bottle was delivered without glasses to drink water in and again we were told it would take 10 mins, though fortunately they did bring it in 3-4 mins!!! (wonder how they managed it)

We had lunch at their Italian restaurant, Pomodoro:
- No suggestions on meal ordering
- The lasagne was lousy, pathetic, dismal... Full of tomatoes, I almost choked on it

Pathetic service overall, though the place has nice decor.
Don't think I would recommend it to anyone.

The wash rooms were also not up to the mark.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RubalChaudhry, General Manager at Piccadily Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Warm Greetings from Hilton New Delhi/ Janakpuri

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us .
At the onset, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your short stay with us. Your constructive feedback has been noted with utmost seriousness and we assure you of corrective measures.
We wish you a pleasant week ahead.

With Warm Regards, Rubal Chaudhry, General Manager