“Stale Cake and Muffin”

Neighborhood: Minto Road
New Delhi, India
“Stale Cake and Muffin”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

After a family dinner we went out to satiate our desire for a good dessert, at the Select City Walk outlet of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. We ordered for Choco Chip muffins and a slice of Choco Fudge Cake. By the looks they looked scrumptious, it seems although the server served it to us after warming them up, but on the inside they were still cold. Secondly for both the items, it seems that the flour used was stale as both the items tasted terrible and did not taste fresh at all. My son who usually does not pass up an opportunity to finish off anything sweet, also did not touch it after his first bite.
On enquiring for a suggestion/complaint book, the person at the counter drew a blank on persistance could give me a loose feedback form, which I am sure is not trackable. We left the outlet dissapointed.

• Visited November 2012

Delhi, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I really had a good experience at this place!”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Every person who has a sweet tooth must try out the chocolate fondue at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf! It is by far the best cuisine that I’ve had. I’ll give you guys a little hint, chocolate fondue is a cup full of hot liquid chocolate which is served with strawberries! Believe me folks, it is absolutely mesmerizing and a must have for every chocolate lover. Now speaking about coffee, on my visit the same day, I had a cappuccino and it was perfect. I really had a good experience at this place.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank devika123
Mathews
“Nice place ...”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Nice place and lives upto it's international reputation. Select City Mall can get a little too crowded on the weekend and holidays though.

If however, you really want to have the best tea & coffee experience in the city of New Delhi - you need to head out to the Tea Lounge at the Taj Palace hotel. Huge indoor and outdoor place, superb ambience and the famous Taj Service - but what makes the place a winner is the sheer variety of tea and the live painting exhibition by some of the upcoming artists of India. Taj allows one exclusive painter a week to put up his / her display at no cost, however, dont expect the painting to be cheap - they still cost a bomb.

If you are there around 3pm dont miss the English Tea service - puts the brits to shame. :-)

2 Thank Neena12345