“Good food, Amazing ambiance & Chilled out service”
Review of Big Chill

Big Chill
Ranked #31 of 12,577 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Delhi, India
“Good food, Amazing ambiance & Chilled out service”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have been to Big Chill a couple of times, though now I always prefer the Khan Market one to the others mainly because of the ambiance and the atmosphere around Khan Market. Big Chill has been synonymous with great desserts ever since its first outlet opened in Kailash Colony years ago. However, the food is equally good and the desserts are like "the icing on the cake".

As soon as you enter the staircase through the door in the middle lane and walk up to the restaurant the bright colors on the wall with the various posters instantly relax you putting you in a lighter mood. You are greeted at the landing with the cold counter that stacks up the various desserts which cannot be missed and you know that you have to keep space for this amazing assortment at the end of the meal.

The staff is quick and chilled out (not indifferent). Though a tad slow, you don't mind waiting because of the amazing atmosphere of the cafe. They are liberal with their suggestions and I would suggest you listen to them, because they do come up with some amazing suggestions after listening to your preferences. They genuinely ask you for your views and indulge in a dialogue if you have any constructive criticism about the food, the place or the crockery in general.

It is always a fun outing, if you are sitting at a place with a lively ambiance and the food served is equally good if not better. Big Chill serves very high quality fare and the way it is delivered to your table says a lot about the passion with which they create their dishes. I have always maintained that no matter how good or bad the location, the decor or the service at a restaurant is, if the food is good, nothing else matters. Big Chill doesn't fail at all and to start with I would suggest the Minestrone with Chicken Soup with a Roast Chicken Platter. Our server suggested a Grilled Chicken Salad and we were not at all disappointed with it. Considering I am not a salad person, I devoured half of it and loved it. For the Vegetarians, I would recommend the Veggie Pizza, the crust is fresh and crunchy, the cheese gooey enough to melt in your mouth and the veggies fresh. I tried a slice and did not mind stuffing myself with a veggie dish. The Grills are my favorite part of the menu and the first on the list, the Grilled Breast of Chicken is always my favorite. A must try I prefer it with Jacket Potato. For those who prefer baked, the Lasagna Bolognese is highly recommended.

To accompany the plethora of the food the Fresh Juices are a great accompaniment to wash it down especially on a nice afternoon. Desserts are in abundance and you have a sweet tooth, I would suggest you might skip the main course (like some people I know do). The list is endless but I always stop at the Mississippi Mud Pie. After the food consumed I strongly suggest you have an equally eager partner who does not believe in dieting to devour the Mud Pie monster.

Big Chill scores in all the departments of great food, amazing ambiance and chilled out service.
I won't ever stop going there and after writing this review might as well make a trip soon enough.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Omaha, Nebraska
“Top 3 of my favorite restaurants for Delhi”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Where to begin... the menu has soooo many awesome options. Delicious salads (which are hard to come by in India). My favorite is the smoked chicken with sundried tomatoes. The stuffed chicken dishes and pasta dishes are always satisfying. But what you go to the Big Chill for is the desserts. Really the only place you can get a milk shake that is thick and not watered down, I love the peanut butter or the oreo coffee shakes. The crown jewel is the Mississppi Mud Pie, best dessert to be had in Delhi.

The also recently expanded the Khan Market Big Chill to accommodate more people. You can also find the Big Chill in Kailash Colony Market and DLF Promenade mall in Saket.

• Visited December 2012
Srinagar, India
“I love it !”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well , what to say about Big Chill. One of my Favorite restaurants in Delhi. The meals are well prepared and served ! I especially love the tuna melt ! Overall 5 stars from my side ..Cheers

• Visited April 2013
New Delhi, India
“hangout with friends”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Excellent food, great ambience. good place to hangout with family and friends. mini europe in delhi :)

Visited June 2012
Delhi
“Consistent taste and ambience”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

One never feels disappointed with the taste, quality and ambience at this great food joint. We keep going back when ever we are truly hungry and in no mood to experiment and newer places. U know what u want at Big Chill and will get it !! Lip smacking Italian fare....go for it !

• Visited February 2013