“yummy food and amazing drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spaghetti Kitchen - CLOSED

Spaghetti Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yummy food and amazing drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had lunch here while we were shopping here in saket. It is a nice restauarant and the food was top notch. ALl teh dishes we tried were served so well, flavors were spot on. Eevrything was beautifully presented. The staff was freidnly and teh srevice was very quick. We had noc omplian.s Would defienitel reocmmend it.

• Visited October 2013

USA
“Nice food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had dinner here and it was a lovely experience. The wait staff was extremely friendly and greeted us warmly. The service was quick and the food was great. The flavors were good and authentic. A major letdown was that i found the pasta a bit bland. Other than that nothing was below amazing. Totally worth it.

Visited July 2013
“Great Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

**Review is for Spaghetti Kitchen - Pacific Mall - Tagore Garden**

I love the Italian food they serve at all Spaghetti kitchen outlets.
Starters : I am a vegetarian and have tried almost everything they offer in starters for vegetarians but the best i like is their Ciabatta bruschettas.The best ones are the Artichoke , sun dried tomato and fresh tomato basil ones. They are a must try.parmesan creme cheese baby potatoes are also good.

Pasta : I have tried many vegetarian pasta's at this restaurant and they all taste good. Have good amount of flavor in it. I love their spinach ravioli. Only issue i have is i need some good amount of olives in my pasta and they never put any. I just got some pastas packed last night and they didn't even have a single olive in it.

Pizzas : This is was let down specially when they charge a bomb for a pizza. Less toppings on the pizza and taste not that great as well.My non-vegetarian friend also complained about less of meat on his pizza.The prices are high compared to what they give.

Drinks : I go there for the draught beer they serve as in west Delhi there is a shortage of restaurants serving draught. And price is good. Rs.89+taxes for a glass. But other drinks are priced high. Also i don't think they have any happy hours.Never noticed. I have tried few cocktails - they are Ok but again in India i am yet to find a restaurant which serves a good cocktail with good amount of alcohol in it.

Service is fast.

Dinner for 2 with drinks can surely cost around Rs.3000 or more here.

• Visited October 2013
New Delhi, India
“Excellent Food, BUT Poor Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Spaghetti Kitchen proved to be very good at delivering great Italian food. Chicken lasagne is a must try. Taste, texture, and freshness at its best. Also the spaghetti meatballs were good, it was like eating in a restaurant in Italy itself.
Ambience was also very nice, me and my husband had a candle night dinner there. Everything was good except the poor service. I ordered a mocktail which arrived just before I was having my last bite of food. Also, my husband ordered just Pepsi which arrived when he was about to finish! Night that started happy ended with spoilt mood. The manager came to us, before we were leaving and apologised to us, which was good, at least they took responsibility. If taste is your main concern this is a great Italian restaurant do not miss! But don't expect a service of acceptable standard.

Visited June 2013
New Delhi, India
“very average food, good decor, scant service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

went to the restaurant in subhash nagar mall, but i am assuming the decor and food will be the same given that this is a chain.
i had read a few good things about it so was eager to try it out. the decor is quite pleasant and feels upscale (the prices justify it!). but we went with a child, and for a seating capacity of 50+, they only had 2 high chairs! its hard to make a toddler sit in any other kind of chair.
while the wait staff came to our table promptly within a couple mins with the menu, that was as prompt as it got during the course.
one would expect from any italian restaurant that bread and butter/olive oil would not be in short supply. for a party of 4, we were given just 4/5 pieces of different breads with butter. while they were warm, they werent quite as hot as we would have liked. while we didnt ask for more bread, in my experiences, the wait staff elsewhere keeps the bread bowl full!
we ordered focaccia bread for starter. it was warm, but tasted stale. i ordered the seafood pasta. having had seafood pasta all over the place from halifax to ft lauderdale, i was quite eager to see what delhi had to offer. in short, i was disappointed. there was no broth, the pasta was in a generic tomato sauce which smelled and tasted more of garlic than seafood. there was one mussel on top, which was tough and chewy. same with the squid rings, of which i got 3 or so. no scallops that i could distinguish. and there were shrimp which were cut into uneven pieces.
and no cheese??? in an italian restaurant!. while quantity was ok, i was duly unimpressed by the quality of the food. we also ordered the meatball pasta. the meatballs were small, unimaginative and literally tasted like the meatballs you get in ikea, except ikea meatballs taste better. the beef with pasta was decent, but could have used some more oil. it was on the dry side.
for dessert we tried the tiramisu. my wife makes a better meaner tiramisu. what we got was more of a reduction of what is supposed to be a tiramisu. there was hint of coffee and no taste of rum to speak of. for 4 people, it came out to 1000 per person, with just 2 draught beers for drinks.
even though we went early, around 830, wait staff was slow and on multiple occasions i had to look around to find one.
bottomline, if you have had italian food outside india (even if its olive garden), you can skip sphagetti kitchen and not miss anything.

no extra cheese on pasta?? what kind of italian is it ??

• Visited June 2013