“Very Disappointing”

Big Chill
Ranked #36 of 12,989 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Khan Market/Lodhi Garden
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My girlfriend and i had a mixed experience here last week.

What was bad: 1) my girlfriend's baked potato was horrible: old, crumbly, microwaved to dryness. 2)The humus was grey. Why would it be grey? 3) the Caesar salad had generous cheese, but nonoe of the proper flavours... it shouldn't be just a few leaves of iceberg lettuce, some cream sauce, and some parmasean cheese.... this is something less.

What was good: my spaggetti putanesca- very spicy, salty from capers and olives.

And all this for over rs.1000... plus the compulsory 10% service charge. They gave themselves a rs100 tip for that food.

Sorry, no good. Maybe before you were good. Now, no.

1  Thank The_Great_Goat

Reviewed October 1, 2013

It was my birthday and we decided to venture Vasant Kunj so we hit the DLF promenade & Emporio..& when it was time for lunch Big chill suited to be a good option..and it was my first visit there..I loved the ambiance - was a different one...sine we were hungry enough & have heard a lot about their desserts so wanted to save some space for it..we had Pineapple Fizz & Orange sparkler..nothing special but very refreshing on a hot day...the people were good around there and quite helpful...complete vegetarians so i thought probably wont have much options but they proved me wrong...we had a thin crust Peri Peri ..and tried a couple of italian stuff and ended with a Missipie Mud Pie desert which was just sinfully awesome...

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We discovered this café when we went city hopping. We had initially decided to stop for a quick coffee but then found us extending our stay as we went for a full fledged evening snack. The desserts were really good here. The muffins were really soft and delicious. DO try there cheesecake. It is to die for.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

When i was on a business trip to Delhi, i had lunch at the big chill cafe and ordered a chocolate shake and pasta, both of which were perfect. The pasta was th ebest i had in India.It was so authentic and wondeful. The service was prompt an dthe staff was very friendly. Overall i had a very hearty lunch, would love to come back here some time.

1  Thank renatosiani
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Big Chill has this amazing quality- one meal here, and the world invariably feels a better place. As far as i am concerned, Big Chill has become synonymous with my Khan Market visitations. I almost every time start with the tomato and basil soup- it is out of the world awesome. I never have tomato soup from any place in the world, other than Big Chill. The best follow up to this is usually the pasta in mushroom sauce, and a piri piri pizza. The latter is special too- with a goat cheese topped center.

The umpteen number of cakes and icecreams on offer drives you to finish off the main courses as soon as possible. The Irish creme cheese cake is my favorite, but the double chocolate decadence and the waffle with iecream combo are not bad either.

The prices continue to be student friendly, hence its clientale has kind of grown with it. The recent renovations has added a lot more space, so no waiting lines, and the portions are healthy. I only wish they had some burger options!

Go and enjoy!