“Super friendly and helpful and a very comfortable stay”
Review of Hotel Sunrise

Hotel Sunrise
Ranked #339 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and noticed immediately how kind and helpful the staff were with all my requests. The second night in particular, I was meant to get a sleeper bus to dharamsala but ultimately returned back to the hotel quite upset and stressed after an hour of trying to find the location of the bus pickup address and being unable to do so (while also being refused help from everyone I asked). Back at the hotel they took care of everything, contacting the bus company to see what could be done (alas no refund) and getting me a new ticket for the next night, even organising for one of the staff to transport me directly to the shelter the next day to make sure I wasn't taken to the wrong location by other taxis. They also got my ticket on the dharamsala bus for only 600 rupees and informed me that I had been swindled by the travel company who had charged me 15000 for the bus which i ultimately never found.

The rooms were big and comfortable and the airconditioning was amazing after long days in the hot Delhi sun. As a solo female traveller would definite recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jena L

Reviewed March 27, 2013

It was a comfortable stay . Good cleanliness, air conditioned,.. excellent room service.....
hotel also provides complementary breakfast within such a budgeted price....
Overall it was a pleasant stay there.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arrived in the beginning of January. First of all, the area is NOT good. There was mold all over the bathroom, the towels was dirty and had holes. It was freeeezing cold in the room and the bed linnen was cold and wet. The breakfast was served on the roof, under a canvas.....We had booked and paid for 3 nights but changed hotel right away. We said that we didn't needed our money back but kindly asked them to drive us to another hotel for free since we wasn't satisified, but NO, we had to pay for it....AWFUL HOTEL AND STAFF, DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sophia219
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Sunrise on my first trip to Delhi. The rooms were clean, they had western facilities, hot water was temperamental- as it was everywhere in India in basic hotels, but as far as a basic, cheap hotel close to Karol Bagh station goes, it was totally adequate.

The standout for me was the staff - when I got really sick they got a doctor to come and visit me, and spent the next three days making sure I was looked after. Room service, when ordered, came fairly promptly, front desk were lovely about organising taxis etc, and the owner even drove me to the FRRO to get an emergency exit visa that I needed ( long story).

I was very satisfied with the customer service, which made the terrible ordeal of being incredibly ill much more bearable, and for that, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I am not sure how this hotel is ranked as high as it is because unless you get tricked by Tripadvisor's falsified reviews from the Hotel Owner's employed staff and PR agencies, this place is definate no-no(especially for overseas travellers!). The rooms were cramped, unclean, devoid of any basic amenities, hot water on request 15mins prior(which seemed a lifetime to get sometimes), and to top it this place is situated in a no mans land in the 24/7 crowded streets of Karol Bagh from where travelling to the main tourist attractions, malls etc can be a very lengthy affair. Unless you are on an extremely tight budget or a glutton for imposing self pain on yourself mentally...Stay away from this place.

P.S: The staff at the front desk were very nice during our stay so a vote of thanks to them for making our misery 0.1% less painful!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amit R
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here two extra nights at the beginning of our tour. The bathroom was disgusting, the staff did not turn on the hot water [it was really cold weather in January]. Only after our G Adventure guide arrived on the 3rd night and I spoke to him was there hot water provided.
I am amazed about people speaking about breakfast. It was definitely not provided to us although we paid premium rates as is usual for hotels used by adventure travellers who are used to being ripped off at beginning and ending hotels.
The staff were friendly and helpful, but they began yelling at each other from about 6 am and the noise carried up to the first floor waking us up.
I would never ever stay there again. Last time we were at the Hotel Royale [about the same price, and used by Intrepid] and it was far superior, quieter and when the hot water went out the staff there brought us bucketsfull in order to bucketshower.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A group of friends and I stayed here prior to joining a tour through India. We arrived at about 12.30 in the morning only to find that the hotel had double booked our rooms and only had 1 twin room (we were a group of 4 girls) available. To remedy this, they suggested we split up into pairs and have one pair stay and the other pair travel across the city to the hotel's 'sister' hotel. We immediately decided against this and said we would all stay together in the twin room (the hotel was happy to provide extra mattresses etc), only to be made to wait another hour for the room to be 'prepared' (keeping in mind we had been in transit for over 24 hours and it was the middle of the night). In the morning a second twin room became available and we spread out, only to find that the shower didn't work in this new room. On top of this, the hotel staff tried to make us pay for breakfast even though they knew that it was included in our rooms. Will never stay here again and I don't recommend Hotel Sunrise at all.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room? Pick another hotel!